Could this be more painful?

Maxman

Seriously? Could this lockout actually be more painful? Just unbearable.

Max i got a question. Goodell had made a comment that traffic to NFL.com and NFLshop.com has been down because of the lockout. I know here it seems that it has some what affected the number of posts, but what about traffic?

Max i got a question. Goodell had made a comment that traffic to NFL.com and NFLshop.com has been down because of the lockout. I know here it seems that it has some what affected the number of posts, but what about traffic?

Good question. It is definitely down but it is different here a bit. Posts overall are way down in the NFL forum but the Mafia forum makes up for it a bit in the offseason. During the season we usually get 1,000 posts a day, more during the playoffs. Yesterday there were 480 posts, which is a common offseason # when it is slow, like 500 posts per day.

Total unique visits aren't down that much which is weird. So it is like people check the front page, scan to see if the lockout is over and then leave. As a result page views are down though. In a playoff month we will have over 3 million page views in total here. Gonna be honest, I really don't have the heart to look that up right now. But I would say it is probably down big from that, like 50%. But compared to offseason #'s page views are probably down something like 25%.

But thanks to all those playing the mafia games...:D

Good question. It is definitely down but it is different here a bit. Posts overall are way down in the NFL forum but the Mafia forum makes up for it a bit in the offseason. During the season we usually get 1,000 posts a day, more during the playoffs. Yesterday there were 480 posts, which is a common offseason # when it is slow, like 500 posts per day.

Total unique visits aren't down that much which is weird. So it is like people check the front page, scan to see if the lockout is over and then leave. As a result page views are down though. In a playoff month we will have over 3 million page views in total here. Gonna be honest, I really don't have the heart to look that up right now. But I would say it is probably down big from that, like 50%. But compared to offseason #'s page views are probably down something like 25%.

..... and blackout for posting all those wonderful news articles.

..... and jif for hating tom shane.

You're welcome. :-P

As far as the unique visits, my guess on that is the difference is that people are still coming to the site as they would otherwise, but with so little going on they don't really find much to get involved in with a discussion and go on their merry way. I know there's been times in recent weeks where I'll check back in after a few hours go by and there will be little to no new posts, so there isn't even any of the normal thread-scouring to do, nevermind actually posting. I'll tell you what though, the second FA hits this place is going to absolutely blow up... and it's going to be fun.

You're welcome. :-P

As far as the unique visits, my guess on that is the difference is that people are still coming to the site as they would otherwise, but with so little going on they don't really find much to get involved in with a discussion and go on their merry way. I know there's been times in recent weeks where I'll check back in after a few hours go by and there will be little to no new posts, so there isn't even any of the normal thread-scouring to do, nevermind actually posting. I'll tell you what though, the second FA hits this place is going to absolutely blow up... and it's going to be fun.

I agree, we get this report every day thanks to the mastermind Mr. Beans. It is emailed to me and it shows how many unique visits the server got on the previous day. This week two of the days back to back were over 5,000 and 7,000. Unfortunately they all left disappointed when there was no article entitled, "Lockout is over bitches". :D

Seriously? Could this lockout actually be more painful? Just unbearable.

tbh...this is nothing...although I'll miss the jets come the fall...in my history with the jets...this barely is a sniffle...how about going 3-13 and telling your friends at least it could not get any worse and then we fall to 1-15...or to change sports...how about when mlb decided they would cancel the world series...ahhh ****em.

Billionaires arguing with millionaires and many of my friends are out of work...

I say f-em...kill the golden goose...karma is a bitch.

and yes, I understand we are on the cusp of greatness

Archived