PSL's looking likely

Would rather watch at home, and enjoy the game with my family/friends. If that makes me less of a fan, so be it. However, my way, I get to play golf in the morning, watch the Jets at 1, and the 4pm games of my choice on Sunday Ticket.

I never said you were less of a fan. I was simply pointing out that you said money wasn't a problem and the only reason you gave up your season tickets was because of the drunk/unenjoyable factor.

When the new place opens those unenjoyable fans will be at home watching on TV.

Does it make you feel better to mention that you have a 50" HDTV?

I never said you were less of a fan. I was simply pointing out that you said money wasn't a problem and the only reason you gave up your season tickets was because of the drunk/unenjoyable factor.

When the new place opens those unenjoyable fans will be at home watching on TV.

Does it make you feel better to mention that you have a 50" HDTV?

Nah, because having a 50" HDTV really isn't a great accomplishment.

Nah, because having a 50" HDTV really isn't a great accomplishment.

You have the opportunity to get Jets season tickets again. You should be a happy man.

No more drunks, just people who sit on their hands and tell you to sit down when you are standing up on 3rd and long. That sounds like your kind of scene.

You have the opportunity to get Jets season tickets again. You should be a happy man.

No more drunks, just people who sit on their hands and tell you to sit down when you are standing up on 3rd and long. That sounds like your kind of scene.

And how do you come to that conclusion? I have absolutely no problem with someone getting up and cheering. What I have problems with are drunks doing stupid **** to interupt your enjoyment of the game. Standing and cheering is NOT stupid ****.... Going to the bathroom 5 times during a game.... and then getting up 4 more times to get beer is a problem.

And how do you come to that conclusion? I have absolutely no problem with someone getting up and cheering. What I have problems with are drunks doing stupid **** to interupt your enjoyment of the game. Standing and cheering is NOT stupid ****.... Going to the bathroom 5 times during a game.... and then getting up 4 more times to get beer is a problem.

Seems like you had a bad experience back in the day.

The 3 seconds it takes someone to walk by me in my row really ruins my gameday experience. Especially when those ingrates walk by me during a timeout.

If standing up for a few seconds ruins your day I'm glad you don't go to games anymore.

Since you are rolling in cash I would suggest you buy some PSL's and season tickets. They will be available.

See, that's where aec stops. he's above any commoner who would go to the games. he's too important for that. he's just here fighting the good fight bashing paying customers who are going to get ****ed over when the psl's come. actually, he's obsessed with these threads, and he has no vested interest in them. maybe he's just a dick?

See, that's where aec stops. he's above any commoner who would go to the games. he's too important for that. he's just here fighting the good fight bashing paying customers who are going to get ****ed over when the psl's come. actually, he's obsessed with these threads, and he has no vested interest in them. maybe he's just a dick?

No, I'm not above a soul.

I just don't understand how you equate PSLs to getting screwed over. Please explain. It's a BUSINESS and they have a right to charge what they wish. They are providing a new stadium, that is costing them 800M a piece (if not more). Explain to me how trying to recoup some of that is screwing you over?

No, I'm not above a soul.

I just don't understand how you equate PSLs to getting screwed over. Please explain. It's a BUSINESS and they have a right to charge what they wish. They are providing a new stadium, that is costing them 800M a piece (if not more). Explain to me how trying to recoup some of that is screwing you over?

If you A)have a ****ty product, and B)share your stadium with the defending world champs, how do you have higher psl's and ticket prices than the defending world champs? explain that to me first. I know it's a business, but you become ruthless after you have success. not when you are selling a ****ty product.

PSLs will end the common mans Sunday afternoon at the Meadowlands.The real fans will be replaced by wine sipping sushi eaters.Who will be dressed in Dockers and henleys not give a dam about the score or the outcome of the game.

Tailgating wont be an issue as the elite fans will not want to carry tailgating supplies in the Jaguar or Volvo.

I can afford PSLs but wont join in on this social butterfly affair.

If you A)have a ****ty product, and B)share your stadium with the defending world champs, how do you have higher psl's and ticket prices than the defending world champs? explain that to me first. I know it's a business, but you become ruthless after you have success. not when you are selling a ****ty product.

