Haloti Ngata vs. Colin Baxter...

Latinlawyer

When I thought of Haloti Ngata vs. Colin Baxter, I though of Mike Tyson vs. Marvis Frazier....did you guys see that fight? Mike Tyson ate him up alive.

What are your thoughts of that upcoming matchup?

Ngata v. Baxter - The Bore in Baltimore???!?!??

Maybe the Jets should look into picking up a veteran, I don't forsee Baxter holding up too long against Ngata....

LL

I think they play Ngata at DE. Anyway, double teams with RB support are typically the way teams handle mismatches. I guess double TE sets and quick drops, too. The Jets will play small ball v the Ravens unless they want to replicate the Titans approach (The Ravens were down two starting CBs this week).

Schotty never does what I expect him to do.

I think Baxter is young with a lot of upside and he did great on 4-1/2 plays, and he just needs more coaching and he can be a beast, turn the corner, I'm not ready to give up on him he's just inexperienced.

You may alter the previous sentence by replacing the name "Baxter" with "Sanchez" "Wilson" "Ducasse" or "McKnight", thereby eliminating the need to post anything critical about Jets players.

When I thought of Haloti Ngata vs. Colin Baxter, I though of Mike Tyson vs. Marvis Frazier....did you guys see that fight? Mike Tyson ate him up alive.

What are your thoughts of that upcoming matchup?

Ngata v. Baxter - The Bore in Baltimore???!?!??

Maybe the Jets should look into picking up a veteran, I don't forsee Baxter holding up too long against Ngata....

LL

Stop whining

Your whining is getting out of control.

Huh ?

Sorry to disturb your cozy bubble. All is well and there is nothing to worry about. Carry on!

P.S: Let us know how Hunter will suddenly improve and Baxter will hold up Ngata. Thanks in advance.

i agree that you people are right to be concerned about Sanchez life expediency with the way Hunter is playing. What's really weird here is that the guy played really well in the playoffs last season.

He's an 8 year vet. He shouldn't be embarrassing himself this badly. Hopefully he'll snap back into it. There probably isn't anyone out there any better. Vlad's not ready. he better

Rex will program the Terminator to obliterate Haloti.. :character0293:

incidentally, I wonder if some of our running woes can be attributed to the loss of T-Rich.. I haven't been watching closely enough but is Term doing well?

Honestly, I barely see him in the games. It seems like we've been running out of more single back sets than using the lead blocker.

As far as this thread is concerned. I have man crush on Ngata...that is all.

Honestly, I barely see him in the games. It seems like we've been running out of more single back sets than using the lead blocker.

As far as this thread is concerned. I have man crush on Ngata...that is all.

He started the season injured. I suspect that's why his reps have been limited. He touched the ball last week, so I suspect we'll start seeing more of him

Ngata is an awesome player but let's not overrate what he does. He plugs the run and makes like 4 sacks a year. I was a huge Ngata fan when he was coming out in 2006 but it's not like he's Warren Sapp. He's a very very good DT but the Jets don't have to win that matchup to win the game. Last year it was Ngata vs Matt Slauson and the Jets lost by a point.

Ngata is an awesome player but let's not overrate what he does. He plugs the run and makes like 4 sacks a year. I was a huge Ngata fan when he was coming out in 2006 but it's not like he's Warren Sapp. He's a very very good DT but the Jets don't have to win that matchup to win the game. Last year it was Ngata vs Matt Slauson and the Jets lost by a point.

Yeah, he's only the best defensive player in the league...no biggie. lol

In all seriousness though, we need 14 pts to win the game. Flacco sucks. Shut down Ray Rice and that offense is doodoo. He's scared to throw the ball over 10 yards. Our defense should smoke them out easily. That Steelers game was anomaly that happened in week 1.

Oakland first, which wont be easy...but we should be able to shut down both offenses very easy and it all starts with shutting down the RB, which we typically do well. Boldin cant get open on Revis and neither can anyone the Raiders.

Everyday. Revis completely shuts down an opponent's #1 passing threat. No individual defensive player has that ability.

I wouldnt...but I live by the build inside out philosophy. I bet the Eagles wish they did that...their defense sucks and they have 3 supposed shut down corners. You win an lose gamses at the LOS. Shutting down a WR is nice, but their are other players to defend. Like Jason Witten and Miles Austin.

