What a game 6 last night

PatriotReign37

I would be shocked if the Rangers won tonight. That game had to take alot of them. Getting within a strike of winning the World Series and then losing it in extra innings; if the the Rangers win tonight I will be stunned.

That game last night was a friggin classic and why alot of us still love baseball.

Congrats to the Cardinals.They did what they had to do, and it was not easy. The Rangers were twice 1 strike away last night, and it's gonna kill them for the rest of their lives.

But MLB makes it too easy for wildcards to advance, and home field riding on the menaingless All Star game is bullsh*t. The widlcard should get only 1 home game in the opening round.

Beauty of the baseball playoffs. Total crapshoot.

"Crapshoot" sounds random. And while every roll of the dice is, over the course of multiple rolls of the dice you do have expectations of outcomes. Even with each outcome being random given the finite combinations there is a definite expectation over a series of multiple rolls. It's math.There are 36 possible outcomes, 7 should come up 1/5th of the time, and moving up and down(6/8, 5/9, 4/10, 3/11, 2/12) the each such combination outcome is less likely. As a player of craps,the predictable probabilities on the outcomes in a series and on a specific roll are actually were you make or lose money.

And I hated Joe Torre trying to excuse sucking from 2002 with that "crapshoot" nonsense. When you have a team thatw as as loaded as those clubs you have no business losing in the playoffs to lesser teams. If anything his advantages in talent should have made the outcome even more predictable in his favor, like winning perhaps one of the final 4 games of the 2004 ALCS.

"Crapshoot" sounds random. And while every roll of the dice is, over the course of multiple rolls of the dice you do have expectations of outcomes. Even with each outcome being random given the finite combinations there is a definite expectation over a series of multiple rolls. It's math.There are 36 possible outcomes, 7 should come up 1/5th of the time, and moving up and down(6/8, 5/9, 4/10, 3/11, 2/12) the each such combination outcome is less likely. As a player of craps,the predictable probabilities on the outcomes in a series and on a specific roll are actually were you make or lose money.

And I hated Joe Torre trying to excuse sucking from 2002 with that "crapshoot" nonsense. When you have a team thatw as as loaded as those clubs you have no business losing in the playoffs to lesser teams. If anything his advantages in talent should have made the outcome even more predictable in his favor, like winning perhaps one of the final 4 games of the 2004 ALCS.

Bugg will I believe your premise is true, baseball is different.

It might be the one endearing thing about it.

No other sport, will sit (possibly) the best player four out of five days. As great as (insert pitcher name), in the playoffs they pitch, any then hand off the ball to the 2, 3 or 4.

Could you see the Steelers/Packers or Mavericks/heat sitting their best players because they just had played?

The Yankees and Red Sox or whomever (i.e. big market) has talent, but that can be negated in baseball more than any other sport.

Archived