Ryan Tannehill just isn't good enough.

Jetsfan80

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im of that camp. I think Geno could be much better with this coaching staff, revitalized Oline and offensive weapons. He'll also have indirect help from the defense. 

The problem here isnt that the people using hypotheticals are now throwing a tantrum for being wrong (atleast not all of us), its that the people in the anti-Geno camp uses Geno's past while ignoring Fitz past. Somehow Fitz is good enough to take advantage of this assistance and overcoming his past while Geno somehow cant? Thats just as hypothetical to say that he cant given that we've never seen him with a good team. Yet when the people who defend Geno potential brings up Fitz unspectacular past then the anti-Geno crowd (or lets just say guys like @Jetsfan80 :-) ) will say that Fitz played on terrible teams his entire career. Aaaah, like the Jets teams of the past 2 years was something to get excited about. 

There are some who throw a tantrum and will make crazy statements and label them fact, but the anti Geno crew does the same. We just seen it. Someone mentions Geno's name (not even requesting him play...just a general statement) and someone responded (forgot who, just remembered the statement) that "If Geno was playing against the Pats we would have been getting blown out by halftime". That statement directly correlates the success of the team through the QB position which means that they're saying that Fitz is the sole difference here. 

That example is just one of what I meant when I said earlier that I wasnt getting overhyped confused with rooting. The difference unfortunately is that those guys arent labeled as "haters" because Geno is sitting on the sidelines and not able to prove/disprove anything at the moment. 

People on both sides of the perspective have validity to their opinions its just that because one is on the bench and the other is having success the anti-Geno crowd tends to dismiss Fitz past yet will hold on to Geno's as if it was life itself. 

I've done no such thing, and neither has anyone worth listening to about this topic. 

As I just exhibited to some other guy in this thread, the Geno side is arguing he'd be better with this staff/roster, while arguing Fitz sucks based on his past. Ignoring that Fitz is playing the best football of his career, and we're winning. 

I haven't argued with you, because you have at least known better than to apply this double-standard. The majority of the people pressing this dialogue forward are illogical and clinging to this double-standard like oiled up naked women cling to my bearded sexiness.

here's that reading thing again.  when you foolishly compared their careers and said neither had found success prior to coming here that was a different argument and again you were wrong but please keep deflecting.

Meds buddy, get on 'em.

I've done no such thing, and neither has anyone worth listening to about this topic. 

As I just exhibited to some other guy in this thread, the Geno side is arguing he'd be better with this staff/roster, while arguing Fitz sucks based on his past. Ignoring that Fitz is playing the best football of his career, and we're winning. 

I haven't argued with you, because you have at least known better than to apply this double-standard. The majority of the people pressing this dialogue forward are illogical and clinging to this double-standard like oiled up naked women cling to my bearded sexiness.

28, I didnt say you did anything. Why are you taking my statements so personal? No where in my statement (or prior statements) did I say you did anything.

Read my post again, but with the perspective that im talking about the conversation throughout its existence the past 2 months, not from the perspective that im saying that you did anything. 

28, I didnt say you did anything. Why are you taking my statements so personal? No where in my statement (or prior statements) did I say you did anything.

Read my post again, but with the perspective that im talking about the conversation throughout its existence the past 2 months, not from the perspective that im saying that you did anything. 

That is how I read it, and I'm not taking it personal. Just making the distinction between people worth paying attention to and not. The things you are referencing have mostly come from the latter. That's all I mean.

That is how I read it, and I'm not taking it personal. Just making the distinction between people worth paying attention to and not. The things you are referencing have mostly come from the latter. That's all I mean.

I get how you meant it now. That was lost in translation with the reading. 

It sounded like you were telling me that "You did no such thing" in what you wrote that I responded to. 

What do you mean "limited sample size"?

The entire argument from people about Geno is that we shouldn't look at what he's done before this year, because he'd be better with this staff/roster. Therefore, if you are weighing Geno's hypothetical results with this year's team, the only fair comparison is ignoring Fitz's prior production, and looking exclusively at what he's done this year, with this staff/roster.

This is the funniest part of this whole debate over the past few weeks by the way... the fact that you guys don't get basic things like this, or choose to ignore it because it completely takes a dump on your "argument".

I put argument in quotes, because at this point I'm not sure it's accurate to call it such... yelling the same things every day and being wrong isn't an argument, it's more of a tantrum.

Hmmm....let's see, 2 year player versus 10 year player. Your argument is really really dumb.

Hmmm....let's see, 2 year player versus 10 year player. Your argument is really really dumb.

My argument isn't really an argument, I'm just illustrating the double-standard being applied by the "Geno deep balls" crowd.

You're either too ignorant to recognize the double-standard, or too blockheaded to want to admit to it. Therefore the only recourse is to call me "dumb".

It's okay. I knew what I was dealing with here all along.

My argument isn't really an argument, I'm just illustrating the double-standard being applied by the "Geno deep balls" crowd.

