Jets sign WR Joe Anderson to PS

Jet in PA

Can't find any pre-draft stuff on him, but he has been with the Bears and Eagles.  He's been active playing specials.  He seems to be a low level kick returner with some cover team skills. 

I don't know how they keep their chinstraps on with those beards.  Mine would never stay right and mine is nothing like these Smith's Brothers jobs.

This from The Jets Blog April 2012

NEW WR Joseph (Joe) Anderson (Texas Southern University) 6-1, 195, 4.43 40yd dash

Projection: UDFA Description: The Jets have shown interest in Anderson. A big-play receiver, Anderson has great speed and knows how to get down the field very quickly. While level of competition is a huge question, Anderson is a very consistent performer. He runs solid routes. Furthermore, Anderson has very good hands. He moves the chains successfully. Anderson is not afraid to go across the middle of the field. He is great in the red zone. A willing blocker, Anderson is also very hard to bring down the open field. He also really excels in yards after the catch. Anderson will likely be picked up as an undrafted free agent and have a shot to compete for a roster spot in camp.

Can't find any pre-draft stuff on him, but he has been with the Bears and Eagles.  He's been active playing specials.  He seems to be a low level kick returner with some cover team skills. 

I don't know how they keep their chinstraps on with those beards.  Mine would never stay right and mine is nothing like these Smith's Brothers jobs.

Didn't you and Crazy Legs Hirsch share a helmet?

This from The Jets Blog April 2012

NEW WR Joseph (Joe) Anderson (Texas Southern University) 6-1, 195, 4.43 40yd dash

Projection: UDFA Description: The Jets have shown interest in Anderson. A big-play receiver, Anderson has great speed and knows how to get down the field very quickly. While level of competition is a huge question, Anderson is a very consistent performer. He runs solid routes. Furthermore, Anderson has very good hands. He moves the chains successfully. Anderson is not afraid to go across the middle of the field. He is great in the red zone. A willing blocker, Anderson is also very hard to bring down the open field. He also really excels in yards after the catch. Anderson will likely be picked up as an undrafted free agent and have a shot to compete for a roster spot in camp.

No weaknesses?!?!? Why'd we wait 3 years to sign him??

Didn't you and Crazy Legs Hirsch share a helmet?

Crazy Legs wore those newfangled plastic helmets. 

No weaknesses?!?!? Why'd we wait 3 years to sign him??

I was thinking the same thing.  It really is just an indication that the level of competition wasn't so high.  If he showed weaknesses against those guys he wouldn't have a shot.  I haven't seen any workout numbers, though they keep throwing around a forty in the 4.4s.

Archived