The PSLs are personal SEAT licenses. The seat licenses are for the stadium, which is NOT going to be a lousy product in itself.

I'm sorry, but when you sell out your stadium, and have 10K waiting list or so, you will sell PSLs. Those PSLs get you more than just rights to Jets games I believe.

And who the heck said the PSLs will be higher than the Giants? I'd be shocked if the figure is not identical.

PSLs will end the common mans Sunday afternoon at the Meadowlands.The real fans will be replaced by wine sipping sushi eaters.Who will be dressed in Dockers and henleys not give a dam about the score or the outcome of the game.

Tailgating wont be an issue as the elite fans will not want to carry tailgating supplies in the Jaguar or Volvo.

Have PSLs ended this for the other teams in the NFL that had them? Nope.

You know what's going to happen? Corporations / ticket brokers are going to get the tickets, and you'll be able to buy individual games.

The PSLs are personal SEAT licenses. The seat licenses are for the stadium, which is NOT going to be a lousy product in itself.

I'm sorry, but when you sell out your stadium, and have 10K waiting list or so, you will sell PSLs. Those PSLs get you more than just rights to Jets games I believe.

And who the heck said the PSLs will be higher than the Giants? I'd be shocked if the figure is not identical.

Technically it would be called a HPSL. The H being for half because that is all they can legally sell you.

Another man's a$$ is in your seat. It just ain't right!

Technically it would be called a HPSL. The H being for half because that is all they can legally sell you.

Another man's a$$ is in your seat. It just ain't right!

At least he won't be sitting in your seat when you're already sitting in it, although BP and Boob the Jets fan may enjoy that arrangement.

Ah, so I see you're posting/whining in a thread that you don't have all the info on. shocking!

Did you read about the Giants raising ticket prices? well when they did we all noticed that the Giants tickets were cheaper than the Jets tickets. did you know that? are you shocked? :lol: now since that is the case, what makes you(the all knowing law giver) think the psl's will be different?

At least he won't be sitting in your seat when you're already sitting in it, although BP and Boob the Jets fan may enjoy that arrangement.

You have the sense of humor of a dead mule carcass. and I see you just can't let go of your stalking of Bob the jets fan

aec4 does not own season tickets. but like a dung beetle is attracted to elephant ****. look who's posted in this thread doing all the whining.

Who Posted?

Total Posts: 51

User Name Posts

aec4 15

Gainzo 7

BP 5

KSJets 4

Max 3

124 3

Smizzy 2

Brenjetsfan 2

strange_andy 1

Arsis 1

joiseyjet 1

Bugg 1

war ensemble 1

bitonti 1

Barton 1

BwanaZulia 1

shawn306 1

JETSFAN5180 1

:bwahaharoll:

a psl or whatever they decide to call it has no laws or rules behind it. The Jets dont have to offer anything more than the opportunity to purchase tickets to see the jets. They can decide what perks and benefits come with the PSL purchase.

Thats it.

The Columbus Blue Jackets (in the NHL if you dont watch hockey) have a very restrictive psl program

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=NHLPage&bcid=are_psl_qa

PSL Question & Answer 1. What is a Personal Seat License?

A Personal Seat License (PSL) provides the buyer with a license to purchase NHL season tickets, including the restricted right to transfer the PSL. One hundred percent of the funds raised from the sale of PSLs go to developing and maintaining Nationwide Arena.

2. May a PSL be held in more than one name?

No. For joint seats (e.g. Mr. and Mrs. John Brown), separate applications should be sent in the same envelope, or the total number of PSLs can be held in the name of one person.

3. Can I transfer my PSL? Will the Blue Jackets ever buy back my PSL

You may transfer your PSL to another person or company at anytime. All transfers are subject to a $100 transfer fee and completion of the proper transfer paperwork by both parties involved. The Blue Jackets do not buy back any PSLs.

4. Is group seating available?

Yes. Fans wishing to sit together may apply for a block of seats. All block member PSL Applications must be mailed in the same envelope, and each applicant must designate the same PSL area. All block members will be seated as close together as the seating configuration will allow.

5. What happens if I fail to purchase my season tickets?

You forfeit your PSL and all payments. In order to keep your PSL, you are required to renew the season tickets for that PSL each year. No PSL money will ever be refunded.

