Percy Harvin to the Seahawks

Integrity28

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Profootballtalk.com reports Percy Harvin's new Seahawks deal is worth $67 million over six seasons, with only $14.5 million fully guaranteed.

Another $11 million is guaranteed for injury, but this is a smaller deal than Harvin was probably expecting. It's actually worth just slightly less than Dwayne Bowe's in annual average, making Harvin -- for now -- the NFL's fifth highest paid receiver behind Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Wallace, and Bowe. And the low guaranteed total protects the Seahawks. Seattle gave up a draft-pick haul for Harvin, but this looks like a great deal for the club.

Profootballtalk.com reports Percy Harvin's new Seahawks deal is worth $67 million over six seasons, with only $14.5 million fully guaranteed.

Another $11 million is guaranteed for injury, but this is a smaller deal than Harvin was probably expecting. It's actually worth just slightly less than Dwayne Bowe's in annual average, making Harvin -- for now -- the NFL's fifth highest paid receiver behind Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Wallace, and Bowe. And the low guaranteed total protects the Seahawks. Seattle gave up a draft-pick haul for Harvin, but this looks like a great deal for the club.

Of all the guys on that highest paid list, Mike Wallace does not belong at all. Bowe barely.

Harvin is good. I can't wait to see him with a QB better than Ponder or Tavaris Jackon. He'll be worth the contract.

Brandon Marshall doesn't act like a dildo and he's easily top 3 paid, dummy routine lost him lots of money.

Of all the guys on that highest paid list, Mike Wallace does not belong at all. Bowe barely.

Harvin is good. I can't wait to see him with a QB better than Ponder or Tavaris Jackon. He'll be worth the contract.

Brandon Marshall doesn't act like a dildo and he's easily top 3 paid, dummy routine lost him lots of money.

Wallace is more deserving than Bowe who gets 80% of his catches in the 4th quarter when the game is out of reach.

Ponder is a good prospect and would have been better if he had Harvin and another target.

As for Marshall he was the highest paid WR in the league up until these guys contract surpass him.

Wallace is more deserving than Bowe who gets 80% of his catches in the 4th quarter when the game is out of reach.

Ponder is a good prospect and would have been better if he had Harvin and another target.

As for Marshall he was the highest paid WR in the league up until these guys contract surpass him.

Ponder had Harvin and Kyle Rudolph. He still struggled. 

Yeah, I was wrong about Marshall I realized it after I hit submit. I forgot he got a baller contract from Chicago. 

Ponder had Harvin and Kyle Rudolph. He still struggled. 

Yeah, I was wrong about Marshall I realized it after I hit submit. I forgot he got a baller contract from Chicago. 

Correct, he had Harvin and Rudolph for the first 8 games then and he play fairly well. Then lost Harvin and was stuck with Devin Aromashodu and Jerome Simpson then struggled.

Correct, he had Harvin and Rudolph for the first 8 games then and he play fairly well. Then lost Harvin and was stuck with Devin Aromashodu and Jerome Simpson then struggled.

Ponder had the MVP in AP.  A guy who rushed for over 2100 yards.    

If you can't be a good QB with one of the greatest RBs during one of the greatest RB seasons,  plus you have Harvin,  you just never will be a top QB.

Ponder had the MVP in AP.  A guy who rushed for over 2100 yards.    

If you can't be a good QB with one of the greatest RBs during one of the greatest RB seasons,  plus you have Harvin,  you just never will be a top QB.

Not sure why your disputing what he'll become as that was far from the discussion.

Edit: Also you clearly just jump into the discussion without reading the other post as I stated he only had Percy full time for the first 8 games. During those 8 games Percy Harvin was the receiving leader, yes even over Megatron. With Harvin still being a target Peterson possibly doesn't get the carries to make him MVP or being a 2k runner.

• 1 year later...

A 1st rounder? Wow.

BTW - I love how the Seahwaks are great origination now and Carrol is a great HC because they finally found a QB and finally had a winning season. And they just gave up a 1st rounder for a lockerroom headache (pun intended) and they are a bunch of geniuses out there.

lulz - this place

I'll give you this much. You're consistent. 

.... but why would any new NFL news matter here where you guys circle jerk endlessly debating over who is spinning what?

people, people, it is all good.  rex is good, and i mean it.  idzick, well, he is good too.  and so is woody. these are good people. each and all.  i feel honored and blessed to have these good people running the jets.

it does no good to speak in fork-ed tongues endlessly over the mishaps of the almost been and the no longer heres.  that is the bad karma that, as Yoko last Thursday during the Pats game said, is nothing more that a Lennon escapade over some drunken stretch with a rude interloper.

let us join hands, then, as noble fans all, and look forward to a jovial future full of mirth and good tidings.

by the way, my English grandfather was actually called Percival.  Nanny (my Grandmother) referred to him as Perce.  So I do have good vibe feelings of and about this new and charming wide receiver... whose behavior has so far been nothing but exemplary, and from whom I expect magnificent things during the good peoples games by the NY Jets.

