Jets Sign Aaron Maybin: MERGED

F.Chowds

God I hate reading PFT these days. I swear that website is where Jets haters go to die. If the mighty Bill Belicheck had made this move you would be hearing echoes of "genius" and " he done it again, watch Maybin turn Probowler". But since its the Jets its all negativity.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not the player he was at Penn State. I live in Rochester which is Bills territory. For 2 years all I've heard is what a monumental bust he is. It's Gholston 2.0.

This notion that Rex can turn busts into players is cute but not based in reality. What bust has he turned around? Carrie, Vernon, Vlad?

Gholston played better under Rex. He still sucked but got better. Maybin has speed off the edge tho and Ghost never did. Rex could just put Maybin in on a twist to help rush the passer with Wilson, Smith etc.

Gholston was fast around the edge in college too. 228 is crazy. What did he weigh in college? If he just packed weight on for the combine he might be done, if there is some other issue - thyroid, wrong drugs, maybe he could pack some weight on and be of some value at some point. I find it hard to believe the Bills didn't try to fatten him up, but the GMs comments make it seem like he's not ready to even take Maybin's word for why the weight is so low.

Gholston played better under Rex. He still sucked but got better. Maybin has speed off the edge tho and Ghost never did. Rex could just put Maybin in on a twist to help rush the passer with Wilson, Smith etc.

I just don't see the wisdom in spending money on a reclamation project when the Vladador just took out 2 OL in one fell swoop. Neither he or Turner can play in a real game any time soon. I think you have to focus your resources on getting that sitchiation taken care of.

Bullsh*t. Who would make you happy? Brian Urlacher or Clay Matthews. We have to hope to find a diamond in the rough not alot to pick from out there. Geez

Agreed. If I remember correctly last year, the Bills are the dumbasses that cut their best young QB in Trent Edwards, and a good young runningback in Marshawn Lynch. Didnt they get rid of Lee Evans a promising wr this season or flirt with the ideah? They cut good players people. Theyre a cheap organization that prefers to get by on cheap undrafted players to avoid paying probowlers. Theyre front office dont know sh*t about how to build a team, or coach up talent. Rex could make Maybin a pass rusher I honestly believe that. B)

He's not the player he was at Penn State. I live in Rochester which is Bills territory. For 2 years all I've heard is what a monumental bust he is. It's Gholston 2.0.

This notion that Rex can turn busts into players is cute but not based in reality. What bust has he turned around? Carrie, Vernon, Vlad?

This is exactly right. Rex reclamations???? Who has he ever turned into a good player.

And I hope the person who said gholston wasn't serious.

Agreed. If I remember correctly last year, the Bills are the dumbasses that cut their best young QB in Trent Edwards, and a good young runningback in Marshawn Lynch. Didnt they get rid of Lee Evans a promising wr this season or flirt with the ideah? They cut good players people. Theyre a cheap organization that prefers to get by on cheap undrafted players to avoid paying probowlers. Theyre front office dont know sh*t about how to build a team, or coach up talent. Rex could make Maybin a pass rusher I honestly believe that. B)

Trent Edwards is a hot mess, Marshawn has 1 good run in the last 2 years, and Lee Evans is the most overrated WR in the last decade.

They are a cheap organization but none of the moves above can be held against them. Plus they have a new GM as of last year (buddy nix) that was with San Diego before the Bills. They may suck but they do have a plan and are looking ok this year.

They took a gamble on Merriweather late last year which may pay dividends. He's had a strong camp.

...the Bills are the dumbasses that cut their best young QB in Trent Edwards

Edwards' brain has been scrambled ten times over into pure mush. He's barely making it as a backup in Oakland right now after getting beat out by Ryan Fitzpatrick and eventually even by Brian "I make Chad Pennington's arm look like a rocket launcher" Brohm. After which he quarterbacked Jacksonville to 5 losses and a QB rating of something like 50; only to be picked up after that by Al Davis for the right to compete with Kyle Boller. I'd say Buffalo got that one right.

Suggs is the player Rex is often credited with improving

The best player that Rex has molded from nothing is Bart Scott. Along with Jarrett Johnson, Gregg, and Leonard. He has a history of developing late-round picks and UDFA's into good players over time. He's a good coach and that's what good coaches do. He's not a miracle worker. Suggs was one of the best pass rushers in the history of college ball and a beast of a prospect, he didn't have to do much.

I just don't see the wisdom in spending money on a reclamation project when the Vladador just took out 2 OL in one fell swoop. Neither he or Turner can play in a real game any time soon. I think you have to focus your resources on getting that sitchiation taken care of.

It's not money. I'm sure they offered him a small one year deal. That's why he cleared waivers. Nobody was going to pay him his Bills salary.

Lee Evans is 30 years old. When you are 30 you are not promising. You are either established or washed up. If Rex can make people a pass rusher then why has he failed with the guys we've had? We have had some good size speed guys that he could have coached up and never got anywhere. A guy like Marques Murrell had more ability than Maybin has shown in the pros and Rex got zero from him. As for using Maybin as a tweener S, we already have Smith. If that's what they want they should have just kept 'dig.

This is exactly right. Rex reclamations???? Who has he ever turned into a good player.

And I hope the person who said gholston wasn't serious.

I say Pouha. Pouha looked like sh*t under Mangini. He must have shown something though because the team extended him.

Bullsh*t. Who would make you happy? Brian Urlacher or Clay Matthews. We have to hope to find a diamond in the rough not alot to pick from out there. Geez

Haha... your pissed when we add proven players like Plaxico and Mason... and geeked up over Maybin. LOL

I remember reading awhile ago on a Bills forum that the guy routinely shied away from contact on special teams. He blew himself up to 256 for the combine and just melted away. Remember D'Brick had trouble keeping his weight up during his rookie year but he figured it out. Want nothing to do with this kid.

The Bills GM made a statement recently that the only way Maybin would have a chance would be at safety. Just not big or strong enough.

A Safety that runs a 4.8 and is stiffer then a priest's cock at Chucky Cheese? It's bad enough watching Smith and Leonard trying to cover TEs and RBs and they run 4.5/4.6.

A Safety that runs a 4.8 and is stiffer then a priest's cock at Chucky Cheese? It's bad enough watching Smith and Leonard trying to cover TEs and RBs and they run 4.5/4.6.

You really should drink more White Russian's and layoff the Jack. :D

Archived