You're either too ignorant to recognize the double-standard, or too blockheaded to want to admit to it. Therefore the only recourse is to call me "dumb".

It's okay. I knew what I was dealing with here all along.

What double standard? Maybe I am just not seeing your point.

Im of that camp. I think Geno could be much better with this coaching staff, revitalized Oline and offensive weapons. He'll also have indirect help from the defense. 

The problem here isnt that the people using hypotheticals are now throwing a tantrum for being wrong (atleast not all of us), its that the people in the anti-Geno camp uses Geno's past while ignoring Fitz past. Somehow Fitz is good enough to take advantage of this assistance and overcoming his past while Geno somehow cant? Thats just as hypothetical to say that he cant given that we've never seen him with a good team. Yet when the people who defend Geno potential brings up Fitz unspectacular past then the anti-Geno crowd (or lets just say guys like @Jetsfan80 :-) ) will say that Fitz played on terrible teams his entire career. Aaaah, like the Jets teams of the past 2 years was something to get excited about.

The difference here is that we have present and indisputable evidence of how Fitzpatrick performs with this team. We don't have to contemplate what he did on past teams. With Geno all we know is what he's done the past two years. If you discount that past and cling to hypotheticals about what Geno could do or could be then your position must be that the unknown and hopeful is superior to the known and decently successful with this team. It is your burden to present evidence in support of your hypotheticals and saying he would be better because it's a better team isn't enough. Otherwise we can just mash hypothetical QBs together so that your version of what Geno could be next week as a QB still sits on the bench because Fitzpatrick could come out tomorrow with a perfect game at throw up fifty points. I mean hey, you don't know how Fitzpatrick will perform with tomorrow's roster or gameplan.

The difference here is that we have present and indisputable evidence of how Fitzpatrick performs with this team. We don't have to contemplate what he did on past teams. With Geno all we know is what he's done the past two years. If you discount that past and cling to hypotheticals about what Geno could do or could be then your position must be that the unknown and hopeful is superior to the known and decently successful with this team. It is your burden to present evidence in support of your hypotheticals and saying he would be better because it's a better team isn't enough. Otherwise we can just mash hypothetical QBs together so that your version of what Geno could be next week as a QB still sits on the bench because Fitzpatrick could come out tomorrow with a perfect game at throw up fifty points. I mean hey, you don't know how Fitzpatrick will perform with tomorrow's roster or gameplan.

You're absolutely correct in that regard. However, the success of Fitz doesnt discredit Geno Smith potential. I'll say the word again...Potential. If Fitz can overcome a decade of mediocrity in 6 games with better coaching, legit offensive weapons, a run game thats amongst the best in the league and the best defense in the league, I believe Geno could possibly overcome his with the same cast.

The "burden to present evidence" position is nonsense though, and I'll prove it. The same people who say that we (I) hold the burden to provide evidence are also held by that same burden to present evidence that Geno couldnt be better with this cast of players/coaches. Its not like this team is the same or similar to the two teams Geno played with...yet taking a guys past and associating that with the current squad is okay to do with no evidence to prove that he WOULDNT progress. 

I know what's going to happen, you'll someway somehow tell me that the burden isnt on the people saying Geno is trash and couldnt succeed with this group of guys an that no matter what its on us to show it. 

Precisely why I've slowly backed away from the conversation. The anti-geno crowd is on a one track mind here and refuse to understand that stating a guys potential with better players and coaching is somehow ridiculous yet people they will say "Fitz was mediocre because he played with terrible teams his entire career". Its hypocritical.

You're absolutely correct in that regard. However, the success of Fitz doesnt discredit Geno Smith potential. I'll say the word again...Potential. If Fitz can overcome a decade of mediocrity in 6 games with better coaching, legit offensive weapons, a run game thats amongst the best in the league and the best defense in the league, I believe Geno could possibly overcome his with the same cast.

The "burden to present evidence" position is nonsense though, and I'll prove it. The same people who say that we (I) hold the burden to provide evidence are also held by that same burden to present evidence that Geno couldnt be better with this cast of players/coaches. Its not like this team is the same or similar to the two teams Geno played with...yet taking a guys past and associating that with the current squad is okay to do with no evidence to prove that he WOULDNT progress. 

I know what's going to happen, you'll someway somehow tell me that the burden isnt on the people saying Geno is trash and couldnt succeed with this group of guys an that no matter what its on us to show it. 

Precisely why I've slowly backed away from the conversation. The anti-geno crowd is on a one track mind here and refuse to understand that stating a guys potential with better players and coaching is somehow ridiculous yet people they will say "Fitz was mediocre because he played with terrible teams his entire career". Its hypocritical.

So the last 4 times Geno  played the Pats he won once and his 3 losses were by a total of 6 points.. What does that tell the Foe-caster??:) That Geno would be kicking Pat butt with the current team I assume??

Archived