11. Once I have a specific seat location, can I ever relocate or upgrade my seats?
Yes. Each year, you will have the opportunity to upgrade or relocate your seats at the Select-A-Seat Open House. At this event, all available seating locations will be tagged as open. If you find a seat location you would like to move to, you can do so at that time. If you do not find a new location, you are under no obligation to move your seats and may retain your current location. For more details on the Open House,
click here

12. If I change seat locations, what happens to the money I have paid into my PSL?

If you upgrade to a seating area in which the PSLs are more expensive, you will simply pay the difference between the two price levels. If you downgrade to an area in which the PSLs are less expensive, any leftover money paid towards the PSL is lost and cannot be refunded.

13. What are my payment options for the PSL and season tickets?

You may pay for your PSL all at once or you may spread the cost of the PSL into equal installments over five years. If you choose to spread the payments out, you will be invoiced each year for the cost of the season tickets and 1/5 of the PSL cost. There are three payment options available when purchasing new season tickets. For more information on those options,
click here

14. Does having a PSL for the Blue Jackets give me access to other events at Nationwide Arena?

For most events that come to Nationwide Arena, we will offer you the opportunity to participate in a presale to purchase tickets to those events before they go on sale to the public, guaranteeing you a great seat for shows that often sell out. We are at the discretion of the promoter for each show as to whether a presale will be offered and what seats will be available in the presale. You will not be able to sit in your Blue Jackets PSL seats for other events at Nationwide Arena. All presale notifications are sent via email.

We might be lucky and get an opportunity to purchase tickets to other events. No guarantees. Not your seat. Just a chance.

Ah, so I see you're posting/whining in a thread that you don't have all the info on. shocking!

Did you read about the Giants raising ticket prices? well when they did we all noticed that the Giants tickets were cheaper than the Jets tickets. did you know that? are you shocked? :lol: now since that is the case, what makes you(the all knowing law giver) think the psl's will be different?

You have the sense of humor of a dead mule carcass. and I see you just can't let go of your stalking of Bob the jets fan

aec4 does not own season tickets. but like a dung beetle is attracted to elephant ****. look who's posted in this thread doing all the whining.

:bwahaharoll:

In all seriousness, do you ever add anything worthwhile to a thread? Every one of your posts here is an insult. Typical New York/NJ response... if you do not like what the other is saying, you say STFU... great reply.

Debate the merits, or is that too tough for you. Explain to me why it's not OK for them to have PSLs? You may disagree, but it's not your business. TIME will tell if they work out or if the stadium is 1/2 sold out...

In spite of all the back biting, this has been an interesting thread.

I can't but wonder how long it will be before the NFL kills the "golden goose" The idea of a PSL is really silly. Pay a huge fee, for the RIGHT to give the NFL more money. Wow

Did I read in this thread that tickets to see the 4-12 Jets are more expensive then the Super Bowl winning Giants? Wow

There has to be a breaking point. From what I'm reading some of you guys are going to have to give up seats that has been in family 30+ years. That's wrong.

I see a very bad storm on the horizon for the NFL.

ehhhh, i'll still be dragging kegs and loose women to my tailgates, lol

In spite of all the back biting, this has been an interesting thread.

I can't but wonder how long it will be before the NFL kills the "golden goose" The idea of a PSL is really silly. Pay a huge fee, for the RIGHT to give the NFL more money. Wow

Did I read in this thread that tickets to see the 4-12 Jets are more expensive then the Super Bowl winning Giants? Wow

There has to be a breaking point. From what I'm reading some of you guys are going to have to give up seats that has been in family 30+ years. That's wrong.

I see a very bad storm on the horizon for the NFL.

Some seats are lower for the Jets (the bad ones). The entire mezz is higher for the Jets. I believe the total ticket prices for the Jets are higher than the Giants.

That is just scary!

