Rex, Shotty, this offense, this defense, they all lost the game. No finger pointing. They lost as a team.

JetsFanFromQueens

And honestly? We're the most hated team in the league and I believe that's because of Rex Ryan himself. His mouth, his antics. Calling a time out just to yell at the refs last week. Throwing his head-set down. The talking non-stop. And it showed today. The fix was in. Every call went against the Jets. Every call got reversed. The refs have it out for the Jets and the way they're officiating these games just goes to show. This was by far, the worst called game I've ever seen as a Jet fan.

Nothing against Rex, I love what he's done for our team and franchise... But he's now made it tough on us from here on out.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And honestly? We're the most hated team in the league and I believe that's because of Rex Ryan himself. His mouth, his antics. Calling a time out just to yell at the refs last week. Throwing his head-set down. The talking non-stop. And it showed today. The fix was in. Every call went against the Jets. Every call got reversed. The refs have it out for the Jets and the way they're officiating these games just goes to show. This was by far, the worst called game I've ever seen as a Jet fan.

Nothing against Rex, I love what he's done for our team and franchise... But he's now made it tough on us from here on out.

Bull. The officiating was very bad, but lets not act like we didn't have plenty of opportunities gift wrapped for us that we flat out shat the bed on. When you're offense goes 3 and out something like 8 or 9 times against the worst defense in the league, and you're playing against arguably the best offense... Thats not gonna get it done.

We in no way are losing games because of Rex's mouth. But because of poor scheme and execution. Thats it.

A change needs to be made on offense when it comes down to it and the obvious one do do at this point in the season is to get a new OC in here. It's so obvious to me. And at the end of the season things are not looking up, then maybe it's time to start looking for a new QB.

This is a load of sh*t. That's the best quarterback in the league and the worst defense in the league. They put up 255 yards against a defense that's been giving up an average of almost double that. Chad effing Henne threw for 4 bills on them. You know, the guy everyone laughs at on the offense that we all call pathetic? Yeah, them. 100% on the offense.

This is a load of sh*t. That's the best quarterback in the league and the worst defense in the league. They put up 255 yards against a defense that's been giving up an average of almost double that. Chad effing Henne threw for 4 bills on them. You know, the guy everyone laughs at on the offense that we all call pathetic? Yeah, them. 100% on the offense.

Ellis rushed for 136 yds with 5 yds per carry.

The O is awful, the Jets D bad

Duh, but the fact that the offense didn't make any spectacular mistakes is good enough for those who'll defend it at any cost. 7 3&outs? For real?

They went an entire first quarter without getting one first down when they received the KO. I don't even get how that happens.

Uh, because they suck? We spend all week killing the Pats D on this site, and then when the offense puts up a performance that's well below average, it's still our defenses fault when they held their offense (to in the league) to the lowest (albeit not by a ton) point total of their season, it's still the defense's fault.

OH.NO.WE SUCK.AGAIN.

So they need the D to win every game, every week, including the 2 times they actually get the luxury of playing the worst defense in the league. That sounds fair.

No, but the Jets gave up 14 and 21 points ( garbage TD last year) against the Pats without turning the ball over last year. This Jets D is no where close to last year.

Its funny that you use the hyperbole of Jets D having to win every week when the Jets D has been bad against the Cowboys, Raiders, and Pats.

When your offense keeps giving them the ball right back...the defense will get winded. This was possibly an even more disheartening loss than the Ravens loss. Its just so much bs.

How do you fix this? I don't think you can do it this year. I think for next year....you do the following:

1) Fire Schotty. His O-plans are just spiritless.

2) Draft O-Linemen...lots of O-Linemen (possibly three).

3) Draft a Cover Safety. We will not survive with Eric Smith, Pool and Leonard as your safeties. We need a safety that can cover speedy tight ends. Someone who is not a midget and has good cover skills. If that means using your first round pick on a safety..so be it.

LL

Uh, because they suck? We spend all week killing the Pats D on this site, and then when the offense puts up a performance that's well below average, it's still our defenses fault when they held their offense (to in the league) to the lowest (albeit not by a ton) point total of their season, it's still the defense's fault.

OH.NO.WE SUCK.AGAIN.

CHURCH!

The defense deserves no excuses for a completely bipolar performance out there today, but the fact is that they're not the reason the Jets lost this game, that honor certainly belongs to the offense. Considering there's not a whole lot of changes that can be made on the depth chart with this group of personnel then yes, it comes back to making the one change you can make at this point, and that means finally sending Schotty's a$$ to the curb years after you already should have. Not to mention, he's the only one around here with 6 years of proven ineptitude. There will be plenty of personnel changes to make come March and April, but until then, might as well get a jump start on the very obviously necessary coaching change.

Least amount of points scored by the Pats this year though. 7 3&outs matters. A lot.

Thats awful, but this Jets D has been bad more often than it has been good this season. Why are you overloking that?

No, but the Jets gave up 14 and 21 points ( garbage TD last year) against the Pats without turning the ball over last year. This Jets D is no where close to last year.

Its funny that you use the hyperbole of Jets D having to win every week when the Jets D has been bad against the Cowboys, Raiders, and Pats.

The Jets defense isn't as good. But the fact that the offense is worse isn't helping. They are always on the field. I'd be curious if we have the worst TOP in the league. It's gotta be close.

OH.NO.WE SUCK.AGAIN.

It's kind of fitting actually. Last week you had the o-line to deflect how much this team can't make up for Sanchez's inability. And this week you've got the D. The funny thing is that when your QB doesn't suck, teams seem to be able to get around this. Know who does actually? The Patriots.

No, but the Jets gave up 14 and 21 points ( garbage TD last year) against the Pats without turning the ball over last year. This Jets D is no where close to last year. Its funny that you use the hyperbole of Jets D having to win every week when the Jets D has been bad against the Cowboys, Raiders, and Pats.

The Defense won that Cowboy game by forcing the Romo fumble and the Revis Int. And they won it despite the several offensive turnovers giving the Cowboys excellent field position.

Have to agree with this. This Jets D is a shell of what it was in 09 and 10, but it doesn't make one damn bit of difference with this offense.

Yahtzee. Kid threw for 166 against a defense giving up 369 a game. Give me a break with this nonsense. Sanchez and Schott, the defense is a distant 3rd.

Yahtzee. Kid threw for 166 against a defense giving up 369 a game. Give me a break with this nonsense. Sanchez and Schott, the defense is a distant 3rd.

maybe the defense isnt that bad but when your offense has 8 3 and outs... and giving the other offense more and more opportunities.. defense becomes a little harder... defense is no where close to being the problem

All week we had to listen to people saying the Jets would get blown out, but you know what? They were right in this game the whole time. Against a team that hasn't lost a home regular season game in YEARS, we were in this thing till the bitter end. Liked what I saw.

Archived