Game Thread: New York Jets vs K.C. Chiefs

Maxman

The New York Jets take on the KC Chiefs and look to extend their winning streak to 3 games. This is essentially a must win game if the Jets are to keep their playoff hopes alive.

Remember to root for the Texans (over the Bengals) and the Saints (over the Titans) to help move the Jets forward in the wild card race. Tyson Rauch is predicting another Jets win and here are a few keys to victory.

Stop the run- It is no secret that the Kansas City offense is built around their running game which is ranked 9th in the NFL averaging over 120 yards a game. The Jets defense must find ways to slow down the Chiefs ground game which will feature a variety of running backs including former Jet Thomas Jones.

Pound Greene- Running back Shonn Greene is on a roll right now coming off of a 3 touchdown performance against the Redskins. The Jets must continue to pound Greene and wear down the Kansas City Chief defense which is ranked 25th in the league giving up over 130 yards a game.

For those of you that are going to the game, please remember it is Toys for Tots, sponsored by the US Marines. For those of you watching the game at home, you are in the right place!

Go Jets...

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I hate it when the NYJ have to face a 2nd or 3rd string QB. I have to many painful memories of guys coming off the bench and playing like Dan Fouts.

me too kleck-I'll never forget the time that Jim Zorn got hurt and the Sack Exchange was licking it's chops at the prospect of facing some nobody from some place called Milton College filling in. That "nobody" turned out to be Dave Kreig and he threw 2 TDs and 264 yards and beat the Jets that day

me too kleck-I'll never forget the time that Jim Zorn got hurt and the Sack Exchange was licking it's chops at the prospect of facing some nobody from some place called Milton College filling in. That "nobody" turned out to be Dave Kreig and he threw 2 TDs and 264 yards and beat the Jets that day

I remember it well. Painful memory.

Archived