The Office Mafia Game Thread

be honest is it because of the Ape? If it is just say so and I'll vote his a$$ in warp speed.

I'm always down for killing the stupid ape just because.

Hehe of course not ... I'm enjoying the game but also wouldn't mind being JVoR's assistant, especially with multiple people who didn't get a chance to sign up. :)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T0mShane has asked to be replaced. I'm going to contact Smash first to see if he can be a replacement.

Dan has also said she'd like to help me mod, so if JiF is up to it he can fill in for her.

The only good thing about this is that Dan is probably scum, and JiF is easier to lynch. :)

I hope Shane isn't dropping out on us. He's been a great addition.

The only good thing about this is that Dan is probably scum, and JiF is easier to lynch. :)

I hope Shane isn't dropping out on us. He's been a great addition.

Careful now, what did I tell you about crossing me?

Official Vote Count:

Brettw4rd (3): Jetsfan80, Verbal, T0mshane

Slats (1): AVM

Jetsfan80 (6): SMC, Jetscode1,Vicious, Crusher, Lily, DPR

Pac (1): Slats

I28 (5): Sharrow, Dan X, CTM, Wwombat, Crazy Hess

Vicious (3): Pac, I28, Brett

With 19 people alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

The sudden momentum to I28 is certainly interesting. My first thought there is that scum wouldn't be interested in voting him off early. No offense, monkey, but you can be a help to scum as town merely by being the center of attention. So while I think scum might not be interested in voting him off, they'd probably be interested in keeping him agitated. As long as he's one of the major trains, he's going to be an attention sink.

My thinking, I28, would be for you to reveal earlier rather than later today - especially if you're going to be on in the morning and then gone for the day. If a train runs up on you while you're out, then we'll spend much of the day just sitting around waiting for you. If you reveal and get it out of the way, you're no longer much of a distraction - depending upon the reveal, of course. :blink:

I'm gonna get accused of being a role-fisher, but that's not my intent here at all. If you're town, you have to decide if it's okay to reveal, or if it's better to keep it to yourself right now. If you think it's better to be quiet, so be it. But if you can reveal and take the spotlight off of yourself for the day in the process, I think that would be good for the town.

So go ahead and tell us about your bulletproof vest... :lol:

I'm not voting you, but I'll vote JiF in a heartbeat. :P

Freakin sucks TomShane is dropping out ... oh wait, wrong game.

Seriously, so what TomShane is going on a vacation? I played mafia while at Disney World last year. Hope you can stay.

And it would be funny if JiF subbed for Dan and we speed lynch him. Dan definitely has the scum vibe.

The sudden momentum to I28 is certainly interesting. My first thought there is that scum wouldn't be interested in voting him off early. No offense, monkey, but you can be a help to scum as town merely by being the center of attention. So while I think scum might not be interested in voting him off, they'd probably be interested in keeping him agitated. As long as he's one of the major trains, he's going to be an attention sink.

My thinking, I28, would be for you to reveal earlier rather than later today - especially if you're going to be on in the morning and then gone for the day. If a train runs up on you while you're out, then we'll spend much of the day just sitting around waiting for you. If you reveal and get it out of the way, you're no longer much of a distraction - depending upon the reveal, of course. :blink:

I'm gonna get accused of being a role-fisher, but that's not my intent here at all. If you're town, you have to decide if it's okay to reveal, or if it's better to keep it to yourself right now. If you think it's better to be quiet, so be it. But if you can reveal and take the spotlight off of yourself for the day in the process, I think that would be good for the town.

So go ahead and tell us about your bulletproof vest... :lol:

I'm not voting you, but I'll vote JiF in a heartbeat. :P

The sudden momentum to me is horse sh*t.

Thursday/Friday was all nonsense talk, so I prioritized my job - which I've said multiple times is what I'd be doing this game during the work week. BEFORE roles were sent out. My not posting during the work day goes back to the end of last game. I also told you guys BEFORE roles were sent out that I would NOT be playing the stupid angry ape bit again, as its earned me an unwanted badge of honor. This MVP bullcrap.

Sat/Sun I actually posted in between hosting a BBQ and enjoying the weekend, I start getting into the game and suddenly I'm catching heat from a chorus of echoes about my "play being different." Considering I said my play would be different, and that we haven't actually seen a full weekday's worth of game-related posting, I'd say its ridiculously premature for any of these clowns to start in on the so-and-so is playing different crap.

