You be the GM, please Cut 22 Players from this list

Sarge4Tide

Assuming the Jets keep 4 QB, please cut 22 players total from the list below (select the 22 players you would cut)  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Running Backs / Full Backs (Assuming Bilal Powel and Matt Forte are safe)

• RB Khiry Robinson
    • RB Antoine Smith
    • RB Dominique Williams
    • FB Tommy Bohanon
    • FB Julian Howsare
  2. 2. TE / WRs (Assuming Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, and TE Kellen Davis are safe)

• WR Kenbrell Thompkins
    • WR Charone Peake
    • WR Robby Anderson
    • WR Jeremy Ross
    • WR Jalin Marshall
    • WR Chandler Worthy
    • TE Jace Amaro
    • TE Zach Sudfield
    • TE Brandon Bostick
    • TE Wes Saxton
  3. 3. Offensive Line (Assuming Mangold, Clady, Carpenter, Shell and WInters are safe)

• Breno Giacomini
    • Ben Ijalana
    • Wesley Johnson
    • Brent Qvale
    • Dakota Dozier
    • Craig Watts
    • Mike Liedtke
  4. 4. Defensive Line (Assuming Mo, Sheldon, Williams, McLendon are safe)

• Jarvis Jenkins
    • Deon Simon
    • Lawrence Thomas
    • Mike Catapano
    • Claude Pelon
    • Tarow Barney
  5. 5. Linebackers (Assuming Harris, Mauldin, Henderson, Lee, Jenkins are safe)

• Bruce Carter
    • Trevor Reilly
    • Taiwan Jones
    • Julian Stanford
    • Freddie Bishop
    • Josh Martin
  6. 6. Secondary (Assuming Revis, Skrine, Pryor, and Gilchrist are safe)

• Marcus Williams
    • Dee Milliner
    • Dexter McDougle
    • Justin Burris
    • Darryl Morris
    • Kevin Short
    • Bryson Keeton
    • Rontez Miles
    • Ronald Martin
    • Doug Middleton

26 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Not this Antone Smith.  He's 190lbs.  And he probably wrote his own ticket out of here with the way he played against the Giants.

Is this not the same guy that played FB, then RB for the Falcons? I supposed I could have googled it... whatever, I'm probably wrong. Because it doesn't matter. 

Cut him. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would trade/release Geno (this has been beaten to death, so I won't bother here); release Thompkins

And if he is still on the PUP list after the Philly game, release Breno. Not because his first name rhymes with Geno, but at 5 million for a guy that will likely play in only half the games that is a lot of money especially considering he was a turn style, and his replacements (who are playing in the hardest part of the schedule) did enough to keep us in the running we don't need him, and if they failed we are basically out of it anyway.

Cutting/trading these three players frees up 2.5 spots and saves us like 7 million.

Anybody know if an IR settlement counts against the cap?

I cut Ross, Mcdougle and Thompkins all of which i would have liked to keep....the bigger picture here is we have players who are going to make the team who rent even on the roster yet. Just wait until we start adding players other teams have cut.

I keep reading through these posts about Kellen Davis being cut.  He is not a sexy player but is considered one of the finest blocking TEs in the NFL. I think he is safe.  I also think Sufeld has earned a spot above Amaro.

Davis and Sudfeld between the two of them have like 60 catches in like 9 yrs NFL experience between them...Amaro had 35 catches his rookie year. Unless the Jets are just going to use a TE to block and forego any meaningful production, I'd keep Davis and Amaro. But that's me....honestly, he hasn't played with any of these QBs except Geno...give him some time.

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Is this not the same guy that played FB, then RB for the Falcons? I supposed I could have googled it... whatever, I'm probably wrong. Because it doesn't matter. 

Cut him. 

:lol::lol:

I think they will.  He had a really bad play against the Giants where he was dancing around instead of going for the first down.  That's a cuttable offense.

And I don't think the Jets are cutting TBo.  The coaching staff likes him, even if he doesn't play an important position.  And truth be told, he's a solid receiver out of the backfield, he just doesn't get many opportunities.

Amaro may get it.

9 hours ago, Nick Blitz said:

I'd rather not play a TE at all than play Kellen Davis, it's a sorry state of affairs if he's 'untouchable'. Can anyone think of a worse starting TE in the league? 

Also Tommy Bo, seems like a good dude but does nothing of note playing a largely defunct position, I'd cut him.

Yeah Davis and Sudfeld both suck. I would kick them both to the curb. They cost the Jets a win against Washington fumbling. Amaro and Enunwa are fine and if you need a blocking TE just bring in a guard or tackle. Everyone knows they aren't going to throw to Davis anyway.

