Jet fan hospitalized after Chiefs fans attack at MetLife stadium

AFJF

After last year's Jets @ Detroit game, I'll never go to another away game. The NFL, more than any other league, has gotten out of control when it comes to crowd control and behavior. The NFL describing their games as a family event is a joke.

Your right

My kid had never been to a Jets Fish game until he was 200#. I won't go unless I have 3 other people to go with.

Sad, but that's where it's at. Getting like soccer matches where the thugs go just to riot

New Jersey man charged with aggravated assault for fight after Jets beat Chiefs

Published: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 11:35 AM Updated: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 11:36 AM

1828075.png By The Associated Press

Share Print

10352142-large.jpgJeff Zelevansky/GettyA fight after the Jets-Chiefs game Sunday at MetLife Stadium left a man in the hospital and a Newton resident charged with aggravated assault.

State police have upgraded charges against a New Jersey man accused of beating a fan in the parking lot after the Jets beat the Chiefs at MetLife Stadium Sunday.

Thirty-five-year-old Merle Lee of Newton is free on bond, charged with aggravated assault.

State Police Sgt. Brian Polite says Lee was initially charged with simple assault. However, charges were upgraded after 23-year-old James Mohr's condition worsened.

Polite says the Queens, N.Y., resident got into a brief scuffle with some guys and the skirmish broke up on its own. Polite says Lee then "came out of the blue and punched Mohr in the face."

Polite says the incident "was not a Jets-Chiefs melee." He says witnesses told troopers there was no indication they were Kansas City fans.

Mohr is out of intensive care.

Much different story then what his family is telling. Seems a lot more like the case in Miami

I gave up taking my 7 yr old to the Philly game because of the goons there. When I was 12 i went to a preseason game and it was a nightmare for me and the rest of the people with me, even though they were Eagles fans and members of a church trip.

After last year's Jets @ Detroit game, I'll never go to another away game. The NFL, more than any other league, has gotten out of control when it comes to crowd control and behavior. The NFL describing their games as a family event is a joke.

Yeah, i had an "incident" at last years Dolphins game in Miami. I will still go to away games, but will try to hang with a group of Jets fans whenever possible (like Philly this week). Good thing I am such a badass.

I gave up taking my 7 yr old to the Philly game because of the goons there. When I was 12 i went to a preseason game and it was a nightmare for me and the rest of the people with me, even though they were Eagles fans and members of a church trip.

I would strongly advise not to bring a 7 YO to a Philly game. I used to go to the Vet, and Spectrum a lot. Got to be the most violent fans in the country

New Jersey man charged with aggravated assault for fight after Jets beat Chiefs

Published: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 11:35 AM Updated: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 11:36 AM

1828075.png By The Associated Press

Share Print

10352142-large.jpgJeff Zelevansky/GettyA fight after the Jets-Chiefs game Sunday at MetLife Stadium left a man in the hospital and a Newton resident charged with aggravated assault.

State police have upgraded charges against a New Jersey man accused of beating a fan in the parking lot after the Jets beat the Chiefs at MetLife Stadium Sunday.

Thirty-five-year-old Merle Lee of Newton is free on bond, charged with aggravated assault.

State Police Sgt. Brian Polite says Lee was initially charged with simple assault. However, charges were upgraded after 23-year-old James Mohr's condition worsened.

Polite says the Queens, N.Y., resident got into a brief scuffle with some guys and the skirmish broke up on its own. Polite says Lee then "came out of the blue and punched Mohr in the face."

Polite says the incident "was not a Jets-Chiefs melee." He says witnesses told troopers there was no indication they were Kansas City fans.

Mohr is out of intensive care.

this dude comes into my work and plays basketball every monday and lives in my town

Yeah, i had an "incident" at last years Dolphins game in Miami. I will still go to away games, but will try to hang with a group of Jets fans whenever possible (like Philly this week). Good thing I am such a badass.

