Debunking the "Same Old Jets" Myths

stoicsentry

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But even if he is horrible, would you leave yourself without a backup qb for the game?

Idiotic

Tebow was dressed for the previous game with more freshly broken ribs. My guess is they felt he could play of he had to, and that maybe they were concerned that activating McElroy would alert the Pats to the fact that Tebow's listed injury was pretty bad - leading them to not prepare as much for the wildcat. The Jets feel that forcing teams to prepare for two QBs gives them an edge. I don't necessarily agree, but that combined with McElroy actually being a worse QB than Sanchez or Tebow probably led to the decision.

On the list of things wrong with the Jets, this one would probably get buried on page five. Maybe just before the captain thing.

Tebow was dressed for the previous game with more freshly broken ribs. My guess is they felt he could play of he had to, and that maybe they were concerned that activating McElroy would alert the Pats to the fact that Tebow's listed injury was pretty bad - leading them to not prepare as much for the wildcat. The Jets feel that forcing teams to prepare for two QBs gives them an edge. I don't necessarily agree, but that combined with McElroy actually being a worse QB than Sanchez or Tebow probably led to the decision.

On the list of things wrong with the Jets, this one would probably get buried on page five. Maybe just before the captain thing.

1.You announce your "actives", the day of the game. How much planning were the Patriots going to devolve?

2. You give Rex too much credit, like he actually would care what another opponent thinks or plans.

So, not having a viable back-up qb going into a game with team ;leading your division is ok with you? You think that is a smart approach?

If the record were bad, and the HC was at least tactical and had leaderships qualities, I could stomach the valley. But Rex does not have those, so along with the downturn in record it has to also be pointed out that he is clueless.

If that hurts, I am sorry

I accept the record. I do not accept the rest of this bullsh*t.

Whether Tebow is a "viable backup" or not, he could have played. HE PRACTICED IN FULL ON WEDNESDAY. Two days AFTER the MRI told them his rib injury was a fracture. This is a non-issue, but continue to make it one. What a disaster! Our backup QB wasn't healthy enough to play punt protection!

I accept the record. I do not accept the rest of this bullsh*t.

Whether Tebow is a "viable backup" or not, he could have played. HE PRACTICED IN FULL ON WEDNESDAY. Two days AFTER the MRI told them his rib injury was a fracture. This is a non-issue, but continue to make it one. What a disaster! Our backup QB wasn't healthy enough to play punt protection!

Let's focus on the "on-field problems:

-ROUTINELY-The Jets offense is unable to get the appropriate package/personnel in the game and have to spend time outs because of the substitution errors.

-ROUTINELY-The Jets defense gives up big plays because of "miscommunications" between personnel.

-6 teams have given up more points than the Jets this season

-10 teams have scored fewer points than the Jets this season.

-6 teams have fewer net points than the Jets this season.

-The Jets have recorded 17 sacks this season-only 2 teams have fewer.

-The Jets are LAST in the league in 3rd down defense.

-The Jets do not have a "signature win" in almost 2 years (The Patriots playoff game).

-The Jets record is in DECLINE for the second straight year.

Things are not getting better, they are getting worse, and management must be held accountable

True, but the Jets bring it on themselves. When you have the head coach saying he simultaneously was going to play and not play him in what's already been a season of complete ineptitude from the coaches, and the fans already feel like the team takes us for morons, it becomes a bit of a focal point.

1.You announce your "actives", the day of the game. How much planning were the Patriots going to devolve?

2. You give Rex too much credit, like he actually would care what another opponent thinks or plans.

It takes great prepration to deal with Tebow's 2 up the middle draws and 1 screen pass each week. If that happened, Wilfork would have to stay exaclty where he is every other running play; what an adjsutment that would have been. I it's one thing we can say about Rex Ryan's offense is they do not self-scout at all. Which seems to be a theme when your HC is defense-oriented going on a decade and a half.

That damned sasquatch!

BP?

Let's focus on the "on-field problems:

-ROUTINELY-The Jets offense is unable to get the appropriate package/personnel in the game and have to spend time outs because of the substitution errors.

-ROUTINELY-The Jets defense gives up big plays because of "miscommunications" between personnel.

-6 teams have given up more points than the Jets this season

-10 teams have scored fewer points than the Jets this season.

-6 teams have fewer net points than the Jets this season.

-The Jets have recorded 17 sacks this season-only 2 teams have fewer.

-The Jets are LAST in the league in 3rd down defense.

-The Jets do not have a "signature win" in almost 2 years (The Patriots playoff game).

-The Jets record is in DECLINE for the second straight year.

Things are not getting better, they are getting worse, and management must be held accountable

Must? I agree they have not performed well and I think the staff should take the blame for that. That is what I have been saying, I was only disputing your bullsh*t in treating him like a clown for sh*t like the captains and "not knowing" that Tebow was hurt. The whole media based clown car sh*t is a crock and it is what has the fans in an uproar. Changes need to be made and they will be made. I tend to think it should be more players than staff, but both should be held accountable.