To your concerns... I'm not going to get agitated, and I'm not going to consume the whole game with my defense for the reason you state the scum WANT that to happen Slats. I'm leaving for work in a bit, will check in around lunch, and will be back online tonight. In case the pigs get impatient wondering where I am.

Me not posting during the day should help keep the focus off me. I don't think I need to worry about revealing with 5 votes... I'm more curious to see how many others pile on with the same bullsh*t meta case about my gameplay.

So you guys start a train on me, then move it to I-28? What a creative bunch we are. For once maybe we should coax some of the less active posters out from the shadows.

Yeah, maybe we'll get a nice surprise and have a Pac train next... or JIF the minute he starts playing. :rolleyes:

So you guys start a train on me, then move it to I-28? What a creative bunch we are. For once maybe we should coax some of the less active posters out from the shadows.

Meh, i don't think the ape's ever been voted off early.

Just checking back in...my daughte had a softball tournament yesterday. 12 hours in the sun getting baked but at least her team won the whole thing...kinda cool...

I too find the whole I-28 train interesting...I had him and 80 as my early top two suspects so I'm OK with that...may have to build a vote tracker for future reference though.

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on why any train leading to any reveal is not desirable right now? Then I'd love to hear why the J80 train was suddenly de-railed?

Because to me, that looks an awful lot like a scum team trying to keep the town from a lucky D1 lynch.

Last game I called out CTM and Vic, and a day later after walking away from the bickering I realize it was Wombat and SMC.

I know you can't stop being a doosh, but at least get your facts straight.

Vote: I28

I'm tired of him making the whole damn game about him.

The sudden momentum to me is horse sh*t.

Thursday/Friday was all nonsense talk, so I prioritized my job - which I've said multiple times is what I'd be doing this game during the work week. BEFORE roles were sent out. My not posting during the work day goes back to the end of last game. I also told you guys BEFORE roles were sent out that I would NOT be playing the stupid angry ape bit again, as its earned me an unwanted badge of honor. This MVP bullcrap.

Sat/Sun I actually posted in between hosting a BBQ and enjoying the weekend, I start getting into the game and suddenly I'm catching heat from a chorus of echoes about my "play being different." Considering I said my play would be different, and that we haven't actually seen a full weekday's worth of game-related posting, I'd say its ridiculously premature for any of these clowns to start in on the so-and-so is playing different crap.

To your concerns... I'm not going to get agitated, and I'm not going to consume the whole game with my defense for the reason you state the scum WANT that to happen Slats. I'm leaving for work in a bit, will check in around lunch, and will be back online tonight. In case the pigs get impatient wondering where I am.

Me not posting during the day should help keep the focus off me. I don't think I need to worry about revealing with 5 votes... I'm more curious to see how many others pile on with the same bullsh*t meta case about my gameplay.

Jesus. First post is crap - you FOS everybody and then state you knew it once they lynch scum.

I agree with Wombat on the 2nd post.

Last post is you confirming what Wombat said. You like the focus being on you. We all know this, so there is no need to defend/deny that simple fact. The differentiation is that when you are focused, you are useful as the center of attention. But when you play all wily-nily, you are unfocused and harmful to the town. You must realize this by now, which is why you keep talking about changing your gameplay.

All that being said, DPR is right. There was a very subtle shift that seems to have occurred and now I28 is the hot train. Gonna look back to see who started that...

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on why any train leading to any reveal is not desirable right now? Then I'd love to hear why the J80 train was suddenly de-railed?

Not sure why you believe my train has been "de-railed". I still have 7 votes on me.

Because to me, that looks an awful lot like a scum team trying to keep the town from a lucky D1 lynch.

Look in the sky, it's a bird, a plane, it's Super Townie! :corn:

Put a sock in it toots. Doesn't Jetfat have the most votes right now? How has that train "derailed".

If past games tell us anything we'll be getting 2 reveals soon enough. I think getting more people involved is much more beneficial to the town then rapidly getting JF to L1 like you wanted.

I'm down for some ape pressure, I know he said he'd play differently this game, but he's been saying that for the last 5 games and this is the first time he's not playing like a lunatic. Also, killing jf80 on day 1 is jif at this point. Why not throw some pressure on the guy who always lasts till near end game..

unvote

vote ape

And here it was. Wombat was the next vote, but I'm not getting a clear read on that one. This vote, however, looks to be the catalyst that is derailing the 80 train and allowing the Ape's to gain steam.

