DeSean Jackson

visajets

Ok call me crazy but hes holding out in Philly, Tanne is sitting on aproxiametly 10-12 million in cap space. Could there be a possibility a deal could be in the works? Discuss

Anything is possible but this is highly unlikely. Thats not to say Tanny is not checking out other possibilities but you have to figure after all the money the Eagles spent they would not let their explosive WR go. They are all in..... they will get him taken care of in some way.

Anything is possible but this is highly unlikely. Thats not to say Tanny is not checking out other possibilities but you have to figure after all the money the Eagles spent they would not let their explosive WR go. They are all in..... they will get him taken care of in some way.

Problem is they spent all that money and now dont have the money to pay DeSean Jackson what he demands.

Problem is they spent all that money and now dont have the money to pay DeSean Jackson what he demands.

They dont have to pay Desean if he continues to hold out he will lose another year plus 30 k per day . he has to come back and hope they fix him up next year if he does not then hes going to screw both the team and himself .

They dont have to pay Desean if he continues to hold out he will lose another year plus 30 k per day . he has to come back and hope they fix him up next year if he does not then hes going to screw both the team and himself .

So theres no chance he holds out and Philly decides the distraction isnt what they want going on and trade him?

The Jets don't care this much about the WR position. They have Holmes under contract, a promising rookie in Kerley, and will fill the other positions with cast-offs and mercenaries as they see fit. Jets may make a trade or two, but I wouldn't be expecting any blockbusters like this.

They'll carry some money as a rainy day fund (in case of emergency, sign TO or Moss), and if it doesn't get spent adding players they'll spend it on existing players to free up additional money under next year's cap.

Ok call me crazy but hes holding out in Philly, Tanne is sitting on aproxiametly 10-12 million in cap space. Could there be a possibility a deal could be in the works? Discuss

Your obviously delusional. Could you be certifiable? Discuss.

So are the NYJETS and they chose to do it without many stars from last year.

Is that really your answer?

Jackson is a 24 year old budding superstar with no stupid drunken incidents that I'm aware of. He's not going anywhere. It's nice to dream and all, but he'll be in the Eagles' camp next week.

Just a discussion nothing more than that. Alot of money in cap space for us just wondering thats all. No need to hate.

LOL, not hating.

The Eagles have Desean locked in for 2 more years. He's gonna be taxed $30K per day. He has no leverage.

Jackson will report at the latest August 9th (or around then) because if not then this season will not count to a year played and toward free agency. The Eagles know that so he has little leverage to hold out but should absolutely work out a contract before the end of the season unless they're planning on franchising him.

NBC Philadelphia's Howard Eskin reports DeSean Jackson will "absolutely, positively" report to Eagles' training camp on Monday.

Jackson has to report by Tuesday if he doesn't want to risk losing an "accrued year" toward free agency, while the Eagles have said they would not negotiate a new deal until he reported. In other words, there's little incentive for him to continue his holdout beyond this weekend. Source: Howard Eskin on Twitter Aug 6, 1:22 PM

NBC Philadelphia's Howard Eskin reports DeSean Jackson will "absolutely, positively" report to Eagles' training camp on Monday.

Jackson has to report by Tuesday if he doesn't want to risk losing an "accrued year" toward free agency, while the Eagles have said they would not negotiate a new deal until he reported. In other words, there's little incentive for him to continue his holdout beyond this weekend. Source: Howard Eskin on Twitter Aug 6, 1:22 PM

Makes perfect sense.

The Jets don't care this much about the WR position. They have Holmes under contract, a promising rookie in Kerley, and will fill the other positions with cast-offs and mercenaries as they see fit. Jets may make a trade or two, but I wouldn't be expecting any blockbusters like this.

They'll carry some money as a rainy day fund (in case of emergency, sign TO or Moss), and if it doesn't get spent adding players they'll spend it on existing players to free up additional money under next year's cap.

I haven't seen much about this but also think about the Tom Moore reference here. The Colts have had a top receiver, a top tight end and a HOF QB. But my point is they never broke the bank to pay 4 WRs. The Jets apparently are subscribing to the same philosophy.

I haven't seen much about this but also think about the Tom Moore reference here. The Colts have had a top receiver, a top tight end and a HOF QB. But my point is they never broke the bank to pay 4 WRs. The Jets apparently are subscribing to the same philosophy.

This makes perfect sense. It puts alot into perspective when thinking about this decision. Tom Moore consulting at work. I still think Tanne is looking for another player for the defensive side of the ball though.

This makes perfect sense. It puts alot into perspective when thinking about this decision. Tom Moore consulting at work. I still think Tanne is looking for another player for the defensive side of the ball though.

It really makes no sense, as they have Peyton Manning throwing the football.

All that said, I do not value the receiver position, especially no's 3 and 4 very highly. You can get by with young talent in those positions.

he's reporting to the eagles monday

I've read the jets are at the cap, don't know where this idea is coming from that they are 8 mill under

let the media crown the eagles or pats*, I really don't care

you can't get LT or farvuh every off season. sometimes the young guys have to step up

Archived