9 hours ago, PepPep said:

If the Jets keep 4 QBs they will have to sacrifice on depth at the following positions. Either O-line or LBs or D-line, maybe TE. I don't think they keep less that 6 CBs or less than 4 Safeties. I don't think they cut Bohannon or keep less than 6 WRs. 

So I think guys like R.Miles and R.Martin, McDougle, Bohannon, J.Marshall are safe. The Jets may elect to keep 7 WRs and get rid of Sudfeld. That's my 'bold' prediction. That way Peake, Marshall, Ross and Anderson all make the team. The fact that Enunwa plays a hybrid H-back/WR makes this that much more likely. 

Still, to keep 7 WRs and 4 QBs as well as Bohannon, the Jets will have to cut guys like D.Simon, J.Martin, Julian Stanford, M.Catapano, L.Thomas, C.Watts, T.Jones, etc. I mean, to make it to 53 ALL of those guys will have to go. So its tough decisions coming up. 

I know it may sound silly, but from what I saw of Hack and Petty in preseason, I have much more confidence in cutting Geno than I did just a few weeks ago.  

Sanford should make the team. Inside lineackers are banged up and they need more depth there. Time to start grooming a young guy also. I don't think we keep both J. Marshal and Ross. Seems like overkill as they both do the very same thing. Ross has outplayed marshall so he gets the nod and Marshall goes to the practice squad.

Firstly, this was an absolutely brilliant post that really highlighted the issues.

Secondly, in my cuts, i assumed guys could be PUPed, etc.  

I think generally I am with the obvious.  Not obvious:

QB:  Get rid of Geno however possible.

WR-cut Thompkins, keep Ross, roll the dice on J. Marshall on the PS.  That is subject to MacC having intelligence that another team needs a returner.  I think Ross earned a spot.

That assumes keeping Peake and Anderson

TE-Amaro seems like a turd.  Yes, he had alot of catches his rookie year, but he is not inspiring .  I like Davis and Sudfed with Saxton on the PS.

OL-someone needs to play it  Try and keep Dozier around.  PUP Breno and roll the dice that he returns useful.  Worth the cap spend given our current OL, particularly if we get rid of others who will save cap space.

DL-just the big names please.  Basically, Mauldin and Catapano are 4-3 DEs.

LB-Reilly is done.  Stanford we should find a place for.  Don't know where Carter is.  

CB-just cut Milliner and MacDougle..  Hopeless.

S-toughest choice after WR.   I would try and put Middleton on the PS so we can save Ronald Martin.  I think Gilcrist is on the list of players that they think they can replace on teh cheap.

5 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Don't understand why Mcdougle was cut by so many folks. 

Probably because he's been injured all preseason and people are tired of it. Let's be honest, if the Jets had any sort of solid corners and depth at the position besides Revis, neither Milliner or McDougle would be making this team. 

8 hours ago, Harlemnite1 said:

I cut 23 and it could have been higher if Kellen Davis was on the list. I cut Breno and Milliner and hopefully the Jets will bring some O line help on cut down day. I also cut Kembrell Tompkins and kept both Anderson and Peake.  Winters should be on the list too.

Milliner's contract is fully guaranteed, and he's in the last year of it. He's not going anywhere. Ideally, he plays well enough to sign a nice contract somewhere else next year, and the Jets get a comp pick out of it. 

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

The person who voted to cut Anderson a Pats fan? or they just dont keep up with the team during the preseason?

Lol, really! Robbie Anderson reminds me of Fred Biletnikoff. He's got IT! Whatever IT is. Theismann was really impressed with his hands & how easy he makes the catches look. This guy is a KEEPER & the perfect compliment to Marshall & Decker. Devin Smith should be very afraid because of Anderson. Robbie looks like he can work any part of the field. I don't think he's hyperbole, when he makes plays the entire team gets excited including Bowles. Every preseason teams have guys that you can't help but notice, Robbie Anderson is that guy for the Jets & if you can envision 4 WR sets with Enunwa as the Hback, Marshall, Decker, Anderson, that's a f*cking handful for defenses with no depth in their secondaries. 

Its amazing to me how many WRs come out of college with bad hands. J. Marshall needs to work on his. I bet you that Robbie dropping a ball in camp was rare & then he showed he can do it in games. The Jets brass LOVES this kid & the vets see his potential & it gets them excited. He made that catch along the sidelines vs Skins for a TD look effortless, but when you see the replay, the DB was right there, and not only did he catch it, and make it look easy, he never broke stride. I might be going overboard but I really think Robbie Anderson is going to be SPECIAL for the NY Jets.

