Plaxico Burress will sign with the N.Y. Jets

F.Chowds

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that hasn't really come up yet. How are the Giants fans feeling about this? I wonder if they wanted him back, or if they basically said screw him, or if it's divided down the middle. I think I'll take a peek on giantsnation.com or whatever the hell it is.

Also, Sanchez had an issue last year with throwing high. This could solve it!

One thing that hasn't really come up yet. How are the Giants fans feeling about this? I wonder if they wanted him back, or if they basically said screw him, or if it's divided down the middle. I think I'll take a peek on giantsnation.com or whatever the hell it is.

Who the hell cares what the Giants fans think.

the Eagles have what ESPN is calling the best defensive secondary in the history of history......I'm sure the Giants would love to have Plaxico for additional help even though they already are loaded at WR

It's worth the risk.

If Braylon walked, it was likely that either Randy Moss or Plaxico Burress would end up a Jet. Moss would likely be more expensive, and I would rather take a chance on the unknown. I watched Randy Moss play last season. I already know that he sucks at football. I can't say that with Plaxico Burress. At the very least, he'll be able to catch jumpballs and won't be alligator arming the **** out of everything thrown in traffic.

$3 million ain't sh*t. This is a great deal.

That's funny because I've seen him in person and I thought he looked like a skinny little punk and not particularly tall and I am only 5'9". He was kind of slouchy though and to his credit soft spoken and calm.

I think it can be hard to judge height. Shawn Merriman is listed at 6'5 I think but he never looked that big to me. People I think tend to misjudge height to a sort of average, generally if people are tall but not giants they think they're shorter, and if they're short but not midgets they appear taller to them. Shaq of course is going to be huge, but a Burress or a Merriman may not be to most people.

Hopefully Plax will tear his hamstring in preseason from being so out of shape and never catch a pass for the jets.

What? Why the **** would you hope for that? Why wouldnt you hope for him to be the best WR in Football? :blink:

If Mike Williams can comeback from being a 300 pound fat man out of the league for 4 seasons and have a great year in Seattle...Plexico should be fine.

What? Why the **** would you hope for that? Why wouldnt you hope for him to be the best WR in Football? :blink:

If Mike Williams can comeback from being a 300 pound fat man out of the league for 4 seasons and have a great year in Seattle...Plexico should be fine.

Because I've never liked the guy, plain and simple. I didn't want him either. And because we downgraded at wr and you know it. What a joke, give up Braylon for this over the hill turd. I also know he wont be the best wr in the league, so I dont hope for miracles.

Because I've never liked the guy, plain and simple. I didn't want him either. And because we downgraded at wr and you know it. What a joke, give up Braylon for this over the hill turd. I also know he wont be the best wr in the league, so I dont hope for miracles.

So you can't just hope that he play well and help your team? You can assume that he's over the hill (So do I) but you don't know that he is until you see it. Last time he was playing in this league he was a damn good WR, one of the very best. I'm not a huge fan of him personally, but while you're wishing for injuries, I'll be rooting for TD's.

Hell, if you can bring yourself to root for Sanchez, we should all be able to root for Plaxico.

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta

Plaxico Burress says that Rex Ryan left him a couple messages, but the two of them didn't speak before he agreed to terms with #jets.

19 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

Jenny Vrentas

JennyVrentas Jenny Vrentas

Burress didn't speak with Rex before picking NYJ: "I didn’t need to talk to him to know what kind of situation I was getting into." #nyj

LOL@ the trolls who said "no one" wanted to play for Rex, he turned down a larger offer from NYG and didn't even have to set up a meeting to accept the deal.

I just don't hate this move, despite the fact that I think Plaxico is an idiot and a malcontent.

Fact is that he just got out of jail, and he's got a one year contract hoping for more, so I'm thinking he's not going to be too much of either this year. Even if he was going to have difficulty escaping his true nature, I think Rex is the right coach for him - and he seems to think so, too. On the jints, it was probably quietly popular to be disrespectful to Coughlin. That's not the case here. He won't have anyone backing him up if/when he's being a dick to Rex. I think he'll show up on time to meetings with the Jets. He'll go with the flow, not against it. Failure to get along with Rex would be a major red flag for any other team looking to sign him in 2012. He's gonna be a good boy here.

I also think he should be in excellent shape. What else has he had to do the last two years besides work out and dream about getting back into the NFL? He didn't get any shorter in there.

He's got six weeks before the opener to get back into football shape. Then he has months of regular season games to hone his skills and help the team's playoff push. I think he's an asset who's going to demand attention on the other side of Holmes. Maybe score some TD's. That's all he really needs to be.

Plax for CBPOY.

So what's the depth chart on pass catchers now? I'm still in baseball season. I'm thinking:

Holmes

Cotchery

Keller

Burress

McKnight 2010

Kerley

Possibly Connor

McKnight 2011

Maybe another TE talent? A Zach Miller/Kevin boss or maybe someone cheaper like Leonard Pope.

Archived