Bellichick Releases Leigh Bodden

JonEJet

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our head-to-head matchup is coming in 2 weeks, so I gotta believe Bellichick must have a good reason

for making this head-scratching move.

But let's sign him up anyways just to stick it to the Hatriots, and of course, pump him for info!!! :winking0001:

This move is a head scratcher.

I had hopes that he would return to form after his injury this year - but he hasn't...and has been playing nickle the entire year (lost "starting" position to Kyle Arrington)....which honestly, with the scheme the Pats have gone back to playing, is kind of a starter. Anyway, with the killer recieving corps the Pats will face Sunday, this move makes no sense at all. I have popsicle sticks and glue at DB. Bodden is better than Moulden and....I don't know....Mr. Popsicle Stick and Mr. Elmer Glue?

Asante Samuel will never happen. He's already voicing his displeasure in Philly. I'd like it to happen....but it won't.

Pats will have to put up at least 35 points a game to win. Same 'ole frickin' same 'ole.

This move is a head scratcher.

I had hopes that he would return to form after his injury this year - but he hasn't...and has been playing nickle the entire year (lost "starting" position to Kyle Arrington)....which honestly, with the scheme the Pats have gone back to playing, is kind of a starter. Anyway, with the killer recieving corps the Pats will face Sunday, this move makes no sense at all. I have popsicle sticks and glue at DB. Bodden is better than Moulden and....I don't know....Mr. Popsicle Stick and Mr. Elmer Glue?

Asante Samuel will never happen. He's already voicing his displeasure in Philly. I'd like it to happen....but it won't.

Pats will have to put up at least 35 points a game to win. Same 'ole frickin' same 'ole.

Ha! Mike Wallace just became a top 3 start for everyone that owns him in FF.

I see the Pats getting Samuel back next year...Belichick sux at drafting...they won't score over twenty points this weekend...book it!

Really? That is a myth that Jets fans love to talk about. The Pats always have more picks than the Jets but, unlike the Jets, aren't afraid to cut their losses when a player doesn't work out.

Pats draft picks on offense:

Brady

Light

Mankins

Solder

Vollmer

Koppen

Gronkowksi

Hernandez

Edelman

Branch*

*Drafted by Pats, left as a FA, then came back.

Pats draft picks on defense:

Wilfork

Chung

Spikes

Cunningham

Mayo

McCourty

Pats draft picks on special teams:

Gostowksi (Kicker)

Mesko (Punter)

I only included draft picks that play a big role every Sunday and didn't included UDFAs or guys signed off the Practice Squad. That was mostly from memory so I'm sure I'm missing a couple of other players.

You see, this is the one thing that I really like about Belichick. He's not afraid to cut ties with any player, regardless of how they got him or where he was drafted. I respect the hell out of that I really do. I wish the Jets operated more like him in that respect. Guys like Gholston, Ducasse would have never seen season 2

That's funny Steve, we wrote the same thing at the same time...

:biggrin:

I will never understand why some fans are so fixated on draft position. I fully understand whiffing on a Top 10-15 pick as that really hurts the bottom line when it comes to the salary cap, but after that who cares? As long as your team picks up a starter and some depth all is good.

With all this Belichick sucks at drafting talk I'm amazed the Pats don't go 4-12 every season lol

:biggrin:

I will never understand why some fans are so fixated on draft position. I fully understand whiffing on a Top 10-15 pick as that really hurts the bottom line when it comes to the salary cap, but after that who cares? As long as your team picks up a starter and some depth all is good.

With all this Belichick sucks at drafting talk I'm amazed the Pats don't go 4-12 every season lol

The only reason Beli wins is because he lucked out getting Brady...how many winning seasons did Beli have before Brady?

Try one out of six...not the stuff legends are made...unless your talking Brady's....

This is an odd move. No he's no Revis, but that secondary is weak, and he is at least a decent player. Doesn't help the cap, they have to pay him anyway.

Something else is going on here. Wasn't he hurt earlier in the season? Maybe he's not doing his rehab or something.

If I were the Jets I'd bring him in. He might play for vets min because the Pats have to pick up what ever the rest of his contract is. Tell him your going to dump Cro next season, and he can compete for a starting spot.

Any Pats fans.

Is he a man to man guy, or a zone guy?

This is an odd move. No he's no Revis, but that secondary is weak, and he is at least a decent player. Doesn't help the cap, they have to pay him anyway.

Something else is going on here. Wasn't he hurt earlier in the season? Maybe he's not doing his rehab or something.

If I were the Jets I'd bring him in. He might play for vets min because the Pats have to pick up what ever the rest of his contract is. Tell him your going to dump Cro next season, and he can compete for a starting spot.

Any Pats fans.

Zone. And Kyle Arrington took his starting role. He was the primary nickle and was actually a healthy scratch for the Oakland game.

Any Pats fans.

The thing about Bodden was that he played well in 2009, was IR'd in 2010, and has barely seen the field this season. The Pats rarely play man to man but Bodden did that well when he was in Cleveland in 2007 and he even did well on the 0-16 Detroit team in 2008.

I think his release is all about nagging injuries and not being able to play at 100%.

The only reason Beli wins is because he lucked out getting Brady...how many winning seasons did Beli have before Brady?

Try one out of six...not the stuff legends are made...unless your talking Brady's....

This is like saying Rex lucked out because Mangini drafted Revis and Mangold.

Did Bill Walsh luck out with the last pick of the 3rd round in 1979 when he selected Joe Montana?

Yeah, he really wanted Phil Simms.

Still wasn't nearly the lottery Beli hit in the 6th.

There's nothing wrong with being lucky, either. I don't know why it's taken as an insult.

Archived