I would suggest wearing a very colorful tshirt stating this - you know so people will understand ;)

A portion of this story was left out

A diehard Jets fan was savagely beaten on his own turf by a drunken gang of Kansas City Chiefs fans after their team was trounced on Sunday — with one of the assailants barking “F–k New York” and “You all deserved what happened on 9/11!” the victim’s distraught family told The Post. James Mohr, 23, a physical-education teacher at the Bronx Guild vocational high school, was wearing his Jets gear after the team’s 37-10 victory as he walked through Parking Lot J at MetLife Stadium when a woman standing with a pack of thugs screamed the vile taunts. Mohr took offense and told the rowdies their 9/11 insult was “disrespectful,” said his sister, Anna Mohr, 28. “Our other brother is a fireman, and my father is retired FDNY, so you can understand why a 9/11 comment would especially irk him,” Anna said. “He was shocked anyone would actually say something like that.” Mohr, who lives in Auburndale, Queens, was walking alone from where a group of neighborhood pals had gathered in another part of the lot where some buddies from Manhattan College were parked when he was jumped by up to seven of the cowardly goons. At least one was wearing a Chiefs football jersey, a police source confirmed. The lifelong Jets fan suffered a fractured jaw, cheekbone and eye socket in the beatdown, and also has bleeding on the brain. Mohr underwent hours of surgery to repair his shattered face yesterday at Hackensack University Medical Center, where his family was keeping vigil. “He’s hanging in there and he’s scheduled for surgery. We won’t know too much until that’s done,” Anna Mohr said before surgery. State troopers busted one of the alleged attackers, a New Jersey man, on a simple assault charge, but a spokesman said yesterday the probe is continuing.

**** Kansas City and all of their fans.

I don't like to group others in for a small groups behavior, but we are all Americans, regardless of team. So to say that I say **** Kansas City and their fans

According to the above article they weren't KC fans. The attacker lived in NJ and the beating had nothing to do with Jets KC stuff.

Alcohol

According to the above article they weren't KC fans. The attacker lived in NJ and the beating had nothing to do with Jets KC stuff.

Alcohol

If I were to guess, the victim was probably wandering around the lot drunk himself, has words with this group and some other drunk jackass sucker punches him into oblivion.

The 9/11 thing seems a bit fabricated.

If I were to guess, the victim was probably wandering around the lot drunk himself, has words with this group and some other drunk jackass sucker punches him into oblivion.

The 9/11 thing seems a bit fabricated.

Exactly what I thought after reading both articles.

He may have had a part in starting the fight, then told his family the 9-11 story to make himself look better.

Willing to bet everyone involved was drunk

Exactly what I thought after reading both articles.

He may have had a part in starting the fight, then told his family the 9-11 story to make himself look better.

Willing to bet everyone involved was drunk

Yeah, that's what it's starting to sound like. If he did use that lie - What A Douche!!!!

Remember Cleveland bro, when that guy tried picking on your then 16 year old son? Now I'm quite confident that your son would have kicked his a$$, but just te fact the Browns fan chooses the 16 year old over grown adults shows the mentality (and small penis) of these idiots.

The sad thing about these continuing stories is, it's going to lead to the barring of tailgating by the NFL. It's the logical thing to do.

No more Alcohol allowed on the premises except what is bought from the concessions at $12 a throw . That will actually raise the $ made by the concessions dramatically, while they can say it is for the protection of the family fan.

They will be right.

In order to supposedly cater to the fan, you will still be allowed to drink outside, but in cheesey outdoor pavilions, with some crappy band playing.

It's a win, win situation for the NFL. Bet on it

The sad thing about these continuing stories is, it's going to lead to the barring of tailgating by the NFL. It's the logical thing to do.

No more Alcohol allowed on the premises except what is bought from the concessions at $12 a throw . That will actually raise the $ made by the concessions dramatically, while they can say it is for the protection of the family fan.

They will be right.

In order to supposedly cater to the fan, you will still be allowed to drink outside, but in cheesey outdoor pavilions, with some crappy band playing.

It's a win, win situation for the NFL. Bet on it

This is true. But on the flip side, you never hear about anyone getting their a$$ kicked at an NBA game unless it's Ron Artest coming into the stands ...

Archived