Pats release albert Haynesworth

Matt39

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because Haynesworth did nothing with the Patriots, doesn't mean that he wouldn't become a strong addition to the Jets. The Patriots have one of the worst defensive football team around, with some of the worst roster talent I've seen in quite some time. If anyone can motivate and rejuvenate the career of Haynesworth, it's Rex Ryan himself; Rex has always been excellent in regards to getting the most out of his defensive lineman. Surround Haynesworth with true talent such as Revis, Cromartie, Wilson, Pace, Harris, Scott, Wilkerson, Pouha, DeVito etc, etc, and watch this 6'6", 350 pound man in Haynesworth, who's only 30 years of age, Flourish under Rex Ryan's defensive scheme. Would he become the next Kris Jenkins of 2008 for us? Maybe not, but this could become a low risk-high reward type of situation. Only 3 years ago, this man put up 51 tackles, 8.5 sacks and 3 forced fumbles with the Titans. There is no doubt about it, surround Haynesworth with NY Jets type of defensive talent, and watch him improve our run defense in more ways than one.

Haynesworth is an a$$hole. Even the great Rex Ryan felt the need to cut the a$$hole Derrick Mason. The defense is playing great. No reason on Earth to bring in this pile of crap. I'm sure that verbal altercation was just the straw that broke the HC of the NEP's back. The man is cancer incarnate.

Just because Haynesworth did nothing with the Patriots, doesn't mean that he wouldn't become a strong addition to the Jets. The Patriots have one of the worst defensive football team around, with some of the worst roster talent I've seen in quite some time. If anyone can motivate and rejuvenate the career of Haynesworth, it's Rex Ryan himself; Rex has always been excellent in regards to getting the most out of his defensive lineman. Surround Haynesworth with true talent such as Revis, Cromartie, Wilson, Pace, Harris, Scott, Wilkerson, Pouha, DeVito etc, etc, and watch this 6'6", 350 pound man in Haynesworth, who's only 30 years of age, Flourish under Rex Ryan's defensive scheme. Would he become the next Kris Jenkins of 2008 for us? Maybe not, but this could become a low risk-high reward type of situation. Only 3 years ago, this man put up 51 tackles, 8.5 sacks and 3 forced fumbles with the Titans. There is no doubt about it, surround Haynesworth with NY Jets type of defensive talent, and watch him improve our run defense in more ways than one.

You officially lost your mind. He's worthless and doesnt want to play Football. Rex Ryan wouldnt touch that fat lazy POS and you even trying to make a case for him is an insult to Rex Ryan and the entire Jets organization.

I wouldnt play him over our 6th guy in the rotation...and neither would Rex Ryan.

He was playing for a contract that year.... has done nothing since

Lol @ me thinking this was a smart move at the time they made it.

I wonder wtf direction that franchise is headed...Their OL is going to be awesome...and I'm a big fan of Mallett, even if he is somewhat of a plodder...Gronkowski and Hernandez are obviously there to stay...after that I got nothing for them.

I thought Haynesworth was all upside, too.

But for the record, I did think Ocho was a bust waiting to happen. Surprised he's still there.

This is the third team in the past 4 years that decided they no longer want anything to do with this douche... that alone should tell you all you need to know.

Ummm. No.

Lol @ me thinking this was a smart move at the time they made it.

I wonder wtf direction that franchise is headed...Their OL is going to be awesome...and I'm a big fan of Mallett, even if he is somewhat of a plodder...Gronkowski and Hernandez are obviously there to stay...they'll plug and play RBs....WRs too?...They're set at K and P probably...Wilfork might end up a HOF...McCourty and Chung are DBs who can play...after that...

Headed? To perennial 5 to 7 win territory like the Niners, Cowboys, etc. once Brady retires. Neither Belichick nor Brady have that many years left. Belichick had 1 good year as a HC before Brady and his other good year sans Brady (2008) his team played the 5 worst teams in the NFL that season and lost 5 more games than the previous year.

There really is no sustainable success without a franchise QB.

Headed? To perennial 5 to 7 win territory like the Niners, Cowboys, etc. once Brady retires. Neither Belichick nor Brady have that many years left. Belichick had 1 good year as a HC before Brady and his other good year sans Brady (2008) his team played the 5 worst teams in the NFL that season and lost 5 more games than the previous year.

There really is no sustainable success without a franchise QB.

Actually the Niners kept it rolling...Steve Young or something I think his name was.

Young makes 2 QBs in San Fran.

Edit: What kind of question is that? Was Young already a HOF when he was backing up Montana?

No, but Young was a known quantity, having started quite a few games for the Niner toward the end of Montana's career there.

We have no way of knowing if Meth-boy will be a good NFL QB.

Young makes 2 QBs in San Fran.

Edit: What kind of question is that? Was Young already a HOF when he was backing up Montana?

The Niners had 2 franchise QBs on the roster at the same time, just like the Packers did with Favre and Rodgers.

Unless you think Mallet is a franchise QB, the Pats are going in the tank once Brady calls it quits. That's the history of the NFL. PLUS, Belichick is OLD. He's not going to be there long himself. So you're talking about a franchise without Brady & Belichick. That's not a promising future.

