Jets meet with Bortles........

fishing92070

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meeting with a prospect in the uneventful scenario in which he falls to you is far more likely than hoping a 30 minute interview prior to him taking an NFL snap will somehow get you a head start on scouting him on the off chance that you play him next year. 

Teams do this all the time. The scouting process feeds right into the same database they use for week to week matchups. It's also the same pool of data they use to evaluate free agents. There's no realistic possibility bortles falls to 18 but there is a realistic possibility they will play him. And maybe down the line a small possibility he becomes a free agent and someone they are interested in... or someone an AFC east team signs and they have to play 2x a year.

everyone thinks this is just about the draft but the teams use this data forever. 10 years from now teams will still know Clowney's 40 time. 

Gastineau another brainless Jet fan who does not know how to comprehend. Guess you like Geno too. Here's to looking at 6-10 JA.

Your brilliance is matched only by your boldness.  I'm taking notes, lots to learn from this one.

Teams do this all the time. The scouting process feeds right into the same database they use for week to week matchups. It's also the same pool of data they use to evaluate free agents. There's no realistic possibility bortles falls to 18 but there is a realistic possibility they will play him. And maybe down the line a small possibility he becomes a free agent and someone they are interested in... or someone an AFC east team signs and they have to play 2x a year.

everyone thinks this is just about the draft but the teams use this data forever. 10 years from now teams will still know Clowney's 40 time. 

Sure, it all goes in a database, but there's no way I'm buying that the reason they're interviewing him is to get a head-start on game-planning for him on the off-chance they face him in the coming years. You think week 8 of 2014, Rex and DT are gonna be preparing for the game and be like "yo, forget the 7 weeks of game tape, let's pop in that combine interview we did, let's see who his favorite 5th grade teacher was."

Sure, it all goes in a database, but there's no way I'm buying that the reason they're interviewing him is to get a head-start on game-planning for him on the off-chance they face him in the coming years. You think week 8 of 2014, Rex and DT are gonna be preparing for the game and be like "yo, forget the 7 weeks of game tape, let's pop in that combine interview we did, let's see who his favorite 5th grade teacher was."

maybe it's both. there's a better chance of the Jets facing this player than drafting him I think we all agree on that. 

Archived