Kenrick Ellis Tonight

TNJet

Thanks...sucks to hear. Love seeing that monster on the field. He's HUGE!

lol I'll admit I dont know who ropati is that you guys are talking about, but I'm gonna assume it's that giant dude that looks like one of the old wild samoans who was standing in a huddle before a punt or something. lol haha I thought I was seeing things. haha I agree I'd like to see more of him. I hope he bounces back. (If nothing else it's fun like watching manute bol play. lol)

Pretty sure Ellis is active because Ropati's out.

Pitoitua was out, but that must not have been the only reason that Ellis was active since Tevesau was active also. Probably one of them takes Mason's spot. They didn't carry Baxter active which I thought was curious because Mangold hasn't even been full in practice, but if the O line is healthy they will probably keep more D linemen active.

Pitoitua was out, but that must not have been the only reason that Ellis was active since Tevesau was active also. Probably one of them takes Mason's spot. They didn't carry Baxter active which I thought was curious because Mangold hasn't even been full in practice, but if the O line is healthy they will probably keep more D linemen active.

I was curious about that as well. I guess they are more comfortable moving Slauson over and inserting Ducasse. Ugh. Please, no more OL injuries...

I was curious about that as well. I guess they are more comfortable moving Slauson over and inserting Ducasse. Ugh. Please, no more OL injuries...

Ducasse or Schlauderaff. They did reward Ducasse with a few plays at TE as slats has been calling for over the course of the season. Earlier they had used Schlauderaff and I think it was punishment for Ducasse blowing some assignments at guard. I think Mangold is pretty tough and has been telling them he could have played all along. Baxter is the top option at backup center, but he doesn't add anything in packages or special teams. He is strictly insurance for Mangold.

When I saw him in there I watched him exclusively. Ellis takes up a lot of space and was even double teamed on at least one play and stood his ground. The thing that made me happy was his ability to stand the blocker up on the run block, shed him and make the tackle. He did that at least twice with one being on the goal line. Another thing I saw was his motor. He plays to the whistle. A lot times that separates who's an impact player and who sucks. Keep playing until the play is over. From what I saw last night we have a player here. Honorable mention for Dixon as well. We might actually have the makings of a nice young D line here fellas.

When I saw him in there I watched him exclusively. Ellis takes up a lot of space and was even double teamed on at least one play and stood his ground. The thing that made me happy was his ability to stand the blocker up on the run block, shed him and make the tackle. He did that at least twice with one being on the goal line. Another thing I saw was his motor. He plays to the whistle. A lot times that separates who's an impact player and who sucks. Keep playing until the play is over. From what I saw last night we have a player here. Honorable mention for Dixon as well. We might actually have the makings of a nice young D line here fellas.

I agree, I was very impressed with him tonight, its going to be interesting to see what they do if Ropati is ready to go next week

Agree with this and while this could be the beginning of more involvement from him, I think people were just getting too far ahead of themselves with their worry for his inactivity to start the season. For starters, I'm pretty this was the first time all year the Jets had more than 5 pure DL active, a big part of the reason why was due to matchups. Beyond that, it's not that Ellis isn't any good, but both Pitoitua and Dixon have been playing quite well for the Jets this year and with Ellis still developing and apparently needing work on technique (that's coming from Rex, so I'll take his word on that), he was just deemed the most sensible guy to sit. He's clearly got an assload of talent and as I said a few weeks back, I think as it gets later in the year and we see the yearly shift of the passing game slowing down and teams getting more ground-focused in the winter months, you're going to see a lot more of Ellis.

Ellis made a key runstuff near the goaline last night. He had an impact.

This may actually be sort of a transition year with the defense. With a full NFL offseason, the Jets front 7 may be noticeably improved with the development of KEllis, Mo, and Maybin.

Agree with this and while this could be the beginning of more involvement from him, I think people were just getting too far ahead of themselves with their worry for his inactivity to start the season. For starters, I'm pretty this was the first time all year the Jets had more than 5 pure DL active, a big part of the reason why was due to matchups. Beyond that, it's not that Ellis isn't any good, but both Pitoitua and Dixon have been playing quite well for the Jets this year and with Ellis still developing and apparently needing work on technique (that's coming from Rex, so I'll take his word on that), he was just deemed the most sensible guy to sit. He's clearly got an assload of talent and as I said a few weeks back, I think as it gets later in the year and we see the yearly shift of the passing game slowing down and teams getting more ground-focused in the winter months, you're going to see a lot more of Ellis.

I thought the kid looked great last night too. I'll reserve judgement until I see him a few more times, especially against better o-lines. But Mo Wilk's been impressive so far too. Looks like we may have nabbed the core of a great D-line this time.

i could not agree more. People, myself included at times, get a little caught up in everything needing to happen immediately these days. He's a 3rd rd pick who played primarily at a smaller school. Give it a minute. He looked good last night against a decent O line. Our young guys are really showing potential. Maybin, Wilk, Pito, Ellis, Dixon, MTV coming on would be really nice for our D and free up Harris, Pace, Westerman and Scott to do some exciting things come late Nov and Dec. This could get good for us.

WE AINT DEAD YET!!!!

Ellis made a key runstuff near the goaline last night. He had an impact.

This may actually be sort of a transition year with the defense. With a full NFL offseason, the Jets front 7 may be noticeably improved with the development of KEllis, Mo, and Maybin.

Definitely...the good thing is, Mo Wilk is the truth. He's doing a lot of dirty work that isnt showing up on the stat card. He was outstanding setting the edge last night. A lot of the run stuffs, Wilk was standing up 2 blockers and creating room for others to make the play.

I think him and Ellis are going to anchor this line for a long time.

I thought the kid looked great last night too. I'll reserve judgement until I see him a few more times, especially against better o-lines. But Mo Wilk's been impressive so far too. Looks like we may have nabbed the core of a great D-line this time.

The Dolphags actually have a pretty damn good Oline. One of the highest paid in the league. Truth is, that was a very good game against a pretty solid OL.

Definitely...the good thing is, Mo Wilk is the truth. He's doing a lot of dirty work that isnt showing up on the stat card. He was outstanding setting the edge last night. A lot of the run stuffs, Wilk was standing up 2 blockers and creating room for others to make the play.

I think him and Ellis are going to anchor this line for a long time.

The Dolphags actually have a pretty damn good Oline. One of the highest paid in the league. Truth is, that was a very good game against a pretty solid OL.

Meh I think you're giving the dolphins oline too much credit. Maybe the left side and center are good, but the rest side of that o is washed up. I can't go back and watch the game now but I wonder how much more success we had against the dolphins oline on the right side over the left side.

Meh I think you're giving the dolphins oline too much credit. Maybe the left side and center are good, but the rest side of that o is washed up. I can't go back and watch the game now but I wonder how much more success we had against the dolphins oline on the right side over the left side.

Possibly, they are winless...but I dont think its because of their OL. All I know, is their OL has given us fits in the past and last night, we played them really well.

Possibly, they are winless...but I dont think its because of their OL. All I know, is their OL has given us fits in the past and last night, we played them really well.

True. Our defense is looking better in the pass rushing and turnover categories while slumping in the run defense, but I guess we can't have it all. I was generally happy with our d's performance. Ellis looked solid.

The thing that I noticed most about Ellis in the 10 or so plays he was in for was he kept his pad level down.

In the preseason he was standing up like a bear, and getting pushed back. Not last night. Drew some doubles, and held his ground. Seems to be taking the coaching well

Had three tackles. One for a loss, another clean stop inside the 5. That's when NT's earn their money. We'll see a lot of Ellis in the future. Kid looked good

Archived