Unfortunately this is the world we live in..new stadium, increased costs, different clientele going to games. In the NY/NJ area the tickets will always be sold and the teams know that so they can basically do whatever they want. As a long time season ticket holder, once it is hard to justify the cost will still be a fan and just hit games when I can. Not the end of the world

Unfortunately this is the world we live in..new stadium, increased costs, different clientele going to games. In the NY/NJ area the tickets will always be sold and the teams know that so they can basically do whatever they want. As a long time season ticket holder, once it is hard to justify the cost will still be a fan and just hit games when I can. Not the end of the world

They may sell out the tix. but all those corp. types are not going to be buying the $200 jerseys and all the other Merch. that the long time fan used to the , I went to the Taste Of The NFL laste year & spent almost $4,000, plus I gave Mr. T. the idea that he ended up suggesting and it raised the most cash for 1 single bid on close to $13,000 ,funny I had an inquiry yesterday about comming back this year ,& I told them thanks to the upcomming PSL bill, NO WAY!

4H that is the way I view it- I will watch games at a bar and go to some games if I can live and on the road.

Woody is going to charge what he can because he knows that we have an emotional vested interest in the Jets.

It doesn't matter if the team sucks every year and for the better part of the past 40 years they have. The fans still come, there is still a season ticket waiting list for his product.

That is the problem. So many of us here who are or were season ticket holders hold a very emotional attachement to this team for whatever reason.

That emotional attachment can cloud a person's judgement. $10,000 a seat for anything is alot of coin in today's economy for entertainment. Alot of people are struggling right now to make ends meet and yet some of those folks will drop the money because no matter what, they are there.

Bottom line is this...You as a fan have a choice. You either pay or you don't. I totally understand why alot of people wouldn't pay. I could see this coming when they were talking about the WSS and I had made up my mind that if they introduced PSL's then I was out. There are more important things in life than Jets football. They gave me 20 years of fun, 20 years of heartbreak, 20 years of disgust and disdain but I enjoyed it. Does it make me any less of a Jets fan. No. My room is still painted green and white. I still DVD every game, I still where the jersey even down here in Panthers country. I still drop a couple of hundred for NFL Sunday Ticket. I'm a Jets fan and always will be until the day they drop my ashes in the Atlantic Ocean.

If you go and buy the PSL's, Great, god bless you and hopefully the Jets bring home a Super Bowl.

Just remember folks you do have a choice.

In all seriousness, do you ever add anything worthwhile to a thread? Every one of your posts here is an insult. Typical New York/NJ response... if you do not like what the other is saying, you say STFU... great reply.

Debate the merits, or is that too tough for you. Explain to me why it's not OK for them to have PSLs? You may disagree, but it's not your business. TIME will tell if they work out or if the stadium is 1/2 sold out...

Um yeah, you started with the insults on me and Bob, hypocrite. I don't have a problem with the psl's, and I understand them. but we are the only team in the nfl that shares a stadium. so why would our psl's be astronomical if two parties are paying for the stadium? price gouging is what it is.

Woody is going to charge what he can because he knows that we have an emotional vested interest in the Jets.

It doesn't matter if the team sucks every year and for the better part of the past 40 years they have. The fans still come, there is still a season ticket waiting list for his product.

That is the problem. So many of us here who are or were season ticket holders hold a very emotional attachement to this team for whatever reason.

That emotional attachment can cloud a person's judgement. $10,000 a seat for anything is alot of coin in today's economy for entertainment. Alot of people are struggling right now to make ends meet and yet some of those folks will drop the money because no matter what, they are there.

Bottom line is this...You as a fan have a choice. You either pay or you don't. I totally understand why alot of people wouldn't pay. I could see this coming when they were talking about the WSS and I had made up my mind that if they introduced PSL's then I was out. There are more important things in life than Jets football. They gave me 20 years of fun, 20 years of heartbreak, 20 years of disgust and disdain but I enjoyed it. Does it make me any less of a Jets fan. No. My room is still painted green and white. I still DVD every game, I still where the jersey even down here in Panthers country. I still drop a couple of hundred for NFL Sunday Ticket. I'm a Jets fan and always will be until the day they drop my ashes in the Atlantic Ocean.

If you go and buy the PSL's, Great, god bless you and hopefully the Jets bring home a Super Bowl.

Just remember folks you do have a choice.

Generally speaking emotional attachments are bad.

I heard from someone who knows someone that works with someone who's mailman delivers for a guy who works in the Giants organization, and I heard we're gonna have hefty PSL's.

I know him, we play poker on Wednesdays, He cheats, don't listen to a word he says. How does a guy have 7 aces in a game of 5 card draw?

Archived