This one hurts....

Maxman

If Cromartie doesn't fumble that kickoff the Jets are winning that game.

They need to fix the offensive line, the right side of the line is really terrible. But more importantly they need to make sure a defensive performance like this doesn't happen again this season.

Bad day fro Cro though, really bad all around.

God help any poor Jets fans that were in Oakland and get them home safe.

13 games to go./ We better not shet the bed like this again.

This is true Lil Bit, but I've got some big concerns. Forget Cro. He had a horrible game. The O line sucks. The Raiders had 4 sacks and like 10 QB hits.

The D was weak all around for the second game out of 3. Gave up 234 yards rushing.

This is true Lil Bit, but I've got some big concerns. Forget Cro. He had a horrible game. The O line sucks. The Raiders had 4 sacks and like 10 QB hits.

The D was weak all around for the second game out of 3. Gave up 234 yards rushing.

im concerned too... maybe its a learninge xpernecicne for the whoel team.. maybe this is whrere we make a nice run to the playoffs... or fall offa cliff. its going to take a 10 wins to make the playioffs... hoipe this team has it in thm.e

They need to fix the offensive line, the right side of the line is really terrible. But more importantly they need to make sure a defensive performance like this doesn't happen again this season.

it also didn't help that people on here were all like what's it gonna be like when we're 3-0. yes i'm the superstitious type.

it also didn't help that people on here were all like what's it gonna be like when we're 3-0. yes i'm the superstitious type.

Well being superstitious is cool if that gets you through the day. And as a fan-site owner I would be rich if the word of the fans could impact the game -- but nothing a fan can type has an impact on the game. I do wish that was not the case though...

Well being superstitious is cool if that gets you through the day. And as a fan-site owner I would be rich if the word of the fans could impact the game -- but nothing a fan can type has an impact on the game. I do wish that was not the case though...

Oh man, MAX! That's a Goocher! sincerely! You got to take it back. You got to cancel it or we'll never win another game all season! Effin Max, man.

Oh man, MAX! That's a Goocher! sincerely! You got to take it back. You got to cancel it or we'll never win another game all season! Effin Max, man.

The Jets will win every game that GOB thinks they can win for the rest of the year. It is all on his shoulders.

I sometimes feel like we have a insane expectation for cro. People say this is a passing league and we have one of the best CB's in the league with revis. We cant expect cro to completely shut down the number 2 receiver. It doesnt happen for other teams and it doesnt happen for us. Now penalties always suck and can be cleaned up but number 2 CBs are were i expect penalties. I wont expect our all world corner revis to make penalties but a 2nd CB who is gonna be covering some fast reciever and being thrown at all day will.

If our lbs arnt being harassed by TE's cro is going to be seeing a lot of action like today. Hopefully the line will get some more pressure and cause bad decisions like the 2nd weeks game.

Cromartie's play was bone headed but thats not why we lost today.

When you give up 234 yards rushing on defense and 4 sacks on offense its going to be a long long day!

Agreed, and to clarify it wasn't just about the 4 sacks... it was about the pressure we allowed all day long. It was also about our coaching staff's general philosophy coming into the game.

We knew what the Raiders were, Darren McFadden and a very good defensive line. Nothing else.

We chose to run at their D-line, instead of attack their secondary full of nobodies.

We somehow weren't prepared to stop the run.

Simple formula. Our coaching staff prepared to do the opposite of the obvious. We "Schotty'd" ourselves. Again.

Jeez Cro is getting abused for basically two ticky tack calls. The other two were bullsh*t.

So basically the fumble was just horrible, but that was really it imo. He was playing aggressive and had some horse sh*t calls on him.

He did have BS calls on him, but that fumble was inexcusable. Just fall on the damn ball.

Agreed, and to clarify it wasn't just about the 4 sacks... it was about the pressure we allowed all day long. It was also about our coaching staff's general philosophy coming into the game.

We knew what the Raiders were, Darren McFadden and a very good defensive line. Nothing else.

We chose to run at their D-line, instead of attack their secondary full of nobodies.

We somehow weren't prepared to stop the run.

Simple formula. Our coaching staff prepared to do the opposite of the obvious. We "Schotty'd" ourselves. Again.

We couldn't attack their secondary. There wasn't time with all the front-side pressure.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

We couldn't attack their secondary. There wasn't time with all the front-side pressure.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I can appreciate the reference, and to be honest... you aren't wrong.

Sucks that the organization made a huge investment in the O-line with Brick and Mangold, Faneca, Woody, Moore... even keeping Callahan from leaving this offseason, but then they plug in scrap heap players... than essentially have the already pathetic and predictable offense taking even larger steps backward by not protecting our franchise QB.

Yep cro stunk but if Plax catches that pass that hit him in the chest our drive continues with the score tied and us in thier territory.

Sucks that the organization made a huge investment in the O-line with Brick and Mangold, Faneca, Woody, Moore... even keeping Callahan from leaving this offseason, but then they plug in scrap heap players... than essentially have the already pathetic and predictable offense taking even larger steps backward by not protecting our franchise QB.

This is the result of a top-heavy roster. You have several players making top-5 (or just about top-5) money for their respective positions. The problem is that we ought to be able to afford a $2M flex G/T to back up real starters instead of $3M for someone who has so far proven to be less than the 2nd-rate RT he seemed like he'd be.

Revis, Cromartie, Harris, Scott, Pace, Brick, Mangold, Sanchez, Holmes...these 9 players are signed to long-term contracts that (cumulatively) average some $9M/year.

At the same time, teams plug in low-round draft picks when last year's starters get traded or injured. Happens all the time. Jets thought they were getting better than that equivalent player by re-signing Hunter. So far it sure looks like they were wrong. He was supposed to be a mid-level player pay-wise, like Moore, and be a solid starter at a minimum. This is not occurring. Center, though, I can't fault them for. Losing 2 centers in 2-3 weeks is tough. How many teams really have a good 3rd option at center?

Look on the bright side we saved Woody 10 mil under the cap :) I mean heck were just a SB Caliber team that has the usual small window why should we waste all that money this year like other teams have done in the past Shotty can fool em. Right ? :sign0182:

Archived