Rex: "You see the difference a great quarterback makes in this league."

T0mShane

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get that. But I wouldn't want Schitty anywhere close to even Aaron Rodgers.

How easy you forget that the best yr Schitty had as OC was when Favre told him to change the playbook and freelance anyway.

Seriously, how can anyone support an extension for Schitty. His major success was when the starter DIDN'T do what he called.

See. I actually think that when Favre was here, Schitty was totally back seat. If Favre had not torn that tricep or whatever, we make the playoffs.

So, back to the main topic, is this Sanchez's death knell now that Rex let it slip that he basically thinks he's basura?

He's not losing his job this year, there's absolutely no reason to do so. Barring a trade for a quality veteran QB, he'll be the starter to open next season with likely McElroy and a rookie waiting in the wings behind him.

Yes. But I'm not saying absolutely he's done, but there have been rumors that his neck is not recoverying as the docs have expected, even after multiple surgeries. Manning has had like 3-4 surgeries this year on his neck.

And the Colts haven't been totally forthcoming with his injury recovery.

At least one of the surgeries involved doctors entering throguh the front of his neck to get at the disks in his spinal column. One thing for sure is he is not going to agree to come to any team with the likes of Wayne Hunter and Vlad Ducasse attempting to block, so we would have to agree to upgrade at least 2 OL spots.

As I've said before, if the Jets were to decide to trade for any non-starting QB as an option to compete with Sanchez, Matt Flynn is definitely the guy I'd be interested in seeing come to the Jets. Assuming of course, the price were right.

Blargh. I'd really, really be afraid to do that--take a guy who was a lightly-regarded draft prospect who looks good in brief stints while playing for a loaded team? You're asking for trouble, especially if you're dumping Sanchez to do it. You could end up with Scott Mitchell.

Blargh. I'd really, really be afraid to do that--take a guy who was a lightly-regarded draft prospect who looks good in brief stints while playing for a loaded team? You're asking for trouble, especially if you're dumping Sanchez to do it. You could end up with Scott Mitchell.

Oh, I certainly agree with what you're saying to an extent. Which is why I wouldn't dump Sanchez or give up a lot for Flynn, but bring him in as more a competition/backup option. And that would really only be if the Jets don't find any vets they like in FA and don't want to go QB in the draft. The way I figure it is while it certainly could not work out, at least there's some upside there unlike the proven losers that are likely to be sitting on the FA market next March that you know the team is never going to go anywhere with. Short of a major late-season turnaround in Sanchez's play, I can't imagine the Jets are going to walk into camp next year with him locked in as the only potential starter for the entirety of the season, and frankly I'm not sure what the point is in having some washed up old nobody vet as the guy in waiting. If you don't take any risk, you're not going to get the potential reward.

That's of course assuming they like him (or some similar NFL QB) better as a prospect than whatever mid-round QBs would be available at the spot they'd need to trade a pick for.

Er. He wasn't referring to Sanchebow there.

Oh. Snap.

You know I was thinking about this statement and I find it very disturbing that Rex would say that now. He basically threw Sanchez under the bus. The funny thing is:

1. The score was 9-6 with what 1:22 left on the clock and;

2. Where the F is his F'en defense?

I am so tired of this guys antics, now he throws Sanchez under the bus give me a break fat man.

STFU and coach, get your players ready to play the F'en Broncos ok....just STFU

Archived