The forums have been upgraded...What's new?

Maxman

We just finished the first pass of the new skin. The new version of the forum works slightly differently. You will see some changes but they are all aimed at improving the user experience. A lot of functionality no longer requires a new page to load. For example when you reach the bottom of the page when browsing forum topics, you can select, "View More Topics" and they load automatically. This allows you to view everything on one page.

You will also see that the notification system is different. On the top right of the screen you now have two icons for Notifications and Messenger. They used to be combined, you will now receive separate alerts for each one.

If you go into My Settings: http://forums.jetnat...usercp&tab=core You can configure your:

• Photo (avatar)
  • About me page
  • Personal info
  • Signature
  • Notification alerts: When and how you receive them
  • Ignore settings

and more....

There is a new and improved Calendar and Gallery. We will be adding events soon into the calendar and also will be uploading game day photos (mostly tailgating) into the gallery soon.

The Chat Room now has a 250 user license. So it is a fun place to hang out with other Jets fans on game day! All registered members of the site can also create their own Blog. We would love to hear your thoughts on the Jets.

Some other near term improvements are the virtual bookie forum, that will be back online soon. And the arcade is being upgraded shortly as well.

Finally we are also working on:

1. Creating a green Default mobile skin
  2. JetNation Mobile apps (iPhone and Android)

Please let us know what you think by posting in our feedback forum. We listen to everything you say, and it you have a suggestion that we can implement we will.

Thank you and Go Jets!!!

Edit: I should have had mentioned this originally but thank you to Phinhater for the new skin! Much appreciated.

We just finished the first pass of the new skin. The new version of the forum works slightly differently. You will see some changes but they are all aimed at improving the user experience. A lot of functionality no longer requires a new page to load. For example when you reach the bottom of the page when browsing forum topics, you can select, "View More Topics" and they load automatically. This allows you to view everything on one page.

You will also see that the notification system is different. On the top right of the screen you now have two icons for Notifications and Messenger. They used to be combined, you will now receive separate alerts for each one.

If you go into My Settings: http://forums.jetnat...usercp&tab=core You can configure your:

• Photo (avatar)
  • About me page
  • Personal info
  • Signature
  • Notification alerts: When and how you receive them
  • Ignore settings

and more....

There is a new and improved Calendar and Gallery. We will be adding events soon into the calendar and also will be uploading game day photos (mostly tailgating) into the gallery soon.

The Chat Room now has a 250 user license. So it is a fun place to hang out with other Jets fans on game day! All registered members of the site can also create their own Blog. We would love to hear your thoughts on the Jets.

Some other near term improvements are the virtual bookie forum, that will be back online soon. And the arcade is being upgraded shortly as well.

Finally we are also working on:

1. Creating a green Default mobile skin
  2. JetNation Mobile apps (iPhone and Android)

Please let us know what you think by posting in our feedback forum. We listen to everything you say, and it you have a suggestion that we can implement we will.

Thank you and Go Jets!!!

What's the ETA on the Android app?

Bring jetnation to my android!!

Agreed, mine too. We will be working on things like that this weekend. Not sure of the exact timing but we will have an update soon. We are going with an actual JetNation app for both the iPhone and Android.

My jetnetion is broken.... What have I done! Lol

Are you still on the old skin? I forced everyone over to the new one, let me know if you aren't seeing an updated site. If not actually hit ctrl - f5 to clear your cache and then you should be okay.

Will you be getting the favicon back? It's showing the one from the software.

Bob here is the truth about the Favicon. I did that last night and it didn't work. So the good news is that I will now getting somebody who is actually smart to do it so it should be resolved soon!

Are you still on the old skin?  I forced everyone over to the new one, let me know if you aren't seeing an updated site.  If not actually hit ctrl - f5 to clear your cache and then you should be okay.

Still broken... as a guest I can view the new style... once I log in it is all messed up... what have I done... lol

I like the look..

What is actually new though? I'm not trying to be a dick but it doesnt seem like anything is actually new, just different looking and in different places.

Also, how do you post videos?

Not sure how to answer the comment about new vs different. Basically things have been streamlined a bit, so they are in different places. I guess I get what you are saying about new...the underlying code -- a lot of that is new which should make things faster and easier. Especially on game day!

Posting videos? Hmmmm let me test it:

Good decision. Looks great so far - will add constructive feedback (if any) to the forum.

Hey I appreciate that. Especially knowing what you do...trust me when I say we are open to it. Definitely appreciate when it is a little bit more detailed than just it blows monkeys. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Did you clear your cache?  If so delete the JetNation cookie (Crusher stay out of this)....

I can open a ticket with IPB if needed.

Deleted everything... and if I log out and view as a guest everything is fine... tried in firefox... ie...and my android phone... same results...

Not sure how to answer the comment about new vs different. Basically things have been streamlined a bit, so they are in different places. I guess I get what you are saying about new...the underlying code -- a lot of that is new which should make things faster and easier. Especially on game day!

Posting videos? Hmmmm let me test it:

Well that a bonus, I like some of the altercations to the same features, I guess nothing seems actually brand new per say.

And I'm at work so cant see if the video worked but how would you go about posting is what I was looking for.

Well that a bonus, I like some of the altercations to the same features, I guess nothing seems actually brand new per say.

And I'm at work so cant see if the video worked but how would you go about posting is what I was looking for.

Was just looking at the same thing myself. If it's a youtube video just posting the full link will have the video automatically embedded. Otherwise it looks like the tags are [ media] [ /media]

Hey I appreciate that. Especially knowing what you do...trust me when I say we are open to it. Definitely appreciate when it is a little bit more detailed than just it blows monkeys. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

First thing I would do is add the magnifying glass back to the "go" button on the site search (top right). It was there yesterday, now its gone.

Second, you need some sort of link back over to http://www.jetnation.com/ because at the moment there is no clear user path back to the main site. This link should probably be in the upper left. Even if its in that grey bar above your logo - and it looks like this:

<— Back to JetNation.com Home Page

Also, I LOVE the AJAX-y notification that there was a new reply posted while I'm typing my own reply. That is an awesome new feature that the mafia tards will love.

Archived