Your 2015-2016 New York Knicks--Melo, KP, Fisher, Barnes & Gloria

SMC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On March 10, 2016 at 6:45 PM, Larz said:

so there is no reason to subject myself to the NBA game just to watch the knicks I take it ?

how long do I get to go to sleep for this time....

3 years ?   5 ?

IIRC, most of us fans have been rather comatose since the '99 Finals run. It's been 17 some years & COUNTING!

I feel a fair portion of the dedicated fanbase slit their wrists and just capitulated already during the Isiah Thomas Dark Ages, which was about 10 years ago. Good god  . . . . NYK basketball hasn't been watchable this millennia!!! That's really disturbing when you think about it. 

Good for Calderon on the game winner last night. That means he has more game winners than Melo has had the last 2 years.

Sasha is back to being Sasha in shooting 1-8 which means the evil spirit has left him.

36 minutes ago, SMC said:

Good for Calderon on the game winner last night. That means he has more game winners than Melo has had the last 2 years.

Sasha is back to being Sasha in shooting 1-8 which means the evil spirit has left him.

If Calderon wasn't so terrible on defense, he wouldn't have needed a 3 point winner. 

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If Calderon wasn't so terrible on defense, he wouldn't have needed a 3 point winner. 

Yes, Calderon is terrible on defense because he's so freakin slow now, but in this game that didn't come into play because both Russell and Kobe shot horribly.

Calderon would be a good backup on a playoff team.  He's awful as a starter because of his defensive liabilities.

Of the 314 basketball players who have attempted at least 150 shots this season, Sasha is ranked 312th with a .335 shooting percentage.

Of course, he was on the court for the final possession

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Are you guys seriously analytically discussing Calderon and Vujacic? Really?

Calderon no.  Sasha yes, because it's historic.

Sasha has the chance of having the worst shooting season in NBA history based on games and minutes plays.

Red Holzman had the worst shooting year ever in 1951-52, playing 65 games, 1065 minutes with a .280 shooting percentage on 372 attempts.

Sidney Lowe had the worst shooting year in the modern era in 1989-90, playing 80 games and 1744 minutes shooting .319 on 229 attempts.

Sasha, at .335 needs to shoot 14/56 (.250) down the stretch to break Lowe's record of futility.  In Sasha's last 10 games played he's shot over .250 only twice

There has to be something to root for during the rest of the season.

The "Melo frustrated" articles are really grating.

Now I'm reading that Melo might consider waiving his no trade clause if the Knicks don't get a significant FA.  Hey, dumbass, free agency is AFTER the draft.  The only way a trade of Melo makes sense for the Knicks is if the trade happens before the draft and they get a 2016 1st rounder.

What a ******* disaster

3 minutes ago, SMC said:

Now I'm reading that Melo might consider waiving his no trade clause if the Knicks don't get a significant FA.  Hey, dumbass, free agency is AFTER the draft.  The only way a trade of Melo makes sense for the Knicks is if the trade happens before the draft and they get a 2016 1st rounder.

What a ******* disaster

I hate melo more than Ive ever hated anyone on any of my favorite teams. That's saying a lot, because I can count the players I've ever hated on my teams over the past two decades (jets, knicks, yanks, rangers, uconn basketball) on one hand: Santonio, Melo, $tarbberry, Hilton Armstrong. 

1 hour ago, SMC said:

What a ******* disaster

What's funny is the Knicks probably acquired the best FA besides Aldridge last year. You cant build through FA when you suck.

Sasha came through with an 0-5 shooting performance, dropping his FG % to .322

The uglier the season gets the more I get the feeling that Jax, Melo and Rambis will be gone before next season.

It's still remarkable that Jax has been trying to sell Rambis as the HC next season.  Dolan is not signing off on that and Rambis has never proven that he can be a successful HC in the NBA.  He was a disaster in Minny and is not 5-12 in NY.

On March 18, 2016 at 2:23 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Maybe Rambis was sent in to be terrible by Phil to submarine Carmelo into wanting out big time. That's the only rationale to starting a backcourt of the trash brothers, Calderone and Vujacic. 

Jerian Grant should be playing 35 minutes per night rest of the season.

And resign Thanasis Antenoumpo

6 hours ago, SMC said:

Sasha came through with an 0-5 shooting performance, dropping his FG % to .322

The uglier the season gets the more I get the feeling that Jax, Melo and Rambis will be gone before next season.

It's still remarkable that Jax has been trying to sell Rambis as the HC next season.  Dolan is not signing off on that and Rambis has never proven that he can be a successful HC in the NBA.  He was a disaster in Minny and is not 5-12 in NY.

Melo is going nowhere but I think Phil is going to LA.  Good because that means we get Thibs

On 3/18/2016 at 10:57 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

I hate melo more than Ive ever hated anyone on any of my favorite teams. That's saying a lot, because I can count the players I've ever hated on my teams over the past two decades (jets, knicks, yanks, rangers, uconn basketball) on one hand: Santonio, Melo, $tarbberry, Hilton Armstrong. 

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate and despise everything about Carmelo Anthony?  

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Who's a worse defender, Melo or Harden? 

Harden by far.  There are times when Melo actually tries to defend and is successful at it.  Harden never tries.  It's hilarious all his vines.

36 minutes ago, SMC said:

Harden by far.  There are times when Melo actually tries to defend and is successful at it.  Harden never tries.  It's hilarious all his vines.

The footage on ESPN's website right now is hysterical.  

Makes no sense.  And that career loser Rambis said he only played Grant 10 minutes because he didn't like the way the offense was run in 1st half.  But they shot 3-21 in second.

20 hours ago, SMC said:

Makes no sense.  And that career loser Rambis said he only played Grant 10 minutes because he didn't like the way the offense was run in 1st half.  But they shot 3-21 in second.

Rambis is a moron.  He should stick to binge drinking and playing on twitter.

Knicks are using stretch provision to waive Calderon after June 1st to finally get rid of that scrub.  Will get us another $5 million in cap room to $24 million total.  I'm throwing a party the day he's waived literally any poster on this site can play better defense than that slow loser.

Archived