#51 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 12,337 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

:face:

not sure why your holding your head. Im not saying Sanchez is playing good or ever has played good consistently but in the same respect they have not done a very good job giving him any stability or talent to work with. if you disagree with that thats cool Im fine with your perspective.

072713-Texas-Aggies-Johnny-Manziel-LA-PI

Proud Member of the AVM

#52 Joe Jets fan

Joe Jets fan

not sure

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

The truth is as long as Rex is here so is Sparano. Which means there will be no effort to do anything with the offense.

They will all be back and we will be in Hell next year.

#53 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 JN Captain

• Members
  • 16,794 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

You'll get no argument from me that the extension was idiotic. I think Tanny should be fired for it.

That doesn't change the fact that it's done, the incoming QB class is weak, and there are no free agent saviors available at QB.

No free agent saviors, but Jason Cambell and Matt Moore are both upgrades.

If they brought either player in, they'd win a TC battle easily.

Posted Image

#54 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,186 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

No free agent saviors, but Jason Cambell and Matt Moore are both upgrades.

If they brought either player in, they'd win a TC battle easily.

"Run-Run-Dump off" is a tough game plan to grasp
Originally Posted by Blackout™
LOL ignorance is bless.

#55 kay_gee

kay_gee

full time Jets fan, part time troll

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 2,048 posts
  • Locationlive from New York

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Why are you fighting about whether Sanchez will be here or not? The money all but guarantees it.

I'd draft offense in the first round - a guy who can catch, please. SKILLZ. Defense needs some faster linebackers but you can probably pick those up in later rounds.

#56 LionelRichie

LionelRichie

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

The entire regime returns. Rex, Tanny, Sanchez, Tebow, Sparano, Cavanaugh....all of them. Book it.

That said, if the Jets dont find a viable veteran QB some where in FA, there isnt a single player coming in that will dethrone Sanchez. Because as you said, the draft class sucks, none of them are NFL ready and all of them will be holding a clip board for a year for pretty much any team in the league outside maybe KC.

I don't follow college football religiously but I thought the Bray kid from Tennessee looked pretty good in the games I watched him. I think he is a possibility.

I think the Jets definitely bring in a QB to compete with Sanchez next season. Henne/Moore/Kolb/Alex Smith are all possibilities. In a true open competition I don't see any way that Sanchez is the starter.

#57 LionelRichie

LionelRichie

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

If Ryan comes back, Sanchez will probably lose his job in camp. If he doesn't the new coach owes him nothing and will probably make a point of dropping his sorry ass either to #3

Bugg - this is a pretty intriguing possibility for the new regime. What if the new HC comes in and tells Sanchez "we'll pay you, but you will never see the field of be active on Sunday" ?

Sanchez may come to some compromise on the contract in order to get released and find a new home as a starter. Believe it or not Sanchez would be an upgrade in Arizona and that would probably be a good landing spot for him.

#58 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 35,507 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

I don't follow college football religiously but I thought the Bray kid from Tennessee looked pretty good in the games I watched him. I think he is a possibility.

I think the Jets definitely bring in a QB to compete with Sanchez next season. Henne/Moore/Kolb/Alex Smith are all possibilities. In a true open competition I don't see any way that Sanchez is the starter.

I was expecting more from Bray. I'd take a flier on him though. Doesnt complete a high percentage which is scary considering what we've got right now. Tries to force the issues quite a bit, but he's also suffered from drops. He's had some really nice balls dropped by his WR's.
Posted Image

#59 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

whether you like it or not...

With that being the case and the Jets likely picking in the 15-20 range, who do we get? Are there any big time WR or RB prospects? I don't watch college football at all.

They can't possibly use another first rounder on Defense, right?

I've heard a few talking heads comparing the 2012 NYJ's to the 2010 SF 49ers, saying all they need is a road grading RG, and RT, and their Aldon Smith, also M Sanchez magically turning into the prototypical game manager A Smith has become, or you can just go get A Smith, and hire his QB coach as your new OC.

#60 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

i heard the qb coach taught sanchez to run into linemans butts

his make or break season is over

Edited by jetsjetsjetss, 29 November 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#61 Jetsouth

Jetsouth

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

13 million dollars is a lot of money.

17 million is a lot more. Unfortunately , at the rate of progression on Sanchez's part, it will break the team, and potentially the owners pocket enough to hire someone who can run the organization better.

I changed my mind, its already broken...

Edited by Jetsouth, 29 November 2012 - 06:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users