Bart Scott is a goner...

Vudu

As the author I can tell you that Scotts numbers are 100% correct. Other guys are not. His is 100% correct. I have an article right now on the costs and how they likely will cut him http://nyjetscap.com/2011_Post/bartscottcut.php

What source do u have that outlines form10% certainty they didn't renegotiate again during the season this yr? I'm not saying you were never right but those things change daily. Nn

As the author I can tell you that Scotts numbers are 100% correct. Other guys are not. His is 100% correct. I have an article right now on the costs and how they likely will cut him http://nyjetscap.com...artscottcut.php

Don't forget about the extra $390K (2012 NFL minimum salary) that hits the cap for the 52nd-highest salary now becoming the 51st. That affects the net charge as well. If Scott is here and counts $6M then that's it. If he's gone and counts $7.2M (if no one else signs him) then the net cap increase is effectively $7.6M not $7.2M.

And it set us back on keeping key components of our team.

I never said that it was a good decision to go after nnamdi with all the free agents we had last offseason. All I'm trying to say is the jets aren't afraid to go after a big name free agent especially with us not making the playoffs this year. Woody has to find some way to sell tickets.

According to beat writers on Twitter

With no postseason, changes are coming for #Jets. Here's one: Source tells me Bart Scott won't be back next season.

I'll wait until player moves are official. Too many rumors going on now for anyone to confirm anything. While I can't say I would disagree with the move based on production.

What source do u have that outlines form10% certainty they didn't renegotiate again during the season this yr? I'm not saying you were never right but those things change daily. Nn

Call it 99.999% certainty. There were no changes to Scotts salary structure during the year and there is no reason why a player would voluntarily give up guaranteed money.

Don't forget about the extra $390K (2012 NFL minimum salary) that hits the cap for the 52nd-highest salary now becoming the 51st. That affects the net charge as well. If Scott is here and counts $6M then that's it. If he's gone and counts $7.2M (if no one else signs him) then the net cap increase is effectively $7.6M not $7.2M.

Good point. I guess it depends on if the contribution of the new guy is worth an additional 400K. Scott was so bad it might be. If the report is true I wonder what it means for Calvin Pace? Probably more of a market for him than Scott. He also had about $4.1 million in guarantees.

Call it 99.999% certainty. There were no changes to Scotts salary structure during the year and there is no reason why a player would voluntarily give up guaranteed money.

I never said give up. Mi said take it in 2011 instead. You're probably right but since you don't work for a front office or the jets there are plenty of chances of you bring wrong. Prob not but th chances are there.

I never said give up. Mi said take it in 2011 instead. You're probably right but since you don't work for a front office or the jets there are plenty of chances of you bring wrong. Prob not but th chances are there.

He could not take it in 2011 unless the Jets screwed up future cap charges (any money would have been prorated except base salary and that did not increase) which would make no sense. The new CBA has rules in place that make it pointless to use up cap in the current year by prepaying deals that way too. Teams could do it, but there is no point unless it is for tax purposes or something completely non-football related.

Scott proved to be overrated and underachiever- surrounded by more talent in Baltimore it concealed that maybe.

Ha! Scott was an absolute monster last year. Graded out as one of the best ILB in the league. Knowing his job coupled with that production is incredible. He was very good the season before as well. This comment couldnt be further from the truth.

And not to long ago, we were thanking him for helping change the culture and making this D nasty. Its funny what a puny little cali faghomo model can do to a fanbase.

Ha! Scott was an absolute monster last year. Graded out as one of the best ILB in the league. Knowing his job coupled with that production is incredible. He was very good the season before as well. This comment couldnt be further from the truth.

And not to long ago, we were thanking him for helping change the culture and making this D nasty. Its funny what a puny little cali faghomo model can do to a fanbase.

Bart Scott made $23,000,000 for the last three years of decent service here. DeMarcus Ware has made $21,500,000 over the same span

Bart Scott made $23,000,000 for the last three years of decent service here. DeMarcus Ware has made $21,500,000 over the same span

This year he was decent, not the seasons before when he was great. Who was a better team during that span?

And the whole money thing isnt a big deal to me. I get there's a cap but I dont get bent out shape for over paying for players.

While he was pretty good last year and Im sure PFF and FO graded him as one of the better players during the year I dont believe the Jets did that watching their films. The reason I say that is he took quite a paycut over the next two years to stay with the team. Guys who are considered the best at position dont take paycuts.

Are you really saying Scott was a great player this year buy everyone thinks he sucked because Sanchez? Really????

I remember his very first play here. It was a pre-season game against the Rams and he put one of the offensive lineman on their a$$.

Crushed him. I don't understand the Scott hate here. He is not at all that bad. He does a lot of the dirty work inside. It's the same as the Cotchery, Edwards, Lowery, Jones, Leon hate when they were "goners" too. It's a strange phenomenon how that happens.

Yeah... let's just add to our laundry list of needs this offseason. Pace sucks by the way. :D

Scott made a lot of plays that enabled David Harris to amass tackles. That was the scheme and he did it without complaining. I am still trying to figure out who all these stat crazy guys are that McElroy was talking about. Okay, Santonio. But by all accounts Plaxico has been a model citizen. Oh, maybe Mason. But he was gone in a flash. Frankly, I am tired of all these anonymous villains. Scott was up front, he talked trash but he did not make excuses for himself or even try to curry favor with the media. And he never walked around talking about how good he was. I liked him. I think it might be time for him to go, but as far as I am concerned, he was an okay signing.

Archived