Is Greg McElroy not aware that the proper reaction to be drafted late is to cry like an infant?

T0mShane

What's wrong with this kid? He acknowledges that people dying in a tornado is a real tragedy while getting drafted into the NFL maybe a little later than you thought you would is, by comparison, trivial? I mean, where's the tears? Where's the Hamlet-like solilioquies? Where's the courageous family group hugs in the time of great despair?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6456881

Tom Brady, now THIS is a guy with some real perspective:

McElroy is a poor mans Pennington.

Hes just happy somebody drafted him at all.

Nonsense. If McElroy was smart, he'd have recognized that cruel fate had just driven a dagger deep into his heart. He'd at least know to take a baseball bat for a melancholy walk around the block.

so how many qb's we goin to keep this year i wonder???

Guessing three, pretty standard.

Two is slightly risky but uncommon, 4 an absolute waste of a roster spot (generally).

#1 Sanchez (Undisputed World Heavyweight Starter)

#2 Brunell (Knows his role)

#3 McElroy (Future knows his role)

Done and done.

Guessing three, pretty standard.

Two is slightly risky but uncommon, 4 an absolute waste of a roster spot (generally).

#1 Sanchez (Undisputed World Heavyweight Starter)

#2 Brunell (Knows his role)

#3 McElroy (Future knows his role)

Done and done.

I'd keep Clemens over Brunell's waste of space weakling body. And no he doesnt know the playbook like Clemens, nor does he have the ability of a 27 year old backup like Kellen. Brunell's signing was the worst in Jet history, even above Jason Taylor.

What's wrong with this kid? He acknowledges that people dying in a tornado is a real tragedy while getting drafted into the NFL maybe a little later than you thought you would is, by comparison, trivial? I mean, where's the tears? Where's the Hamlet-like solilioquies? Where's the courageous family group hugs in the time of great despair?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6456881

Tom Brady, now THIS is a guy with some real perspective:

Hey, Tommy (Shane, not Brady), what's your take on Mark Ingram's teary eyes as he fell down the draft board before being taken? He must be the biggest p-word, self-absorbed azz on the planet, eh? Or, maybe, just maybe, he felt like he was letting his dad down....got caught up in the emotion of the moment...maybe, just maybe, he'll hold on to that feeling and have it drive him towards great success. Maybe he'll recall Kolber soaking up the moment by reading him a telegram sent by his jailbird Daddy. Use it as his fire. Recall those feelings during his career and use it as fuel. Maybe it's these percieved slights, family love, that could drive a person to succeed. You aren't an elite athlete and neither am I. It's just a thought.

The Pats just drafted a backup QB who is a meth head.

Maybe he and Ellis can hang out...shoot, invite Holmes over and spark 'em up. Perpahs Edwards can stop by with some Patron...surely he will use the Jets limosine service this time. Kevin Faulk will be forced to retire soon - he can be their runner. He likes the weed too. Forget Ainge though. He's getting clean and hanging with Deacon Uncle Ainge in very posh Wellesley, MA.

Hey, Tommy (Shane, not Brady), what's your take on Mark Ingram's teary eyes as he fell down the draft board before being taken? He must be the biggest p-word, self-absorbed azz on the planet, eh? Or, maybe, just maybe, he felt like he was letting his dad down....got caught up in the emotion of the moment...maybe, just maybe, he'll hold on to that feeling and have it drive him towards great success. Maybe he'll recall Kolber soaking up the moment by reading him a telegram sent by his jailbird Daddy. Use it as his fire. Recall those feelings during his career and use it as fuel. Maybe it's these percieved slights, family love, that could drive a person to succeed. You aren't an elite athlete and neither am I. It's just a thought.

Brady crying 7 years after the fact, with all his millions, his super model wife, and 3 rings, was the same as Mark Ingram. Got it.

We get it, Garb. You wish Brady was inside you every night.

Yeah, where were his parents during the process? Were they as strong as Tom Brady's parents going through such a tragic moment in a young mans life?

Thats the real question at hand.

We'll have this conversation if Ingram is still crying about it, oh, eight years from now.

Brady crying 7 years after the fact, with all his millions, his super model wife, and 3 rings, was the same as Mark Ingram. Got it.

We get it, Garb. You wish Brady was inside you every night.

...and you all secretely wish you were Tom Brady, got it.

I've met him. Many years ago. Nice guy. Looked like he was tweleve.

I will always defend the player that rewarded my many, many years of fandom. I used to go to games and watch Hugh Millen getting beat up on the way to a 2 win season. With the exception of Troy Brown, Tom Brady will always be The Man. :D

...and you all secretely wish you were Tom Brady, got it.

I've met him. Many years ago. Nice guy. Looked like he was tweleve.

I will always defend the player that rewarded my many, many years of fandom. I used to go to games and watch Hugh Millen getting beat up on the way to a 2 win season. With the exception of Troy Brown, Tom Brady will always be The Man. :D

Hugh Millen never cried like a pussy over his draft status - truth. :yes:

Hugh Millen never cried like a pussy over his draft status - truth. :yes:

You know this how? Did you watch a one hour espn special on Hugh Millen?

Speaking of Hugh. I remember seeing him at Macy's in downtown Boston about two days after he played the Sunday before and got killed as usual. Anyway, poor dude. Limping, arm in a sling, winching in pain. He should have been crying.

Just watched that Brady video for the first time. What a vagina.

Yes, but his parents are so strong.

Why is this not sinking in with anyone? Its not what Brady had to go through, it was what his parents had to endure. As a parent, I know you must understand how trying it must be to watch your child get drafted by an NFL team. I mean, where, as a parent, do you find the courage to be so strong on such a tragic day?

You know this how? Did you watch a one hour espn special on Hugh Millen?

Speaking of Hugh. I remember seeing him at Macy's in downtown Boston about two days after he played the Sunday before and got killed as usual. Anyway, poor dude. Limping, arm in a sling, winching in pain. He should have been crying.

But was he?

Johnny Unitas was a 9th round pick and then got cut by the team that drafted him, they never had an hour long documentary that aired on national television in which he cried like a faggot over it and he was a much better QB than Tom Brady.

Yes, but his parents are so strong.

Why is this not sinking in with anyone? Its not what Brady had to go through, it was what his parents had to endure. As a parent, I know you must understand how trying it must be to watch your child get drafted by an NFL team. I mean, where, as a parent, do you find the courage to be so strong on such a tragic day?

Damn you. I hadn't thought about this until now, but my son didn't get drafted, as a matter of fact he didn't even play college football. I'm sobbing quietly to myself right now, while everyone in my office thinks I am a big pussy.

But was he?

Johnny Unitas was a 9th round pick and then got cut by the team that drafted him, they never had an hour long documentary that aired on national television in which he cried like a faggot over it and he was a much better QB than Tom Brady.

Because Tom Brady is legend. Deal with it. :P

Because Tom Brady is legend. Deal with it. :P

So his time is past, and the stories are exaggerated and unverified? Probably right.

legend [ˈlɛdʒənd]n1. a popular story handed down from earlier times whose truth has not been ascertained2. a group of such stories the Arthurian legend3. a modern story that has taken on the characteristics of a traditional legendary tale4. a person whose fame or notoriety makes him a source of exaggerated or romanticized tales or exploits5. an inscription or title, as on a coin or beneath a coat of arms6. explanatory matter accompanying a table, map, chart, etc.7. (Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms)a. a story of the life of a saintb. a collection of such stories[C14 (in the sense: a saint's life or a collection of saints' lives): from Medieval Latin legenda passages to be read, from Latin legere to read]legendry n

Archived