BP?

Must? I agree they have not performed well and I think the staff should take the blame for that. That is what I have been saying, I was only disputing your bullsh*t in treating him like a clown for sh*t like the captains and "not knowing" that Tebow was hurt. The whole media based clown car sh*t is a crock and it is what has the fans in an uproar. Changes need to be made and they will be made. I tend to think it should be more players than staff, but both should be held accountable.

When your organization brings in players for the sole purpose of "attention", you will get treated as a side show. When your coach is openly pompous and braggadocios, people will revel in his failure. When you coach with antiquated ideals to what is successful in the current NFL, and the results are increasing;ly flawed, people will question your abilities. When your locker room can no be controlled with comments or behavior, people will question whether you can control it.

None of these things are media generated. They are all valid.

The biggest issue that I have with Rex is his blind loyalty and love of Mark Sanchez.

It's clear to anyone that watches a game that Mark is a below average QB who continues to make the same mistakes in year 4 as he made on day 1. He continues to make horrible decisions, misses wide open TD throws, and looks like the master of panic in the pocket as soon as a play begins to break down.

Yet week in and week out Rex continues to trot Mark out there for his 2 turnovers, 1 of which is a TD for the defense and the other is a drive killing red zone int.

You cannot win football games with this formula but rather than make changes and try something else Rex and his blind loyalty continue to tell the world how "mark did some good things", and "I thought mark threw the ball well".

If Rex came out tomorrow and said "Mark Sanchez will never start another game for the NYJ" I think a lot of the fans would immediately change their opinion of Rex.

The biggest issue that I have with Rex is his blind loyalty and love of Mark Sanchez.

It's clear to anyone that watches a game that Mark is a below average QB who continues to make the same mistakes in year 4 as he made on day 1. He continues to make horrible decisions, misses wide open TD throws, and looks like the master of panic in the pocket as soon as a play begins to break down.

Yet week in and week out Rex continues to trot Mark out there for his 2 turnovers, 1 of which is a TD for the defense and the other is a drive killing red zone int.

You cannot win football games with this formula but rather than make changes and try something else Rex and his blind loyalty continue to tell the world how "mark did some good things", and "I thought mark threw the ball well".

If Rex came out tomorrow and said "Mark Sanchez will never start another game for the NYJ" I think a lot of the fans would immediately change their opinion of Rex.

I also question their ability to develop players. Granted, a lot of Sanchez' failures need to be placed on him, but I will be the first to tell you that I for one am not comfortable at all with Rex, Sporano or Cavanaugh being around any future jet qb. We don't need that.

I also question their ability to develop players. Granted, a lot of Sanchez' failures need to be placed on him, but I will be the first to tell you that I for one am not comfortable at all with Rex, Sporano or Cavanaugh being around any future jet qb. We don't need that.

I think that this coaching staff has actually done a decent job developing players, just a pretty poor job drafting.

When your organization brings in players for the sole purpose of "attention", you will get treated as a side show. When your coach is openly pompous and braggadocios, people will revel in his failure. When you coach with antiquated ideals to what is successful in the current NFL, and the results are increasing;ly flawed, people will question your abilities. When your locker room can no be controlled with comments or behavior, people will question whether you can control it.

None of these things are media generated. They are all valid.

I don't give a **** what people question. I care about wins and losses. We are losing - we should look to why and try to fix it. We shouldn't whine about braggadoccio and pomposity because they aren't the reason we are losing. I don't think it's "anitiquated ideals" either, but at least that can be debated.

Coaching and leadership. For many of the aforementioned problems.

They have won with this coaching and leadership. What is different? That is what needs to be addressed. To think that they shot their load and the league has caught up and surpassed them is a valid point, but IMO not correct. They won with many of the "problems" you list. I would prefer to stay the course and correct obvious flaws rather than start over. Particularly considering many of the people being mentioned as "coaches and leaders"

They have won with this coaching and leadership. What is different? That is what needs to be addressed. To think that they shot their load and the league has caught up and surpassed them is a valid point, but IMO not correct. They won with many of the "problems" you list. I would prefer to stay the course and correct obvious flaws rather than start over. Particularly considering many of the people being mentioned as "coaches and leaders"

I dunno man, with coaches I think you have to cut bait once a guy goes off the deep end. I have liked a lot of things about Rex over his tenure, but the risk for sticking with anyone when they've lost their mind to this degree is too high. At that point you have to take the concept of time in as a factor; is it really worth dedicating several more years to figure out if the past two years are the norm or if his first two years were the norm? After watching his post-game last Thursday and his behavior this season I think there's a lot more reason to believe the former than the latter. The guy just isn't mentally fit to be a HC.

They have won with this qb before too, but that does not mean he is the answer for the future.

