Sacks Allowed by o-lineman this year

Maxman

STARTING OFFENSIVE LINEMEN (SACKS ALLOWED)

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson -- 9.50

RT Wayne Hunter -- 8.50

C Nick Mangold -- 3.00

LG Matt Slauson -- 2.50

RG Brandon Moore -- 1.00

OTHERS

TE Matthew Mulligan -- 3.00

TE Dustin Keller -- 1.00

WR Patrick Turner --1.00

OL Vladimir Ducasse -- 0.50

RB Shonn Greene -- 0.50

As per Cimini: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/10249/who-gave-up-the-most-sacks

Brick did not have a good year - no so called Pro Bowl year for sure.

Mulligan wiffs are legendary

Yeah, Brick undoubtedly had himself a really crappy year. It was clear when watching the games and this only confirms that. For a freakin' backup TE, who is supposed to be a blocking TE no less, to be responsible for 3 sacks is freakin' hilarious / pathetic.

How did Moore allow a sack when he didnt allow a qb hit? Did Sanchez run out of bounds behind the line...

@ProFootbalFocusProFootballFocus.com

Jets Brandon Moore is the only starting guard in the league not to allow his QB to hit the ground once (sacked or knocked down)

27 Dec via TweetDeck

https://twitter.com/...786793451274240

It probably just comes down to a disagreement between ESPN and PFF as to who was responsible for the play in question. Either way, pretty damn impressive especially considering his slow start to the season due to his injury.

It probably just comes down to a disagreement between ESPN and PFF as to who was responsible for the play in question. Either way, pretty damn impressive especially considering his slow start to the season due to his injury.

Moore was definitely a huge surprise following hip surgery. That is a mutha of an injury and tough rehab. I really thought he was done based on his early play, but he came though like a champ. We need to draft for the future, but not an immediate replacement -- unless of course the cap genius screws this up too.

I'm not sure that sacks count as QB hits. I noticed when I went to a box score to check what Maybin had done in a game that he had a sack, and 0 QB hits. i was surprised

I thought that at first too, but if you look at the tweet he posted, it says Moore didn't allow either a hit or sack. Sacks for OL are one of those things that are always a little tough, because you don't necessarily know what the assignments on the play were, especially when a player ends up coming through unblocked, so I'm guessing it's just a difference in opinion over who was responsible for the one play that Moore is getting blamed for a sack on in the OP.

I think the numbers came from Stats, which is the official numbers for the NFL. But yeah it comes from a disagreement. I think PFF was wrong in this case because I clearly remember a game where Moore was either late or failed to block someone (maybe the Raider game?) and the guy murdered Sanchez. Thats why I as stunned to see PFFs stat that he never gave up a hit. My guess was, when they reviewed the play, they felt that it was not Moore's responsibility and Hunter should have slid to block.

And yeah Brick stunk this season. He was a negative in alot of games this year. Goes to show why the Pro Bowl is so meaningless sometimes.

When i saw the original article my immediate thought was to all the times that huntard whiffed and sanchez had to dodge or step up in the pocket to avoid Huntards man only to run right into slausson or bricks man. if they had pressures caused i am sure that huntard would set a record. the dood is a ******* waste...**** him in his a$$...

These numbers have to be somewhat messed up. The trouble with the interior guys is that the sacks don't necessarily come from physical beatings. They come from being late to pass a guy off and pick up a blitz. I don't remember Vlad being steamrolled in the regular season, but there were at least a couple of plays where he was late stepping out. Same with Moore. There were about 3 of his I can remember. They were VERY poor at picking up delayed blitzes this season.

As usual, I think everybody is being too hard on Mulligan. My problem with him is the penalties. I think he gave up his sacks when asked to block an edge rusher with no help. They tried that for a few weeks to take the pressure off of Hunter who was having an extremely hard time. I put those more on the coaching than the player. I think his run blocking was fine. They need competition for him, but I don't think they even need a definitive upgrade. Let them compete in preseason and if MUlligan keeps jumping he's gone.

If you go NFL. com, there are separate stats. That is why I said in another post Sanchez was hit a total 110 times this year (Sacks and hits) vs. 80 times last year.

Here is the definition of a sack and why it is different than a hit. The hit can be any time the QB is knocked to the ground without the ball and a sack occurs when the QB is tackled behind the line of scrimmage with the ball before he can throw a forward pass, or when the quarterback is tackled behind the line of scrimmage in the "pocket" and the intent of what he was going to do is unclear.

In other words, they are 2 different stats.

Archived