***JETS SIGN CALVIN PACE - 6 YEARS / $42M ***

DaBrick Wall

The New York Jets have agreed to a six-year, $42 million deal with DE/LB Calvin Pace.

Pace, a five-year Arizona Cardinals veteran. began his career as a defensive end before moving to linebacker in a 3-4 front in 2007.

Pace will receive a $20 million signing bonus, with $22 million of the deal guaranteed.

He chose between offers from the Dolphins and Jets.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3275059

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, looks like they arent thinking Ghoulston at #6. Im a bit concerned now...really hope they deal down, and grab maybe Cromartie and the WR from Indiana...or if they're despirate for a RB, Mendenhall(although, while im beating a dead horse...Johnson will be the best pro)

I like the pick, but Im concerned about what they're thinking in the draft....I dont want McFadden.

Celebrate giving $22M in guarantees to someone with 14 career sacks. Hello Bryan Thomas II. Now we can have the same player rushing from both edges!

Give me a break...we're getting a guy that is heading into his prime

I like this deal better than Fanecas

WOW....they must think really highly of this guy. Unless Barton is cut I have no idea what they plan on doing on draft day. I was thining Gholston all this time but if Pace isn't moving to ILB then who's the odd man out? Thomas/Harris/Barton/Pace doesn't leave much room for Gholston. I'm baffled by this move and unless they intend to take DMC on draft day....I dunno what to say....

Celebrate giving $22M in guarantees to someone with 14 career sacks. Hello Bryan Thomas II. Now we can have the same player rushing from both edges!

pat told calvin people would say that. be patient and keep an open mind. you will like what you see

Our Defense is turning into our strenght

No need for Gholston now.....lets get some PLAY MAKERS

AWESOME JOB TANGINI, AWESOME JOB WOODY

Fired up

i think they will go RB, WR , maybe a secondary guy..

also, i smell them looking at a lower pick QB they76 think is a steal in the 2nd/3rd.,,maybe parley some of the traded picks to grab a sleeper QB,,,who are the QBs out there that mat=y be a steal later in 2nd/3rd?

Give me a break...we're getting a guy that is heading into his prime

I like this deal better than Fanecas

Sounds pretty familiar. Except we already had him last time and re-signed him. I really hope I'm wrong. I never really buy the "players try harder in their contract year" stuff, I just think Pace is one of those players extremely fortunate to have his best season at exactly the right time. Where the hell was he the first four years of his career? Even this year, he didn't even dominate the same way Thomas did last year.

i think they will go RB, WR , maybe a secondary guy..

also, i smell them looking at a lower pick QB they76 think is a steal in the 2nd/3rd.,,maybe parley some of the traded picks to grab a sleeper QB,,,who are the QBs out there that mat=y be a steal later in 2nd/3rd?

The Jets are going to go BPA in the draft. And that will likely be McFadden. There's no excuse not to pick McFadden now.

Sounds pretty familiar. Except we already had him last time and re-signed him. I really hope I'm wrong. I never really buy the "players try harder in their contract year" stuff, I just think Pace is one of those players extremely fortunate to have his best season at exactly the right time. Where the hell was he the first four years of his career? Even this year, he didn't even dominate the same way Thomas did last year.

One thing I am certain of is you probably have never seen him play a down of football, yet you're bitching and moaning about it.

We'll see how this turns out. He was supposed to be a top player once. Well now we're paying him like one so he'd better be.

I'll at least give our FO this much so far this year: they see what they want & they go get it. Even when there's significant competition from other teams for the player, they're letting nothing stand in their way. Nice change.

The Jets are going to go BPA in the draft. And that will likely be McFadden. There's no excuse not to pick McFadden now.

No. There was rumor that Pace could play ILB and we can draft Gholsten to play OLB and we can cut Barton.

Id still prefer Ellis, CLong, Gholston, or trade down over DMC.

One thing I am certain of is you probably have never seen him play a down of football, yet you're bitching and moaning about it.

So you're probably certain about something. I have seen him play; I wasn't really paying specific attention to him. Have you? I just look at the stats and I don't care how people "see him play," he's not worth $42 million and $22 million guaranteed.

Archived