Not sure why you believe my train has been "de-railed". I still have 7 votes on me.

That's not the point. Having a train stall and another gain momentum is the same thing as saying a train was derailed.

Freakin sucks TomShane is dropping out ... oh wait, wrong game.

Seriously, so what TomShane is going on a vacation? I played mafia while at Disney World last year. Hope you can stay.

And it would be funny if JiF subbed for Dan and we speed lynch him. Dan definitely has the scum vibe.

I've played mafia in Scotland so suck it.

That's not the point. Having a train stall and another gain momentum is the same thing as saying a train was derailed.

you say tomato, I say tomotto.

I don't consider a train derailed when someone is leading in votes.

Is it 7? Do you need an 8th vote to reveal? If so, I can provide it. If not, just go ahead.

It hasn't derailed, I unvoted. That's ONE vote, MY vote. And I'll take full consequences for it too. I had no plans to move off of 80 until the Ape came storming in acting like he knew outcomes already. So we now have two trains instead of one which I personally think is better for town given tomorrow nights deadline.

Who was it who chided everyone last game for playing for reveals instead of good old-fashioned scum-hunting? Was that DPR or Wombat?

I think that was Wombat. I happen to agree with him to an extent. But if the town wants to play the 'run somebody to L-1 and then reveal' game, it puts the scumhunters at a disadvantage as they can't really examine lynch trains like they could if they happened on their own. These trains are simply joke votes turned into real pressure.

I've played mafia in Scotland so suck it.

You play mafia while driving, so you're a different animal than the rest of us.

As to JF80 and I28, I'd be happy to vote either, but if I had to chose I'd vote off I28.

Who was it who chided everyone last game for playing for reveals instead of good old-fashioned scum-hunting? Was that DPR or Wombat?

It was me. On D1, I usually just accept that a townie will get lynched, but that if everyone is pressured to post, they wind up starting a trail that they have to stick to, and by D3, you often get people to slip.

Having said that, I'm not going to preach it game after game. JN's games have evolved in a different direction, so why fight the tide? Here it's a forced reveal game, and the race is on to see if the town or the scum team can do the most with it.

FWIW, in a game like the last one, where it comes down to the wire, and both sides are pulling strategies - that's what I love about mafia.

So for now, we've got 35 hours or so force 3 reveals and get whatever info we can. Why bother pretending like anything else is gonna happen? Get on with it.

I WANT TO MAKE LISTS!!! Lol and I want JiF back with us.

LISTS?!?!?!!!!oneoneone111!!!1!?

Slats is destined to be the first modkilled player this season as soon as Dan drops out.

Never works til really Day 3. I used to always try on Day 2, usually picking Sharrow...who'd get pissed off. Because I'd always luck in to him being scum :P

So for now, we've got 35 hours or so force 3 reveals and get whatever info we can. Why bother pretending like anything else is gonna happen? Get on with it.

Never works til really Day 3. I used to always try on Day 2, usually picking Sharrow...who'd get pissed off.

Yep and Yep

It was me. On D1, I usually just accept that a townie will get lynched, but that if everyone is pressured to post, they wind up starting a trail that they have to stick to, and by D3, you often get people to slip.

Having said that, I'm not going to preach it game after game. JN's games have evolved in a different direction, so why fight the tide? Here it's a forced reveal game, and the race is on to see if the town or the scum team can do the most with it.

FWIW, in a game like the last one, where it comes down to the wire, and both sides are pulling strategies - that's what I love about mafia.

I really never thought I'd ever find myself agreeing with you. That's why I even LOL'D at people "scum hunting" on day 1. We're going to force the reveal limit, and pick from there. Day 2 is when the real game begins as we have some information to work with at that point. Right now it's a blind crap shoot and pontificating as to how you have scum targeted on day 1 is asinine. With that being said, seems 80 revealed so.

Unvote

Vote- I28

Meh, i don't think the ape's ever been voted off early.

He may have once last year. Serious question on a slight sidebar...about time for alts, no? I vote next game if it's possible. It'll be interesting to see how things work out with them this season

We've got to get reveals, simply because no ones going to do anything until we have both reveals today.

All righty. I am Angela Martin. Once during the game, I can use my connection to the State Senator to prevent a lynch from taking place.

Hm. Ok. So who's the odds on favorite to ask you to vet yourself right now?

Archived