New Yankee Stadium and Citi Field Construction Thread

Morrissey

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That explains it! As you can see, I've been taking the bus more than the subway lately. :)

I am more excited about the station at the meadowlands... but this one at yankee is good too...

I cannot wait to take the train to Grand Central... spend the morning in NY... part of the day if its a 4pm game... and then hop on a train from Penn Station right to the game... then trains back home... ahh... little to no driving... compared to hours of it...

Wow, CITI Field is tiny. Looks like a stadium for a small market team. :confused:

The New Yankee stadium is awesome!

Citi will only hold about 42,000... Shea- 57,333.

Citi is a much smaller footprint than shea... shea was a multi-purpose stadium... citi isnt.

New Yankee (House that Jeter built)- 52,325 including standing room

Old Yankee-(House that Ruth Built)- 56,886

Citi will only hold about 42,000... Shea- 57,333.

Citi is a much smaller footprint than shea... shea was a multi-purpose stadium... citi isnt.

New Yankee (House that Jeter built)- 52,325 including standing room

Old Yankee-(House that Ruth Built)- 56,886

OK?

what? I was confirming for you that Citi is smaller.

MY ex b/f ( a mets fan, the poor soul) in METS fan fashion said that it's smaller so that everyone can have a great view of the game. He claims the size and design eliminates the "bad seats" factor. I call BS.

MY ex b/f ( a mets fan, the poor soul) in METS fan fashion said that it's smaller so that everyone can have a great view of the game. He claims the size and design eliminates the "bad seats" factor. I call BS.

The stadium is smaller to ensure a good crowd every game that buys their tickets in advance. With Shea, you could reasonably expect to walk up to the ticket office day of game and get tickets. With a reduced capacity, you can charge a higher price, and the advance sales will be greater due to the "scarcity" of tickets.

If I know I have a chance of being shutout of tickets for a weekend game in June, I will buy online ASAP. With Shea, I could wait until day of game- no advance money, no ticket fees, no guarantees for the team on the size of the crowd.

This scenario is not for the short term- obviously they will sell pretty good the first few years... its once you get past the 5 year mark... thats when you need whats called "forced demand, or sometimes called false demand." If fans perceive a lack of availability they will buy guaranteeing money to the team.

The Mets did their homework and realized it was more important to get crowds over 40,000 consistently than it was to get 50,000+ crowds occassionally. Obviously the Yankees dont have this issue since they have a larger fan base and more loyal fans.

1639674393_0935b5d32e.jpg?v=0

2278823330_cb237e016d.jpg?v=0

Pretty sure that's the type architecture the Yankees where going for. Pretty original if you ask me, for a baseball stadium.

The Mets on the other hand decided to go with exposed steel/brick look that most teams decided to go with the last 15 years . It's nice, but not original.

Archived