If you don't think Steriods work...

madmikeisback

Right. It has nothing to do with the fact that Posada spent the majority of his career as a catcher or the fact that Jorge is 4 years older than him. I'm sure none of that has any bearing.

By the way, we still have no idea what Ortiz tested positive for but just that is was a banned substance.

Right. It has nothing to do with the fact that Posada spent the majority of his career as a catcher or the fact that Jorge is 4 years older than him. I'm sure none of that has any bearing.

By the way, we still have no idea what Ortiz tested positive for but just that is was a banned substance.

19-05-01%5B1%5D.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Really who knows? And who cares?

If you're David Arias and you're facing heading back to the DR to be a waiter in a resort or a bus driver or cutting sugar cane, you take the needle.Only prolbem I have is some players get kid gloves treatment and others become pariahs. Grant you that part of it is that Ortiz apparently is a nice guy and A-rod is a strange dude.

Joe Dimaggio, Ted Williams and damn near everyone else who played baseball from 1910 until 2 years ago took greenies. Look at the death march August and Spetember is for older players since they stopped that. It's not a coincidence that Posada pushing 40 is cooked by August.

You're too good.

Posada is declining like most clean players do and Ortiz is slugging 555. The juice works.

Posada is declining because catchers decline much faster than other every day players and he is almost 40 years old. Ortiz is 4 years younger and doesn't have the wear and tear on his body of a fielder. Plus he didn't eve really get his career going until he was 27 or 28, so he'll probably be productive longer than most players on average would.

Lance Berkman is the same age and slugging higher.

Paul Konerko is also 35 and slugging very close behind.

It's not like Ortiz is the only one.

Posada is declining because catchers decline much faster than other every day players and he is almost 40 years old. Ortiz is 4 years younger and doesn't have the wear and tear on his body of a fielder. Plus he didn't eve really get his career going until he was 27 or 28, so he'll probably be productive longer than most players on average would.

Lance Berkman is the same age and slugging higher.

Paul Konerko is also 35 and slugging very close behind.

It's not like Ortiz is the only one.

When he started drinking mysterious milkshakes in the D.R. during winter ball. :rolleyes:

david-ortiz-arias.jpg

Vs

jorge%20posada.jpg

Ortiz is the same guy with a thick neck and big head. Only difference he is fatter.

Jorge has some well defined traps and he is clean? Ok.

No one was clean. They all took something.

Ortiz is the same guy with a thick neck and big head. Only difference he is fatter.

Jorge has some well defined traps and he is clean? Ok.

No one was clean. They all took something.

This is just you trying to blur the lines. Posada never had unrealistic power surges in his career like another ugly bastard I can think of and most importantly, he's never failed a test.

This is just you trying to blur the lines. Posada never had unrealistic power surges in his career like another ugly bastard I can think of and most importantly, he's never failed a test.

In fact, Posada's been remarkably consistent. His home run high was 30 right during his prime and he usually hit around 25 so it's not like that was some big boost or anything.

Its not like a guy who averaged about 175 Ks a year suddenly striking out more than 300 two years in a row then having a couple of injury plagued years and suddenly bouncing back with 300+ strike out years in his mid-30s. :rolleyes:

Posada was delayed to the majors because of ijury, change of position and because the Yankees had Girardi and to a lesser degree Leyrtiz in front of him. But his power numbers are ...impressive. The line is blurred because to some degree or other they probably did all use, and it's now in WGAF territory.

Andy Pettitte,as close as there is to the personafication of the All American Boy, used. After that, it's no surprise that anyone might have, if only for a time, used.

Really who knows? And who cares?

If you're David Arias and you're facing heading back to the DR to be a waiter in a resort or a bus driver or cutting sugar cane, you take the needle.Only prolbem I have is some players get kid gloves treatment and others become pariahs. Grant you that part of it is that Ortiz apparently is a nice guy and A-rod is a strange dude.

Joe Dimaggio, Ted Williams and damn near everyone else who played baseball from 1910 until 2 years ago took greenies. Look at the death march August and Spetember is for older players since they stopped that. It's not a coincidence that Posada pushing 40 is cooked by August.

Good post and I agree, but Posada looked cooked in April.

So everyone who does roids is an a$$? I think you're being too harsh but I can see where you're coming from. I was sad when I learned that Manny and Papi tested positive, but so many others did that it makes me blame MLB more than the players.

Arod is an a$$ for way more than him doing roids. I just made this thread to compare the careers of one player who did roids and one who didn't and how their careers wind down.

Arod is an a$$ for way more than him doing roids. I just made this thread to compare the careers of one player who did roids and one who didn't and how their careers wind down.

Seems kind if pointless since there are non PED users that are doing better than Ortiz at the same age. And then there are steroid users like A Rod who are struggling mightily to stay healthy and still produce. So it just comes off as petty.

And also the comparison of a DH and a catcher is just silly.

So everyone who does roids is an a$$? I think you're being too harsh but I can see where you're coming from. I was sad when I learned that Manny and Papi tested positive, but so many others did that it makes me blame MLB more than the players.

MLB is to blame. The players association is to blame. Oh and the media needs to bear more responsibilty as well. All these writers/hall of fame voters who are so holier than thou nowadays were more than happy to write about the home run chase in '98 and deify guys like McGwire, now they suddenly grow a conscience?

Bud Selig is to me the single biggest villian. He juiced the ball after the strike and turned a blind eye to players juicing as long as it led to packed stadiums and higher TV ratings and then the second it went bad and people started getting upset about 'roids he turncoated on the players and set that assclown George Mitchell off on his keystone cops investigation that really didn't reveal anything people didn't already know.

Worst commissioner in baseball history.

Archived