NFL TEAM ALLEGIANCE - OPEN ENROLLMENT

The Gun Of Bavaria

SERIOUSLY?

You're whining about being a Celtics fan???? :bwahaharoll:

Come on man, you're comparing apples to oranges.

The Celtics have 17 NBA Titles (1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008) and 20 Conference Titles (1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 2008)

The Jets have 1 Super Bowl Title, 4 Division Titles (If you include AFL stats) and haven't sniffed a Super Bowl since.

I know, thank you for pointing out my team's total dominance. :):cheers:

I'm too old to apply, but screw you guys, I have switched to the Giants. I only hope it sticks. My friends told me yesterday to make a clean break, stop with anything Jets related. They didn't suggest another team to root for, but they seemed genuinely sincere that I quit being a Jets fan. Everyone knows how hardcore of a Jets fan I am...and I guess everyone saw how bad that last comical loss was. Can I really leave? I hope so...

I've bled green since day one. This is absurd. They've returned to a laughingstock. Something's fundamentally wrong with the organization and no one, from ownership on down, should be trusted to make any decision that's going to turn anything around. I'm going to be a Jets fan until I die but I suggest anyone with any sense to not spend another day rooting for this team. They are pathetic!

The franchise is cursed. Joe Willie traded everything for that SB win. I truly believe this.

I've joked about it in the past, but I'm really starting to feel guilty about my intentions of raising my son as a Jets fan.

He's 2 1/2 and loves to wear his Cotchery jersey on gameday, but thankfully, the lad doesn't yet understand why Daddy changes all shades of red as he tries to hold back from spouting profanities at the television set.

Don't do it. I wouldn't. I have girls so I'm not forced with the decision, but I swear I'd make my kids Giants fans..

[THIS THREAD IS DEDICATED TO Bugg, WHO CAME UP WITH THE IDEA]

MEMORANDUM

TO: All Current N.Y. Jets Fans Under The Age of 25

SUBJECT: NFL TEAM ALLEGIANCE - OPEN ENROLLMENT

DATE: 12.22.2008

To All Fans Of The N.Y. Jets Under The Age of 25:

You are hereby authorized by us, the idiots who have gotten Jets tattoos on their arms and/or spent countless amounts of their hard earned money on season tickets, parking and concessions, to immediately renounce your allegiance to the N.Y. Jets and select another NFL Team without penalty, insult, or general bad feelings otherwise.

While countless generations of us have succumb to the pond scum sucking likes of Hess, Johnson, Walton, Kotite, Edwards, & Mangini, et. al., it is our hope to prevent further sullying of the NFL fan gene pool and allow you to escape while there is still time.

Save yourselves and use the coming off-season to seriously contemplate your options out there. Think closer to home if you're not a native New Yorker and to those of you in the NJ/NY area who could obviously never turn to the Giants, contemplate a NFC team like the Packers or another NFL team based upon tradition.

Signed,

Misery.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

If this is really the way you feel, **** off.

No need to share your weakness with the rest of the world.

If you're talking about pizzas I might agree, although the jury is still out...

If I ordered a pepperoni pizza from Mangini's pizza he would send out his best delivery boy favre who would then go out and proceed to deliver my pizza to my next door neighbor.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

If this is really the way you feel, **** off.

No need to share your weakness with the rest of the world.

YOU ARE THE GREATEST JETS FAN IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD.

WITHOUT YOU, THE JETS WOULD BE UNABLE TO OPERATE AS FRANCHISE.

DUE TO YOUR AWESOME 'FANHOOD", MODELLS IS ABLE LARGE QUANTITIES OF JETS GOODS AT HIGH PRICES.

THANKS TO YOUR DEDICATION TO THE JETS, WOODY CAN SELL ALL THE PSLs HE WANTS BECAUSE YOU'RE JUST THE GREATEST JETS FAN TO EVER ROOT FOR THE JETS.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Just a FYI: There's plenty of room on the Steelers bandwagon. ;)

I'm sure for those that truly hate the Giants and don't want to make that switch, or who have only lived in NY and don't have any other teams to root for, that would work, but I just don't see that for the majority of the board. For me, since I lived out in San Diego for 3 years, the Chargers are a natural choice, as are the Giants since I've spent all but those 3 years living in NY, and have seen virtually every Giants game in that time span. For most Jets fans, and I suspect for most Giants fans too, there really isn't too much of a difference switching an allegiance because you can really have an interest in both, it's just you favor one over the other. They aren't actually in competition with each other.

Archived