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Lol, really! Robbie Anderson reminds me of Fred Biletnikoff. He's got IT! Whatever IT is. Theismann was really impressed with his hands & how easy he makes the catches look. This guy is a KEEPER & the perfect compliment to Marshall & Decker. Devin Smith should be very afraid because of Anderson. Robbie looks like he can work any part of the field. I don't think he's hyperbole, when he makes plays the entire team gets excited including Bowles. Every preseason teams have guys that you can't help but notice, Robbie Anderson is that guy for the Jets & if you can envision 4 WR sets with Enunwa as the Hback, Marshall, Decker, Anderson, that's a f*cking handful for defenses with no depth in their secondaries. 

Its amazing to me how many WRs come out of college with bad hands. J. Marshall needs to work on his. I bet you that Robbie dropping a ball in camp was rare & then he showed he can do it in games. The Jets brass LOVES this kid & the vets see his potential & it gets them excited. He made that catch along the sidelines vs Skins for a TD look effortless, but when you see the replay, the DB was right there, and not only did he catch it, and make it look easy, he never broke stride. I might be going overboard but I really think Robbie Anderson is going to be SPECIAL for the NY Jets.

I got psyched reading this. Ha!!

love August!!

54 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

I got psyched reading this. Ha!!

love August!!

Just go back & look at the WRs that we've watched in the past. Hill fought every ball. Look at the amount of time we wasted on Stephen Hill, who not once in his Jet career made a catch like Robbie did that night.

Full stride, DB right there, plucked the ball over the DBs outstretched arms with his HANDS pulled it right in, kept his feet & scored. It was not a wide open TD. That's exciting as sh*t knowing when the real games start we'll have Marshall/Decker/Enunwa & Forte out of the backfield for defenses to worry about. It's been FOREVER since we've had a guy at that #4 spot that runs good routes & catches the damn ball! Those are the guys that usually are left open when plays break down & Fitz has to scramble a bit.

With his quickness & body control, it's tough to stay in his pocket. He's my offensive BREAK OUT player of the year. The guy we were all looking for last year to take advantage of how good our #1 & #2. It becomes a guessing game if Enunwa is going to stay in & block, slip out into an open space, or if both come off the line. Having great pass blockers like Forte & Powell makes it even tougher for defenses. Screens could be killer with those types of receiving weapons taking defenders with them.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Just go back & look at the WRs that we've watched in the past. Hill fought every ball. Look at the amount of time we wasted on Stephen Hill, who not once in his Jet career made a catch like Robbie did that night.

Full stride, DB right there, plucked the ball over the DBs outstretched arms with his HANDS pulled it right in, kept his feet & scored. It was not a wide open TD. That's exciting as sh*t knowing when the real games start we'll have Marshall/Decker/Enunwa & Forte out of the backfield for defenses to worry about. It's been FOREVER since we've had a guy at that #4 spot that runs good routes & catches the damn ball! Those are the guys that usually are left open when plays break down & Fitz has to scramble a bit.

With his quickness & body control, it's tough to stay in his pocket. He's my offensive BREAK OUT player of the year. The guy we were all looking for last year to take advantage of how good our #1 & #2. It becomes a guessing game if Enunwa is going to stay in & block, slip out into an open space, or if both come off the line. Having great pass blockers like Forte & Powell makes it even tougher for defenses. Screens could be killer with those types of receiving weapons taking defenders with them.

Stop. I'm trying to contain my irrational exuberance that overcomes me at this time of year!!

irrational (adjective): see Jets fans

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

I agree that Anderson has some potential and we should all be excited about him and all of our other young receivers for that matter. I think Devin Smith is going to be alright though we didn't draft him to be the guy who is going to fight for 50/50 balls and run the prettiest route...he was drafted to be the guy who screams down the sideline and makes big plays with his speed. The other Wrs on this team will only make him better by getting the opposing defensive backs tired for him. I think the only person Devin needs to worry about right now is himself as the biggest thing that can bring him down is not healing from his injury and losing a step.

1 hour ago, Shadetree said:

Stop. I'm trying to contain my irrational exuberance that overcomes me at this time of year!!

irrational (adjective): see Jets fans

Ha, ha. I know how u feel. But I just have this strange confidence in this team this year. Obviously these 1st two games are huge but I do like the fact Fitz can actually read a defense, he might not be able to BEAT a defense like Cincy, but at least he has an idea of where the open guy might be. But what if they can start 2-0?

It would take SO MUCH PRESSURE off that trip to KC. Jets could come in loose & ready to play spoiler. I know, I know, one game at a time.

On September 1, 2016 at 1:05 PM, slats said:

Milliner's contract is fully guaranteed, and he's in the last year of it. He's not going anywhere. Ideally, he plays well enough to sign a nice contract somewhere else next year, and the Jets get a comp pick out of it. 

Just because its guranteed does not mean he can't be cut. Either way you are not getting any producing from this guy. If you cut him he's gone get another player in here that can contribute. You keep him he'll either be injured or hurt you with his bad play. Time to cut the cord he'll never amount to anything being on perpetual IR.

Archived