No, but Young was a known quantity, having started quite a few games for the Niner toward the end of Montana's career there.

We have no way of knowing if Meth-boy will be a good NFL QB.

Young was a known quantity in that most people knew they didn't like him.

Mallett's a rookie anyway...The 49ers didn't pick up Young until he was a 3rd year, unwanted by his original franchise player.

R O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F L R O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F L R O F LR O F L R O F LR O F LR O F L R O F L R O F L R O F LR O F LR O F LR O F L

ROFL

The Niners had 2 franchise QBs on the roster at the same time, just like the Packers did with Favre and Rodgers.

Unless you think Mallet is a franchise QB, the Pats are going in the tank once Brady calls it quits. That's the history of the NFL. PLUS, Belichick is OLD. He's not going to be there long himself. So you're talking about a franchise without Brady & Belichick. That's not a promising future.

So now Rodgers was a franchise QB before he was a franchise QB? You're using the power of hindsight here.

I think Mallett does have the potential to be a franchise QB, yes.

The 49ers should have been done after Montana. The Packers should have been done after Favre. Instead, they prepped for the days of departure by getting a very talented young guy in early enough to train him within the system while acting as backup for the incumbent. This is EXACTLY what the Pats are doing with Mallett, who also fits the profile of a very talented, very good college passer who fell out of favor with NFL teams enough to fall to a team already set at QB for the foreseeable future. I'm not saying he's 100% going to be a good QB, but if there's a backup out there who I could see turning into a franchise QB in the next maybe 5-6 years it'd be Mallett.

Belichick being old is a subjective thing. He looks damn good for a guy who'll be 60 next year, and my guess is there's plenty in the tank.

The more I think about it, the more I admire Haynesworth.

It's terrible, but the truth of the matter is, he took advantage of the way the system was designed. He was given 54 million dollars because of something he did for two years. He cashed his check, and moved on with his life. He basically held a 'no-show' job from then on out.

You can talk about integrity all you want, but there's not a working stiff on this forum who wouldn't love his situation. Bust your a$$ for a couple of years, and then money is no longer a motivator, and you can take it easy for the rest of your life. Haynesworth could have made more money in the future, but not enough to matter. He got 54 million, and that was fine. He didn't have to work hard anymore, and his employer allowed this with the contract they gave him.

That's the American Dream on steroids. Respect.

PLUS, Belichick is OLD. He's not going to be there long himself.

This is true. If you watched that Football Life documentary he pretty much said so. He doesnt want to coach into his later years ala Marv Levy

Meh, the move was all upside.. What did they lose?

A roster spot of a young player who wants to play Football?

It's terrible, but the truth of the matter is, he took advantage of the way the system was designed. He was given 54 million dollars because of something he did for two years. He cashed his check, and moved on with his life. He basically held a 'no-show' job from then on out.

You can talk about integrity all you want, but there's not a working stiff on this forum who wouldn't love his situation. Bust your a$$ for a couple of years, and then money is no longer a motivator, and you can take it easy for the rest of your life. Haynesworth could have made more money in the future, but not enough to matter. He got 54 million, and that was fine. He didn't have to work hard anymore, and his employer allowed this with the contract they gave him.

I too admire this, especially since he did it to the NFL machine. It's not like the league could give two craps about a guy like Haynesworth after he retires anyway....He's an IRL troll who made over 50 million doing it.

Interesting take and I might agree with you if it was the same team that gave him that money. But it wasnt, a new team gave him the deal expecting him to be a certain player and he pretty much sh*t all over them, took the money and ran.

So now Rodgers was a franchise QB before he was a franchise QB? You're using the power of hindsight here.

I think Mallett does have the potential to be a franchise QB, yes.

The 49ers should have been done after Montana. The Packers should have been done after Favre. Instead, they prepped for the days of departure by getting a very talented young guy in early enough to train him within the system while acting as backup for the incumbent. This is EXACTLY what the Pats are doing with Mallett, who also fits the profile of a very talented, very good college passer who fell out of favor with NFL teams enough to fall to a team already set at QB for the foreseeable future. I'm not saying he's 100% going to be a good QB, but if there's a backup out there who I could see turning into a franchise QB in the next maybe 5-6 years it'd be Mallett.

Belichick being old is a subjective thing. He looks damn good for a guy who'll be 60 next year, and my guess is there's plenty in the tank.

Neither the Packers nor the Niners would have made the change if they didn't wholeheartedly believe that the heir apparents was a franchise QB. In fact, Steve Young was the Niners started for TWO SEASONS before the Niners dumped Montana. Both teams dumped the older QB in order to go with the younger signal caller and the older player had pro bowl seasons there after.

Further, both franchises did that with new HCs than the one that had long term success with the older player. Bill Walsh and Mike Holmgren didn't make the decision to change. Seifert and McCarthy did.

So, in order for the Pats to fit into the Packer/Niner mold, the Patriots would have to have a new HC and then dump Brady believing that Mallet, right then, is a franchise QB. To follow the Niners' path, the Pats would have had to start Mallet for 2 whole seasons before deciding on what to do with Brady.

CAN'T WAIT!

Archived