I wouldnt...but I live by the build inside out philosophy. I bet the Eagles wish they did that...their defense sucks and they have 3 supposed shut down corners. You win an lose gamses at the LOS. Shutting down a WR is nice, but their are other players to defend. Like Jason Witten and Miles Austin.

Rex Ryan buys in to the outside in philosophy.

Rex Ryan buys in to the outside in philosophy.

I'd be curious to know if he truly does. I mean, he inherited Revis and healthy Kris Jenkins who Rex loved and we all thought we couldnt win without.

I mean, he definitely took Wilson late last year, but I doubt he'd have passed on JPP if he was there...and this year, first 2 picks were trenches players.

I'm not sure I buy that about him. This was guy who came into the league as a defensive line coach, who believs in the ground and pound and who wants to send a lot of exotic blitzes. While I get that a great corner allows him to that, a great NT allows you to actually get to the QB.

I'd be interested to know his stance there...wonder if he talks about type of stuff in his book?

While I get that a great corner allows him to that, a great NT allows you to actually get to the QB.

a great NT helps you more on 3rd and 1 than 3rd and 9. Revis is an instant double coverage in 1 man it creates all sorts of opportunities in the secondary. every week that goes by it's more a passing league than a running league... that's why Revis is the best, he's a beast in the pass game.

a great NT helps you more on 3rd and 1 than 3rd and 9. Revis is an instant double coverage in 1 man it creates all sorts of opportunities in the secondary. every week that goes by it's more a passing league than a running league... that's why Revis is the best, he's a beast in the pass game.

So you're taking Revis over Ngata? And Ngata is more than just a NT, you know that.

And to my point above, while its great that Revis shuts down 1 guy, there's typically 4 others that can catch as well. And guys like Witten and Miles destroy you to use the Cowboy game as an example.

Ngata does more for a D IMO, he allows you to hit the Qb...a lot...all the while making it near impossible to run on.

So you're taking Revis over Ngata? And Ngata is more than just a NT, you know that.

yes and yes. Like I said I was a huge Ngata fan coming out of Oregon. But he's not really as impactful as Revis.

put it another way I'd take Revis over Ware too. Demarcus Ware is a beastly pass rusher... but they can chip and double Ware or throw it quick or run a screen or something... there's nothing another team can do about Revis, except not challenge him.

And to my point above, while its great that Revis shuts down 1 guy, there's typically 4 others that can catch as well. And guys like Witten and Miles destroy you to use the Cowboy game as an example.

the Boys are strong... most teams dont have 3 top targets on offense. Most teams have 1 guy that QB loves to throw to in a tight situation. Like the Houston Texans or the Detroit Lions for example. Revis takes that security blanket away.

yes and yes. Like I said I was a huge Ngata fan coming out of Oregon. But he's not really as impactful as Revis.

This is where I disagree. Someone whos in the trenches is more impactful then a CB because hes disrupting every play, not just pass plays.

put it another way I'd take Revis over Ware too. Demarcus Ware is a beastly pass rusher... but they can chip and double Ware or throw it quick or run a screen or something... there's nothing another team can do about Revis, except not challenge him.

Again, disagree. And there's no right or wrong answer. I'm just curious what fans value more. To me its a guy who impacts both run plays and pass plays. That said guys like Ngata, Wilfork, Ware, Matthews...are guys I'd probably take over Revis. Not to say they are better, thats just how I'd build a team.

the Boys are strong... most teams dont have 3 top targets on offense. Most teams have 1 guy that QB loves to throw to in a tight situation. Like the Houston Texans or the Detroit Lions for example. Revis takes that security blanket away.

Meh, every team has a 2nd and third option. You use Houston...Owens, Jones are very solid passing options on a power running team. Detriot has CJ, Burrleson, Best out of the backfield and Pettigrew and Schefler...lots of passing options. Most teams have more than 1 options these days...come'on bro. Hell TE's are virtually WR's nowadays ala Keller.

Meh, every team has a 2nd and third option. You use Houston...Owens, Jones are very solid passing options on a power running team. Detriot has CJ, Burrleson, Best out of the backfield and Pettigrew and Schefler...lots of passing options. Most teams have more than 1 options these days...come'on bro. Hell TE's are virtually WR's nowadays ala Keller.

you don't want to go to your 3rd option with the game on the line. there's a reason why James Jones gets paid a certain amount and Andre Johnson gets paid a different amount.

Archived