Movies We've Seen Thread

I haven't been able to read your movie posts in quite a while. It's like listening to the Grim Reaper give press conferences at a children's hospital.

I'll be introducing a new award here at JetNation called "The Sizzler." To win, a poster must drop a sick burn on someone without being mean-spirited. I was going to award your Mark Sanchez Tattoo post this week, but ^this beauty might be the one to undo it.

• Upvote 1

I'll be introducing a new award here at JetNation called "The Sizzler." To win, a poster must drop a sick burn on someone without being mean-spirited. I was going to award your Mark Sanchez Tattoo post this week, but ^this beauty might be the one to undo it.

Rules me out.

Carry on being the harbinger of the pussification of American, T0m.

• Upvote 1

I'm watching a movie called Plemya (the Tribe), basically has no dialogue, reminds me of that Italian reality-mafia film from a few years ago that made it into a TV series. In other words Plemya is pretty good. Set at a deaf school in some ex-Soviet country that is running drugs/prostitution out of it.

I never got two things about Meryl Streep:

- the hype about her acting. She's not the greatest living actress, I always find her a little hammy. Blanchett, Cruz, Kidman, Theron, Winslet, and the rising Eva Green are all actresses I like better.

- the idea that she wasn't hot/was plain looking in her prime. A brilliant marketing gimmick for her (pairing it with no nudity too), paid off big time as she got older, but way to steal Jodie Foster's or Juliane Moore's thunder.

Legends of the Fall was really overrated.  Comedy scenes of Anthony Hopkins grunting and looking like he sh*t himself for half the movie was the only thing holding that movie together.

Speaking of Hopkins....really besides Silence of the Lambs has that guy done anything good?  I don't get why people masturbate to his acting. 

Legends of the Fall was really overrated.  Comedy scenes of Anthony Hopkins grunting and looking like he sh*t himself for half the movie was the only thing holding that movie together.

Speaking of Hopkins....really besides Silence of the Lambs has that guy done anything good?  I don't get why people masturbate to his acting. 

It has been a looooong time, but I think the Lion in Winter was pretty good.

I never got two things about Meryl Streep:

- the hype about her acting. She's not the greatest living actress, I always find her a little hammy. Blanchett, Cruz, Kidman, Theron, Winslet, and the rising Eva Green are all actresses I like better.

- the idea that she wasn't hot/was plain looking in her prime. A brilliant marketing gimmick for her (pairing it with no nudity too), paid off big time as she got older, but way to steal Jodie Foster's or Juliane Moore's thunder.

She is a great actress her best work is from a long time ago however. Sophie's Choice and Bridges of Madison County - none of the actresses u mentioned could even come close to pulling it off with the exception of maybe Cate Blanchett. John Cazale discovered her.

Amistad and The Elephant Man come to mind. He's fantastic in both. I hate Amistad for so many reasons, but Hopkins is one of the few things about it that didn't throw me into a rage.

i know its not a cinematic masterpiece but he was good in thor.  but yea i think hes a tad overrated