I dunno man, with coaches I think you have to cut bait once a guy goes off the deep end. I have liked a lot of things about Rex over his tenure, but the risk for sticking with anyone when they've lost their mind to this degree is too high. At that point you have to take the concept of time in as a factor; is it really worth dedicating several more years to figure out if the past two years are the norm or if his first two years were the norm? After watching his post-game last Thursday and his behavior this season I think there's a lot more reason to believe the former than the latter. The guy just isn't mentally fit to be a HC.

Kinda like it takes a lot longer to tell if someone is good than it does when they suck.

Kinda like it takes a lot longer to tell if someone is good than it does when they suck.

I was actually in favor of keeping Rex on until last week happened. You can't have this many blowouts in a season and expect to keep your job. That press conference sealed the deal for me. The guy has lost it. His players don't show up to play. He doesn't hold anyone accountable. And the worst part about all of that is that even he can't explain why anymore. That's when you know it's time to say goodbye.

Eh. I don't blame you guys for feeling that way, but I don't think it's time yet. I don't think he gets "several more years", but IMO he gets at least next year. 2014 depends on where 2012 and 2013 end up. If it continues like this obviously it's a disaster and ends sooner, but he's had some horrors and come right back. Rex has to take charge of the roster. If he doesn't or can't he's done, but it's not something that is accomplished so close to a successful season. It takes some losing for these guys to take that kind of control.

They have won with this qb before too, but that does not mean he is the answer for the future.

Right. Might be the crux of the problem right there. I don't deny there are valid reasons to blow it up, I just think it would be a mistake. That's my opinion and like yours it is valid. Basing it on the attitude or press conferences is a mistake. Watch the HC of NYJ press conference and tell me Belichick isn't a ****ing delusional nutbag incapable of leadership.

I was actually in favor of keeping Rex on until last week happened. You can't have this many blowouts in a season and expect to keep your job. That press conference sealed the deal for me. The guy has lost it. His players don't show up to play. He doesn't hold anyone accountable. And the worst part about all of that is that even he can't explain why anymore. That's when you know it's time to say goodbye.

Sad because before this season he looked like he could improve his shortcomings. Dude fell apart like a guy who's girlfriend admitted petting for grade points.

Eh. I don't blame you guys for feeling that way, but I don't think it's time yet. I don't think he gets "several more years", but IMO he gets at least next year. 2014 depends on where 2012 and 2013 end up. If it continues like this obviously it's a disaster and ends sooner, but he's had some horrors and come right back. Rex has to take charge of the roster. If he doesn't or can't he's done, but it's not something that is accomplished so close to a successful season. It takes some losing for these guys to take that kind of control.

This is a bit beyond just losing though. Losing exists in degrees (insert vacuum joke). You can't look at 8-8 and say that's not too bad because you have to figure in the fact that they were 8-5 and blew a shot at the playoffs in embarrassingly bad fashion. The last 3 games in 2011 was an outright collapse on a Mets level. 50% of the home games this year have been historic blowout losses. This year isn't just a losing season, it's horrifically awful and the Jets are the joke of the American sports world. That's plenty to get a coach fired. You can't tell your season ticket holders that it's reasonable to invest thousands of dollars in another season with that on the table because he had moderate success in 2009 and 2010. One season isn't just one season. A year is a damn long time. Look at how long this season has been and there's still 5 more excruciating games to get through.

Sad because before this season he looked like he could improve his shortcomings. Dude fell apart like a guy who's girlfriend admitted petting for grade points.

It's heartbreaking. It's exactly what makes the OP such a puzzling person. Nobody gets any joy out of this. A few laughs for sure but those aren't fun laughs.

This is a bit beyond just losing though. Losing exists in degrees (insert vacuum joke). The last 3 games in 2011 was an outright collapse on a Mets level. 50% of the home games this year have been historic blowout losses. That's plenty to get a coach fired. You can't tell your season ticket holders that it's reasonable to invest thousands of dollars in another season with that on the table because he had moderate success in 2009 and 2010. One season isn't just one season. A year is a damn long time. Look at how long this season has been and there's still 5 more excruciating games to get through.

I will repeat myself for the thousandth time. I understand where you are coming from and don't think it's unreasonable. I would give him more time. I have seen enough good to let me give him more time. That's all I am saying.

I will repeat myself for the thousandth time. I understand where you are coming from and don't think it's unreasonable. I would give him more time. I have seen enough good to let me give him more time. That's all I am saying.

Obviously plenty of people disagree with you, but I don't think anyone has a problem with that point of view per se. The problem is when Baghdad Bob posts some bit of half-cocked nonsense about how we should all be grateful we're not Browns fans, then uses it to conclude that anyone who's calling for heads to roll amidst a 4-7 embarrassment is "completely blind to reality" and rooting for the team to lose. We had to listen to this sh*t from the Penningtologists, then again from the Sanchez Weaponizers, and now we have to hear it from the Ministry of Truth. Enough already.

Archived