What would the score have been yesterday if that game was played in NE?

ASH1962

75-3 perhaps? You know it would never have been as close as 24-3, BB would have run us out of the USA and into the Atlantic, regardless of who played QB for them. It just amazes me the difference in philosophy between these organizations. NE is like a lego set, whereby you can build any type of strong, sturdy building you wish by simply snapping the pieces into place. Besides Edelman, Gronk, Bennett, and Amendola, name me one other player on that team (either side of the ball and ST's) besides the K and QB that we are familiar with, yet it does not matter, they plug guys in and they win every week and ever year. They never have as much as a bad game for crying out loud. They got killed once by KC, but that was years ago and I believe they never lost again that year and won the SB after that. They know how to scheme the opponents weakness and tailor their game towards exploiting that. What does this team do? Buries their head in the sand ignorantly going into these games totally unprepared it looks like. Sickening, it really is.

On to other happy things....

Rex Ryan (who I think is the biggest buffoon of a HC in the entire NFL) fired his OC, had a team meeting with owners and players go on behind his back, had 10 days off before hosting a potential SB contender and beat the crap out of them. I watched that game and it was never close. They made CP look like an old decrepit QB, and were all over them like flies on $hit. They were prepared, fired up, and ready to play football yesterday. We had 10 days off and looked like we went to the Bahamas. Ridiculous.

Tell me who in the NFL does not know that Andy Reid throws on first down on virtually ever first down play? Todd and Company are the only ones obviously who still do not know that.

Who in the NFL does not know that the NYJ cannot cover a TE? Answer? Everyone. Who in the NY Jet organization knows that the NYJ defense can not over a TE? Answer? Nobody obviously. Especially since they had Calvin Pryor who cannot cover worth a $hit, and old man David Harris running after Kelsey getting toasted all game long. Good thing we drafted 3 speed LB'ers in the last 2 years to cover TE's.

On the final pick 6, #81 had the chance to tackle the interceptor and basically wimped out allowing him to score the TD.

Still cannot rationalize what went on at the end of the first half taking 3 time outs to the locker room. I have said this in several threads but it is still banging me in the head. Someone needs to tell this CS that you can actually score a TD by blocking a punt, regardless of how much time is on the clock. Obviously they did not know that.

When was the last time a Jet player: Scored on ST's? Scored on a pick 6? Scored on a fumble recovery? Scored on a fumbled kickoff return where the ball jumped right in this hands? I have never seen so many easy TD's given to the opponents the way this team gives them. These gift TD's make it so much easier to win games, especially with a questionable QB. We never get those. We never get any defensive breaks at all, if the ball is on the ground, the opponents jump right on it.

Now to the last piece of business. The QB position. I am not and was never a Fitzpatrick fan. I remember after he signed his first big contract in Buffalo, they opened here against us and he threw 5 ints that day I believe. This is what he is, but I cannot understand why. He is a Harvard Graduate. You cannot be an idiot and go to Harvard, yet he put forth the performance worthy of being called an idiot yesterday. I just do not get it. Rookie QB's are lighting the league on fire, yet the 3 last QB's we have drafted cannot play at all? Am I to believe that Bryce or even Geno would come into that game last night and throw pick after pick after pick? Or is it something else? Is it this chicken $hit CS so afraid of everything that they simply refuse to change anything around? I swear to God, I just don't get it. Gotta wonder if these players really had to perform to earn their money like us working stiffs, if this team would have put forth that disgusting effort yesterday all around. We are once again the laughing stock of the NFL after that performance yesterday.

It is September 26 and we already know we have zero chance at a division title. Unreal. Sorry for the long post(s), but I am 54 years old going on 55 and my time on this planet is dwindling. It looks like I will never get to see my Jets in a SB, or god forbid, win one. 

22 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

75-3 perhaps? You know it would never have been as close as 24-3, BB would have run us out of the USA and into the Atlantic, regardless of who played QB for them. It just amazes me the difference in philosophy between these organizations. NE is like a lego set, whereby you can build any type of strong, sturdy building you wish by simply snapping the pieces into place. Besides Edelman, Gronk, Bennett, and Amendola, name me one other player on that team (either side of the ball and ST's) besides the K and QB that we are familiar with, yet it does not matter, they plug guys in and they win every week and ever year. They never have as much as a bad game for crying out loud. They got killed once by KC, but that was years ago and I believe they never lost again that year and won the SB after that. They know how to scheme the opponents weakness and tailor their game towards exploiting that. What does this team do? Buries their head in the sand ignorantly going into these games totally unprepared it looks like. Sickening, it really is.

