Closing Act

JFtoLong

It's time to end the circus.

This organization needs to realize that winning must be first, second and third.

That is what will make money, not a circus.

Rex came in and was the perfect change after a dull boring Mangini. He came in and from day one talked big, and the fans ate it up.

"The league better be on alert because the Jets are coming, and you can't handle it."

"You take out one of ours, we take out two of yours"

And on and on and on.

We had a very talented roster, and Rex was able to light a flame under it for a season or two. We had a ton of good fortune go our way in year one and two, which mislead the organization and the fan base into thinking we had something we did not have.

Rex is not sustainable, he is way too explosive. But as quickly as he lit up, is as quickly as he has faded out.

This organization has deep routed problems, and it's time to close the circus once and for all, and become a football organization.

What does that mean? First and foremost, we need a true leader of this franchise. Whether it be a HC who can lead, or a GM who can lead, we have a complete and utter lack of leadership.

Woody needs to keep his idiotic nose out of the operations side of things, and write checks. Get a true football guy, and let him lead the franchise.

Until we close the circus, and get in a real football guy, we are doomed.

Watching this team for so long tells me one sure thing-it will never happen-Woody will never do what is supposed to be done, what NEEDS to be done, and that is to fire Tannenbaum first and foremost and Then allow the new GM (hopefully a REAL and credible football man) to do what he thinks is best, even if that means firing the HC and all of the Asst's...what WILL happen is he will go for the half-assed easy way out and mark my words you guys, the next head coach of the New York Jets will be Tony Sparano...

Watching this team for so long tells me one sure thing-it will never happen-Woody will never do what is supposed to be done, what NEEDS to be done, and that is to fire Tannenbaum first and foremost and Then allow the new GM (hopefully a REAL and credible football man) to do what he thinks is best, even if that means firing the HC and all of the Asst's...what WILL happen is he will go for the half-assed easy way out and mark my words you guys, the next head coach of the New York Jets will be Tony Sparano...

Jimmy, if that happens that is when I jump ship, not just the SS Jets but the NFL, period.

Jimmy, if that happens that is when I jump ship, not just the SS Jets but the NFL, period.

had it not been for my wife it would have been the year for me Al. I didn't WANT the DTV Sunday Ticket-she did...i would have been just as happy NOT watching anymore football on Sundays...I have already given up on basketball and baseball and figured it's time to dump the one other sport

If we dump Rex for Sporano, I will root for whoever Rex coaches next.

I KNOW this team, that IS what's gonna happen...the Jets are lazy-they went and took the first guy who would take the OC job without doing their due dilligence ON that choice. What everybody thought what was going to happen was Tony would bring in another guy (who I forget the name of) and they would work in tandem to run the offense but that other guy went somewhere else-anybody recall WHO that guy was that was supposed to be Sparano's partner?

I KNOW this team, that IS what's gonna happen...the Jets are lazy-they went and took the first guy who would take the OC job without doing their due dilligence ON that choice. What everybody thought what was going to happen was Tony would bring in another guy (who I forget the name of) and they would work in tandem to run the offense but that other guy went somewhere else-anybody recall WHO that guy was that was supposed to be Sparano's partner?

I've just about had it after 50 years too. Sparano would be the last straw for me.

The only hope is that Tannenbaum loses his Teflon coating, gets fired and is replaced by a true football guy with full authority. If Tannenbaum stays, he'll throw Rex under the bus and promote Sparano.

Was the guy you're thnking of Dan Henning or Cam Cameron?

I've just about had it after 50 years too. Sparano would be the last straw for me.

The only hope is that Tannenbaum loses his Teflon coating, gets fired and is replaced by a true football guy with full authority. If Tannenbaum stays, he'll throw Rex under the bus and promote Sparano.

Was the guy you're thnking of Dan Henning or Cam Cameron?

You give me hope that I wont have a heart attack or claw my eyes out for being a life long Jets fan. Thank you!

Todd Haley. Big swing and a miss there. He's a screamy redass who doesn't hesitate to throw people under the bus. He might have single-handedly broken Sanchez.

Todd Haley. Big swing and a miss there. He's a screamy redass who doesn't hesitate to throw people under the bus. He might have single-handedly broken Sanchez.

The whole ho-ho-co-coordinator thing was such a joke to begin with. Two guys to run an offense because the HC really just is that inept on the most important side of the ball. That should have been taken as the beginning of the end right there.

Tebow is a move based on economics one way or the other. This was a move pushed for by Woody. And i think this year he hurt us.

Because if we had a legit backup QB he would be on the field right now and maybe we have a chance at making a run for the playoffs!

What makes you think Tebow can't do what he did with Denver?

Denver had a whole different line scheme of blocking that fit Tebow better. Tebow actually was able to run the ball with the Broncos and that gave defenses some pause to think. Tebow had a game breaking WR with the Broncos that the Jets do not have.