Go Real Madrid!  Sorry, I meant Liverpool.

.... but why would any new NFL news matter here where you guys circle jerk endlessly debating over who is spinning what?

that's the standard mental midget response to evidence contrary to one's position: "bb-buttttt the media is liezzz!" So much less mentally taxing than actually forming a counterpoint.

people, people, it is all good.  rex is good, and i mean it.  idzick, well, he is good too.  and so is woody. these are good people. each and all.  i feel honored and blessed to have these good people running the jets.

it does no good to speak in fork-ed tongues endlessly over the mishaps of the almost been and the no longer heres.  that is the bad karma that, as Yoko last Thursday during the Pats game said, is nothing more that a Lennon escapade over some drunken stretch with a rude interloper.

let us join hands, then, as noble fans all, and look forward to a jovial future full of mirth and good tidings.

by the way, my English grandfather was actually called Percival.  Nanny (my Grandmother) referred to him as Perce.  So I do have good vibe feelings of and about this new and charming wide receiver... whose behavior has so far been nothing but exemplary, and from whom I expect magnificent things during the good peoples games by the NY Jets.

Go Real Madrid!  Sorry, I meant Liverpool.

Yeah, okay. 

that's the standard mental midget response to evidence contrary to one's position: "bb-buttttt the media is liezzz!" So much less mentally taxing than actually forming a counterpoint.

Are you sure?

You are quoting a statement I made in March of 2013. A statement I made when announcing the Percy deal at a time when there was nothing but whining here on JN. Nothing about said statement was saying "the media is lies", in fact I was saying "here is some real news reported about the league, as opposed to the bickering we were mired in at the time".

Is it a "standard mental midget" response to quote something without context, respond out of context and make a fool of yourself? 

Are you sure? You are quoting a statement I made in March of 2013.

Forgetting the rest of your respective posts, this is the part that I always find quite amusing, and knew was coming the moment I saw this thread had been bumped.  Have to love people trying to argue with a post months, if not years after the fact.

Yeah, okay. 

Are you sure?

You are quoting a statement I made in March of 2013. A statement I made when announcing the Percy deal at a time when there was nothing but whining here on JN. Nothing about said statement was saying "the media is lies", in fact I was saying "here is some real news reported about the league, as opposed to the bickering we were mired in at the time".

Is it a "standard mental midget" response to quote something without context, respond out of context and make a fool of yourself? 

weird i was agreeing with the point i thought you were making. i thought you were saying why even bother to post new articles when people here just lazily explain away anything they don't like as "spin."

sorry that i hurt your feelings. hop in the station wagon and i'll take you for dairy queen. how's that sound?

weird i was agreeing with the point i thought you were making. i thought you were saying why even bother to post new articles when people here just lazily explain away anything they don't like as "spin."

sorry that i hurt your feelings. hop in the station wagon and i'll take you for dairy queen. how's that sound?

I28 seems a little sensitive today. Trying to pick fights with anyone in his head that thinks represents a rebuttal to his thoughts.

I28 seems a little sensitive today. Trying to pick fights with anyone in his head that thinks represents a rebuttal to his thoughts.

not sure what is more foolish, arguing with a 2 year old post or defending your 2 year old post :)

I'm lactose intolerant. It sounds like an evening of diarrhea in your passenger seat.

And that was my original point , it didn't come across as an agreement. Either way I probably would have mocked you.

You didn't make a rebuttal, you whined about nothing. Par for the course that I call that out. Save the whining for legit reasons, there'll be plenty of them.

Nice to know when I hurt your butt you feel like you have to follow me around campaigning that I'm in the wrong because you can't fathom 2 competent WR moves in 1 week.

I just voted one of my own posts down 22 times.  this is fun. good thing i am on a lunch break and thinking about how I actually watched Supe III, as an adult. given that, whjy did i do this vote down thing?  TIme for Dr. Pasqualito, I presume.

other than that, i must say i am happy good peoples about the curley signing.  he is not a deep threat, but he is a deep person -- very intellectual, I mean.

I just voted one of my own posts down 22 times.

Its takes an extraordinary man bordering on God for doing that. Lesser beings just thirst for reps and would never bring themselves  to doing that. This has to be a first in the history of message boards.

i must say i am happy good peoples about the curley signing.

Curley ? Who is that ?

Archived