Movies We've Seen Thread

Ah, so toys are high art also. It is just that Transformers sucks. I do not have the problem of rating the Transformers movie. I won't see it. I saw part of one, there was a fight in a city and they were on a building that was collapsing and sliding down. I've seen that scene more than once, but I am not sure if it is the same movie or they are all like that.

Transformers are awesome. The first and third flicks are decent, all three feature a plethora of unintentional humor, and the battle of Chicago is probably one of the coolest CG sequences ever produced. But bad is bad. And Transformers 4 is Batman & Robin bad.

One of my proudest moments as a Dad is when my two boys came home to tell me what a waste of film and time the remake of "Total Recall" was. We watched the original and now they are both trying to meet a three tittied woman. Can;t help from getting misty from that one.

I remember my old man getting excited to take me to see Wild Wild West because he liked the show when he was a kid. We both left the theater changed men that day.

I remember my old man getting excited to take me to see Wild Wild West because he liked the show when he was a kid. We both left the theater changed men that day.

Again Salma Hyek in long johns flap open in the back is my only recollection of that movie.  did I miss anything?

Seriously.  So pissed that I had to sit through that last night.  Honestly thinking about dumping this chick for it.  

Probably my favorite thing about being married to Mrs Crusher.  We have plenty of kids to go with her to the movies, concerts, friend parties and weddings I dont want to go to.  It's at the point she doesn;t even ask anymore.  Really nice actually. 

Watched Blue Ruin on Netflix last night. Never heard of it or anybody in it. Well, that's not strictly true. Eve's Plumb is in it. Interesting movie. People get killed, there is some decent tension. Worse ways to kill an hour and half while you wait for the A/C to cool down the apartment. Did anybody else see it? Seemed good enough that most of you should have, but not so great anybody would be touting it here.

I have learned so much in this thread:

Toys = ridiculous and immature. Comic books = high art

I saw Blue Ruin. It was good.

• Upvote 1

I cannot recommend Blue Ruin highly enough. 99 cents up on iTunes right now. Trust me on this one.

Foxcatcher boring, Nightrawler dope. Also enjoyed Blue Ruin, Selma, Whiplash, and The Drop.

Okay.  Fine.  Fair enough, but 99 cents?  iTunes?  Obviously, we do not know each other as well as I thought.

My chick dragged me to Jurassic World last night against my will.  It was exactly what I expected, horrible.  

Some fun Dino battle scenes, a couple of mildly funny comic relief moments, some neat CGI with a terrible redundant plot and pathetic acting.  Feel bad for the actors who got roped into this piece of sh*t because they actually had some decent actors in the movie but they kept them so one dimensional that they could have had a bunch of nobodies and it wouldnt have mattered. 

When is this series going to be over?  When will the world realize that having a Dinosaur Theme Park is a bad idea? 

Good setup... will keep reading to see who bit.

Nobody took the opportunity to tee-off on JIF for griping about the same things in Transformers that he defended in Avengers? He set it up perfect, intentional or not. 

Instead it's a "who discovered Blue Ruin" first measuring contest. You guys perpetually disappoint me.

Nobody took the opportunity to tee-off on JIF for griping about the same things in Transformers that he defended in Avengers? He set it up perfect, intentional or not. 

Instead it's a "who discovered Blue Ruin" first measuring contest. You guys perpetually disappoint me.

Well, considering I was talking about Jurassic World and my "review" was nothing like my take on the Avengers...I think you answered your own question. 

Good setup... will keep reading to see who bit.

Typical Ape. At 1:43 "I will display patience."  At 1:45 "I can't believe that nobody took the opportunity!"

• Upvote 2

It's always a schtick, though I have to admit that my initial thought was that you expected people to pounce on JiF has a chick (chubster comments?) and not Avengers vs. Jurassic World.

Well, this particular tendency you're pointing out is absolutely part of the Ape persona I developed over years playing mafia with these guys. I did expect people to pounce on him, but also have done the "I'm catching up to the thread / impetuous reaction" thing as part of my art here. 

But if you want to insist you got me, then sure, you got me.

Well, this particular tendency you're pointing out is absolutely part of the Ape persona I developed over years playing mafia with these guys. I did expect people to pounce on him, but also have done the "I'm catching up to the thread / impetuous reaction" thing as part of my art here. 

But if you want to insist you got me, then sure, you got me.

Got you?  Who wants you?

Back to the movies.  What is tonight's Netflix recommendation?  Should I scroll back 47 pages and see?

Got you?  Who wants you?

Back to the movies.  What is tonight's Netflix recommendation?  Should I scroll back 47 pages and see?

I've been binging Ray Donovan, no movies this week for me. I've got Showtime for free right now, so I'm taking advantage. 

Watched a bit of that.  Seemed pretty good, but I never got too caught up.  Guess I should start at the beginning.

The tiny blond from the first episode is sexy. Yeah, it's a good show so far. I absolutely love Jon Voight as Mickey, his father. He's pure sin, and Voight has a way of channeling it into facial expressions that say more than dialogue ever could. 

Now, there are some aspects of the show that spin out far too many mellowdramas and put Ray at the center of fixing everything, sort of like Jax Teller in SOA, which makes it feel a bit corny at times, but it's nowhere near as silly as SOA was. That show was cornball city in comparison, actually in general it was.

The tiny blond from the first episode is sexy. Yeah, it's a good show so far. I absolutely love Jon Voight as Mickey, his father. He's pure sin, and Voight has a way of channeling it into facial expressions that say more than dialogue ever could. 

Now, there are some aspects of the show that spin out far too many mellowdramas and put Ray at the center of fixing everything, sort of like Jax Teller in SOA, which makes it feel a bit corny at times, but it's nowhere near as silly as SOA was. That show was cornball city in comparison, actually in general it was.

Ray Donovan is the sh*t.  SOA was the sh*t.  You are sh*t. 

I watched Transformers: Age of the Funky Bunch last night.

I didn't think it was possible for this franchise to culminate in worse movies, but there's really no level of "ugh" that Michael Bay isn't capable of.

You managed to fit a screening of that 8-hour bore fest in one night?

Transformers 4 may be the worst Michael Bay movie ever and that says a lot. Proof positive that people don't know sh*t. That this is the 12th highest grossing movie ever is such a joke.

Those stats are skewed. It costs $10+ for a regular adult ticket at most movie theaters today than you have that 3D garbage which usually runs $20+ per ticket. 35 years ago when Star Wars came out the average ticket was $4.

Actually I watched it across 2 separate nights, lol

I'm not one of these losers on the Internet obsessed with hating Michael Bay because he's supposed to represent corporate Hollywood action movies - I actually like a lot of his work - but that last transformer movie holy cow that was a waste of 5-hours.