Rex Ryan (who I think is the biggest buffoon of a HC in the entire NFL) fired his OC, had a team meeting with owners and players go on behind his back, had 10 days off before hosting a potential SB contender and beat the crap out of them. I watched that game and it was never close. They made CP look like an old decrepit QB, and were all over them like flies on $hit. They were prepared, fired up, and ready to play football yesterday. We had 10 days off and looked like we went to the Bahamas. Ridiculous.

Tell me who in the NFL does not know that Andy Reid throws on first down on virtually ever first down play? Todd and Company are the only ones obviously who still do not know that.

Who in the NFL does not know that the NYJ cannot cover a TE? Answer? Everyone. Who in the NY Jet organization knows that the NYJ defense can not over a TE? Answer? Nobody obviously. Especially since they had Calvin Pryor who cannot cover worth a $hit, and old man David Harris running after Kelsey getting toasted all game long. Good thing we drafted 3 speed LB'ers in the last 2 years to cover TE's.

On the final pick 6, #81 had the chance to tackle the interceptor and basically wimped out allowing him to score the TD.

Still cannot rationalize what went on at the end of the first half taking 3 time outs to the locker room. I have said this in several threads but it is still banging me in the head. Someone needs to tell this CS that you can actually score a TD by blocking a punt, regardless of how much time is on the clock. Obviously they did not know that.

When was the last time a Jet player: Scored on ST's? Scored on a pick 6? Scored on a fumble recovery? Scored on a fumbled kickoff return where the ball jumped right in this hands? I have never seen so many easy TD's given to the opponents the way this team gives them. These gift TD's make it so much easier to win games, especially with a questionable QB. We never get those. We never get any defensive breaks at all, if the ball is on the ground, the opponents jump right on it.

Now to the last piece of business. The QB position. I am not and was never a Fitzpatrick fan. I remember after he signed his first big contract in Buffalo, they opened here against us and he threw 5 ints that day I believe. This is what he is, but I cannot understand why. He is a Harvard Graduate. You cannot be an idiot and go to Harvard, yet he put forth the performance worthy of being called an idiot yesterday. I just do not get it. Rookie QB's are lighting the league on fire, yet the 3 last QB's we have drafted cannot play at all? Am I to believe that Bryce or even Geno would come into that game last night and throw pick after pick after pick? Or is it something else? Is it this chicken $hit CS so afraid of everything that they simply refuse to change anything around? I swear to God, I just don't get it. Gotta wonder if these players really had to perform to earn their money like us working stiffs, if this team would have put forth that disgusting effort yesterday all around. We are once again the laughing stock of the NFL after that performance yesterday.

It is September 26 and we already know we have zero chance at a division title. Unreal. Sorry for the long post(s), but I am 54 years old going on 55 and my time on this planet is dwindling. It looks like I will never get to see my Jets in a SB, or god forbid, win one. 

It is difficult to take Rex Ryan seriously............In spite of his foot fetish.

22 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Rex is a better coach than Bowles.

After taking a cocktail of Xanax, valium, an Egg McMuffin and French fries, I have calmed down after the supreme debacle that was Sunday's KC game.

Ok...Rationally now. The defense was on the field all game long in KC but only yielded 10 points. I give them that much, however, they will need to get many more stops if we are to win again before November with what is coming. And by many more stops I mean some quick 3 & outs, not the typical 65 yard drives where the opponents happen to miss a FG or get stuffed on 4th down after travelling the length of the field. Also, how's about a fumble recovery or 2? Maybe a pick 6? I cannot fathom why the ball never bounces into our hands as it did into KC's the other day. Not to mention a ST game changing play or 2.

We will know what this team really is after the next few weeks when we play Sea Ari and Pit. The way I feel now, this could be a really long losing season. Hope I am wrong, but do any of you guys/gals have the slightest faith in this team playing the top teams in the NFL?

48 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

After taking a cocktail of Xanax, valium, an Egg McMuffin and French fries, I have calmed down after the supreme debacle that was Sunday's KC game.

Ok...Rationally now. The defense was on the field all game long in KC but only yielded 10 points. I give them that much, however, they will need to get many more stops if we are to win again before November with what is coming. And by many more stops I mean some quick 3 & outs, not the typical 65 yard drives where the opponents happen to miss a FG or get stuffed on 4th down after travelling the length of the field. Also, how's about a fumble recovery or 2? Maybe a pick 6? I cannot fathom why the ball never bounces into our hands as it did into KC's the other day. Not to mention a ST game changing play or 2.

We will know what this team really is after the next few weeks when we play Sea Ari and Pit. The way I feel now, this could be a really long losing season. Hope I am wrong, but do any of you guys/gals have the slightest faith in this team playing the top teams in the NFL?

We've had plenty of those so far ... just going the wrong way. :-( 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

because you support the jets, lol

Yes and if our head coach supports Fitzpatrick and leaves him another game where he throws 6 INTs maybe Woody Johnson will wake the hell up and hire a football minded coach who's not tagging along on someone else's coat tail like Bowles was on Arians in Arizona. 