Tebow has not run with the jets, and teams do not respect that aspect of the game, like they did with the Broncos.

Bad fit.

You'll never know unless you try. With Sanchex we are failry certain that the season is toast though an argument could be made to wait and see if Sanchex can turn it around and if not be done iwth him in the offseason. Then you could run Tebow for a year to see if he can develop as a more traditinoal QB.

You'll never know unless you try. With Sanchex we are failry certain that the season is toast though an argument could be made to wait and see if Sanchex can turn it around and if not be done iwth him in the offseason. Then you could run Tebow for a year to see if he can develop as a more traditinoal QB.

Let's not waste any more time. This team needs a new QB to start next year. That QB is not on the roster today.

Let's not waste any more time. This team needs a new QB to start next year. That QB is not on the roster today.

I cant support that, I am all for giving Tebow a chance if Mark is set aside. I would like to see if he can develop into something. He showed flashes of excellence last year. Some of his stuff was incredible.

That QB is not in the draft either. Smith will not be a franchise type player, he's a far cry from RGIII. Klein is the only one that has a remote chance of being a long-term NFL QB, but he is not a day one starter.

From there, you have to sift through the leftovers that are out there. Perhaps San Diego parts ways with Turner and tries to trade Rivers, but not likely. Some say Flynn could be the guy, but after his old OC took a pass, and then a rookie beats him out for the starting job, I doubt he is the answer. Going after backups is a risky proposition anyway. Could be the next Matt Schaub, but more likely the next Kevin Kolb.

In my opinion, the best backups out there are Matt Moore, Jason Cambell, and Kyle Orton. No way in hell are any of those three slam dunk starters. The draft is really weak at QB, and next year may not be any better. The Jets are screwed. Time to clean house, starting at the top (GM). Rebuild the defense. Revamp the O-line. Bring in a few playmaker prospects. And in three years, draft a franchise QB.

We are not in a "Suck for Luck" situation. We are in a "Tears for Years" scenario. We should be looking at the top High School QBs coming out this year, and hope one of them is the next big thing. Until then...bottoms up my friends! It's gonna be a long ride!

:cheers:

I have said this before and I will say it again. Because he is no longer a novelty act. His success in Denver was based on the run option play and the defenses ability to not be able to defend. And he could throw deep with fair consistency.

Well the defenses eventually figured out how to defend the run option play. There is no novelty to that now. He was on trick pony that cannot perform that trick with any success. That's why you see the TwoYardTebow that we have seen here all season.

His intermediate and short stuff was horrible and so far from what we have seen in limited pre-season action its not improved.

The read option that Denver ran last year was a fraction of what Tim did at Florida. This isn't me saying this, Urban Meyer who knows a little something about spread offenses, commented on how the Broncos were misusing Tim's abilities. There were almost no attempts at screen passes once Moreno went down. The WRs had a lot of potential and very little experience. Dropped passes were not unusual. When asked why Tim was better in College, Percy Harvin commented something to the effect that he caught the ball. There was almost no use of the TEs. Tim used Ingraham and Hernadez to great effect at UF. Of course Hernadez is better than the TEs Tim had to work with. The Denver play calling consisted of run, run, throw deep, punt or worse run, run, run, punt. Tim was told not to turn over the ball so he was unwilling to take almost any chances and frequently threw the ball away. Late in the game, Tim was finally allowed to throw on a down other than third and did much better. Remember Elway said "pull the trigger" before the Steeler game and Tim threw for 316 yard breaking multiple NFL records including fewest number of passes to 300 yards in NFL history. Through the season Tim was 4th for yards per completion aand 4th in the whole NFL for yards per carry in the rushing game. The Bronco rushing attack went from 23rd when Tim started to Number one. And though the defense did play really great in many of Tim's game, they ended the year ranked 20th and were

28th in TOs meaning Tim rarely started with a short field.

This is not to say that there are not many areas that Tim needs to improve on. The number of three and outs was definately unaccetable. He sometimes misses easy threws. He also needs to improve reading defenses and to take more chances. But remember he is on his third HC, his Third offense and has had no first team reps in TC. Finally he has started a grand total of 16 games. I see other young QBs get a chance to make mistakes. Fans roll their eyes and say they will learn. It seems that Tim is held to a really high standard and it is assumed that he can't learn or improve. I wonder why that is. COuld it be that there are a lot of experts who will look very foolish if Tim succeeds.

I've never bought the Novelty Act argument. It's not like these guys aren't professionals, that the defenses don't practice, don't have tape, didn't see it in high school or college, or against players like Newton. The biggest arguments against Tebow, outside of the inconsistent throwing, is that he is unlikely to stay healthy during a whole season playing the way that he does, and, he will likely have a short career because of the punishment on his body. I'm all for rolling with Tebow or trading him somewhere that will use him. I am very interested to see if he can live up to his own standards and improve the consistency o his throwing. If he does watch out, he could be one dangerous dude.

Archived