Training camp thread 08/09/16

Maxman

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

What exactly was the point of taking Hackenberg. If the kid cant play just cut your losses sooner than later.

Well it's way too early to be saying that kind of thing, he is a developmental guy they are trying to bring along slowly but that is the whole point that some of us not in favour of that pick made, he's a lots of work developmental guy, those guys you don't take in the 2nd round.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Beerfish said:

Well it's way too early to be saying that kind of thing, he is a developmental guy they are trying to bring along slowly but that is the whole point that some of us not in favour of that pick made, he's a lots of work developmental guy, those guys you don't take in the 2nd round.

I dont think it is tbh. How do you develop someone who isnt even getting reps in practice? It was a bizarre pick from the beginning and prolonging the inevitable is silly imo. He's obviously going to make the team but I'd honestly try to sneak him on the PS. If they can IR him even better. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

he's trying so hard, maybe too hard.  all that work pre-draft, trying to prove everyone wrong.  he just needs to relax.

44 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is the stuff on Hack that I was afraid of when we drafted him way too early IMO. Seriously though its basically playing catch in the backyard and he's throwing in the dirt. Can someone get a time machine and just take him back to his Freshman year of college and see if that helps......

1 minute ago, Stark said:

This is the stuff on Hack that I was afraid of when we drafted him way too early IMO. Seriously though its basically playing catch in the backyard and he's throwing in the dirt. Can someone get a time machine and just take him back to his Freshman year of college and see if that helps......

i think hack has put an inordinate amount of pressure on himself and it's affecting his play.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i think hack has put an inordinate amount of pressure on himself and it's affecting his play.

This was supposed to be this guys big plus, mental side of the game.  In any case he flat out needs more work a couple passes a day is silly.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

This was supposed to be this guys big plus, mental side of the game.  In any case he flat out needs more work a couple passes a day is silly.

Agree. He needs as many reps as possible.

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If Mo Wilkerson plays more than 5 snaps in any preseason game, I'm going to take an axe handle to Todd Bowles' car windshield 

If he plays any less, I'll do the same. Players need reps. If you're scared of 5 reps in a game, how are you going to survive 800+ reps?

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

More red zone. Fitz to Marshall TD...beat Marcus Williams again. #NYJ

At some point, the Jets are going to have to address the lack of CB depth behind Revis. I mean do they really trust Williams, Milliner, and Skrine, and Burris? I sure don't. In a passing league these guys are going to be tested often.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

At some point, the Jets are going to have to address the lack of CB depth behind Revis. I mean do they really trust Williams, Milliner, and Skrine, and Burris? I sure don't. In a passing league these guys are going to be tested often.

amazingly, milliner staying healthy and playing well is arguably more important than any of the rookies.  good cbs are hard to get and he seems to have the talent to warrant the 1st round pick.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If the Jets thought the only reason Fitzpatrick was any good was because of the OC he would not have been signed to that contract.  No matter what you still have to execute an offense and he did just that last year.  As for relying on the expertise of players or coaches to be successful in this league goes, you could make a long long list of people who would be irrelevant without good people in the organization.

I think there is truth to that. Fitz fits in Gailey's system. I would rate Fitz as between 22-27 independently, but rate him 15-20 for this team and in this system, for this one year. 

From Denvers camp.....lulz

"Situation drill time. The scenario: 43 seconds left in the game, down by two and no timeouts with the ball on the 18 yard line. The object is to run a play and stop the clock for a last second Field Goal attempt with a couple ticks left. No goalposts were harmed during this drill as Brandon McManus didn’t get the nod. So we are talking two simple plays–hand the ball, then take the next snap and spike the ball. Sanchez hands off to C.J. Anderson and then gets the Offense up to the line and set as he turns and looks at the building to watch the clock wind down. I don’t know what he was thinking, because Mark turned back around, took the snap and then took a knee. The entire Defense could not believe what just happened. Taking a knee doesn’t stop the clock. That is the assignment when you want to run out the clock.

They end up running the drill again before Trevor Siemian correctly accomplishes the goal without a hitch. But Paxton Lynch’s rep got taken by Sanchez because there’s the final HORN.

If you are getting nervous about the Broncos Quarterback situation, you aren’t alone. That mental lapse at the end of practice, as well as the second ‘Pick Six’ in as many days gives me a vote of ‘No Confidence’ in Mark Sanchez if he can’t beat out a second-year, 7th round draft pick. I understand that Kubes and Elway are comfortable with the situation, and there is much more to the story, but I’m starting to think that the possibility of Sanchez getting cut is starting to fill out. I am certainly not comfortable with starting the season with 2 Quarterbacks who have Zero snaps in the NFL. This is what I was referring to when I said ‘This is Elway’s gamble’ when he signed Mark Sanchez."

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Is it accurate though? Peyton Manning in the 2nd half of his career threw alot of wobbly passes, but they hit their target. 

Same with Eli at the beginning of his.

As a former QB, it bet money it's mechanical. Touched on this yesterday. Kid threw a pretty spiral his first two years at PSU. Has a slight hitch after last year. Compact it a bit and clean his feet back up and he'll be fine.  Not that it matters tooo much.  Plenty of QB's throw some wobblers. Geno had the same type of hitch his first year and it was fixed by year two and for the most part he throws a pretty ball.  Big Ben doesn't have the tightest spiral.

6 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

How much will each QB play vs Jacksonville? My guess: 

Fitzpatrick: 1 series

Geno: 1st Half, 1st drive of 2nd half 

Petty: 3rd qtr, maybe 1st drive of 4th

Hackenberg: Finish up 4th qtr 

I doubt we see Hack. You wanna give him reps but you don't wanna demoralize him just yet imo with the kinds of throws he's been making.

Archived