Did you see Dan Quinn's Falcons last night. 

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes and if our head coach supports Fitzpatrick and leaves him another game where he throws 6 INTs maybe Woody Johnson will wake the hell up and hire a football minded coach who's not tagging along on someone else's coat tail like Bowles was on Arians in Arizona. 

Football minded?  You're calling for football minded?

Dan Quinn, lol

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

So Arians is a defensive coach now ?  What is the Cardinals record today exactly ?  Which team was supposed to be a serious challenge for the post season ?

Who ran the defense when Bowles was the coordinator ? If it wasn't Arians, then exactly how was Bowles riding the coat tails of Arians ? To my knowledge and recollection, Coach Arians even said that it was because of the Defense that they were able to win as much as they did . The performance of the Zona defense is what got Bowles the opportunity here with the Jets . How exactly did Todd Bowles Ride the coat tail of Arians to the Jets ?

Did I miss interpret anything ?

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

who's not tagging along on someone else's coat tail like Bowles was on Arians in Arizona

5 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Who ran the defense when Bowles was the coordinator ? If it wasn't Arians, then exactly how was Bowles riding the coat tails of Arians ? To my knowledge and recollection, Coach Arians even said that it was because of the Defense that they were able to win as much as they did . The performance of the Zona defense is what got Bowles the opportunity here with the Jets . How exactly did Todd Bowles Ride the coat tail of Arians to the Jets ?

Did I miss interpret anything ?

Ok so Bowles is another defensive minded head coach is that what you are saying.  How many years did Bowles coach under Arians? 

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I have no idea .

After retiring as a player, Bowles was a member of the Green Bay Packers' player personnel staff from 1995–1996. He was the defensive coordinator and secondary coach at Morehouse College in 1997, and the defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach at Grambling State from 1998–1999. He was the defensive backs coach for the New York Jets in 2000, Cleveland Browns in 2004, and Dallas Cowboys from 2005–2007. He was the Browns' defensive nickel package coach from 2001–2003.

Miami Dolphins[edit]

Bowles was hired by the Miami Dolphins as the team's secondary coach and assistant head coach on January 23, 2008. After nearly four seasons as the secondary coach and assistant head coach, he was named the interim head coach on December 12, 2011, following the firing of head coach Tony Sparano. Bowles' first game as interim head coach of the Dolphins came on December 18, on the road against the Buffalo Bills. The Dolphins won the game 30-23. The Dolphins finished 2–1 under Bowles in 2011.

Philadelphia Eagles[edit]

The Philadelphia Eagles hired Bowles as the team's secondary coach on January 30, 2012. The Eagles announced on October 16, 2012 that they dismissed defensive coordinator Juan Castillo from his duties and named Todd Bowles as their new defensive coordinator. Under Bowles, the Eagles finished the season ninth in pass defense and twenty-third in rushing defense.[2]

Arizona Cardinals[edit]

On January 18, 2013, Bowles was hired as defensive coordinator for the Arizona Cardinals. On January 31, 2015, he was voted Associated Press (AP)'s Assistant Coach of the Year for his efforts in the 2014 season.[3] Bowles received 22 of the 50 media members' votes, winning the inaugural award.[4]

New York Jets[edit]

Days after the releasing of Rex Ryan, the New York Jets named Bowles their new head coach and signed him to a 4-year deal on January 14, 2015.[5] On July 28, 2015, it was revealed that Bowles underwent a partial knee replacement surgery. In the 2015-2016 season, the Jets won 10 games under Bowles first year leading the team. [6

Pats fan here: I actually kind of like Bowles.  I think he probably needs more experience on the offensive side of the ball, as well as a couple years of seasoning, but I think he could turn into a solid HC.  I think HCs do need to have some struggles in their first go around before they truly come into their own.  Bill needed to go through the Cleveland experience to become the coach he is today.  I believe Josh McDaniels will be a good HC some day.  Pete Carroll had his adventures with a number of teams, as you well know, before he achieved success in SEA.

What does that mean in the short term for Bowles?  Absolutely nothing.

7 minutes ago, Jared said:

Pats fan here: I actually kind of like Bowles.  I think he probably needs more experience on the offensive side of the ball, as well as a couple years of seasoning, but I think he could turn into a solid HC.  I think HCs do need to have some struggles in their first go around before they truly come into their own.  Bill needed to go through the Cleveland experience to become the coach he is today.  I believe Josh McDaniels will be a good HC some day.  Pete Carroll had his adventures with a number of teams, as you well know, before he achieved success in SEA.

What does that mean in the short term for Bowles?  Absolutely nothing.

Josh McDaniels I was surprised he failed his first head coaching job really surprised

Archived