Training camp thread 08/09/16

Maxman

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JiF said:

I'm kind of shocked that Glenn doesnt work in the Fitzpatrick PR dept.  He'd be a great addition.  

Or maybe he's vying for Fitz babysitting during the season?  

"average" arm, "solid" QB.

Average meaning America's average? because there's no one in the NFL with a worse arm that I'm aware of. Solid, meaning solid backup? Because that "solid" QB was just on the open market, and shockingly the only team that wanted him is the same team that employs Chan Gailey.

4 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Average meaning America's average? because there's no one in the NFL with a worse arm that I'm aware of. Solid, meaning solid backup? Because that "solid" QB was just on the open market, and shockingly the only team that wanted him is the same team that employs Chan Gailey.

Such a shame we passed on trading for Aaron Rodgers!

Jets were the best place for Fitz, Fitz was the best QB the Jets could get.  Chan is the OC he works best with.  Pretty simple.

If the Jets thought the only reason Fitzpatrick was any good was because of the OC he would not have been signed to that contract.  No matter what you still have to execute an offense and he did just that last year.  As for relying on the expertise of players or coaches to be successful in this league goes, you could make a long long list of people who would be irrelevant without good people in the organization.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If the Jets thought the only reason Fitzpatrick was any good was because of the OC he would not have been signed to that contract.  No matter what you still have to execute an offense and he did just that last year.  As for relying on the expertise of players or coaches to be successful in this league goes, you could make a long long list of people who would be irrelevant without good people in the organization.

i think they signed him in large part b/c of the OC.  he can run this system, and it's a 1 year deal.  it's clear that coaching qbs is critical, just look how the rex/tanny/idzik eras failed to groom qbs.  system matters.

3 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Not "solid" enough to not get benched for ryan mallett in houston. maybe o'brien wants more from a QB that makes his living on padding stats against inferior competition. like being able to read defenses post-snap & not staring down receivers... but those statzzz though LOL :lol:

Just now, cant wait said:

Not "solid" enough to not get benched for ryan mallett in houston. maybe o'brien wants more from a QB that makes his living on padding stats against inferior competition. like being able to read defenses post-snap & not staring down receivers... but those statzzz though LOL :lol:

Bill Obrien will be unemployed this time next year.

3 minutes ago, cant wait said:

43-61-1 is a stat that nobody pays any attention to I guess.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Such a shame we passed on trading for Aaron Rodgers!

Jets were the best place for Fitz, Fitz was the best QB the Jets could get.  Chan is the OC he works best with.  Pretty simple.

Haven't disputed that. You know what I'm saying here 80. Max says move on so we're moving on

16 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If Mo Wilkerson plays more than 5 snaps in any preseason game, I'm going to take an axe handle to Todd Bowles' car windshield 

Bowles better drive his wife's car for the third game. 

Archived