Mortal Kombat Mafia: Game Over - Town Wins!

Nolder

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually the Ape was the first to bring it up. I never "wondered" about anything. A cop should most certainly trust their results. They also shouldn't PM players that have been "cleared" and start a chat. First off who's to say the person who PM's you is really the cop. Secondly, if you're the cop who's to say the person you're PMing isn't a GF or your result is invalid for some other reason.

The people freaking out about my suggestion are ones to keep an eye on.

APE did make mention of a GF but i still agree with you.

Good point Paranoid Pete.

Not really. If you read my initial post, the one that set this off... you'll see I make it clear the Cop OR ANY OTHER INVESTIGATIVE ROLE that can get around the GF. Cop will have to use their own discretion. I made the post to see how people would react. As usually, the dumb and scummy people are immediately biting on the idea of the Cop doing it and ignoring that there could be investigative roles that can't be undermined by a GF.

I just think he got the idea from Lily's game, and everyone loved it so much that he is trying it. You're trying to game a mod you have no idea about. That makes no sense. Being a little too paanoid if you ask me.

Ninja'd on gaming the mod. Not unlike Pac to be fear mongering either, btw.

gaming a mod is overstating it. I'm simply including the possibility that this isn't a vanilla game.. Nolder said as much a couple pages ago.

No it isn't... and I simply included Cop and any other investigative role that gets around a GF. You ignored that part so that you could make a mellowdramatic a$$ out of yourself.

No, you're already giving excuses to invalidate a future cops results from a seed you've now planted early on day one. I've never seen someone play so scummy so quickly in a game. If it weren't the fact that it's you and you're an idiot, I would think the only explanation would be that you're scum. Although I'm sure you think there's something clever and genius about this retarded play.

Agree with BG to an extent. Though the line between scum Pac and stupid Pac is very, very thin.

Votecount

Pac - Vic, JF80, Song, BG, Leelou (5)

JC - Lily, AVM (2)

Ape - Crusher, Smash (2)

Verbal - SMC (1)

JiF - Ape (1)

Vic - Pac (1)

AVM - JC (1)

JF80 - JiF (1)

Smash - Straightcash (1)

Leelou - Verbal (1)

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch

I don't think it's a bad idea at all. I just played Lily's game, wasn't the cop, but I did get the name of a townie for a reward, and we formed an alliance and it was pretty fun and nice to have someone to share my thoughts with. I understand that there may be a god father, but I think the reward is worth the risk. *shrugs*

While I dont like the Ape's idea - I'll share a QT with you any day, bb

Not really. If you read my initial post, the one that set this off... you'll see I make it clear the Cop OR ANY OTHER INVESTIGATIVE ROLE that can get around the GF. Cop will have to use their own discretion. I made the post to see how people would react. As usually, the dumb and scummy people are immediately biting on the idea of the Cop doing it and ignoring that there could be investigative roles that can't be undermined by a GF.

Ninja'd on gaming the mod. Not unlike Pac to be fear mongering either, btw.

No it isn't... and I simply included Cop and any other investigative role that gets around a GF. You ignored that part so that you could make a mellowdramatic a$$ out of yourself.

Agree with BG to an extent. Though the line between scum Pac and stupid Pac is very, very thin.

I was actually making fun of Pac. I like your idea.*

*note:too poop on

With you being a mod there that's like going behind enemy lines, Verbal Jong-il

Ape, what's to prevent scum from infiltrating the Cop QT?

Absolutely nothing if they have a GF and the GF gets viewed and then the cop shares his/her QT with the GF.

Listen, I put a thought out there for reactions. I expect that the Cop is sensible enough to play their role with considerations to all the risks that face them. Notice in my original post I mention other investigative roles, like LD, that can get around the GF threat. In all honesty... if anyone has a way of vetting townies without any risk of scum infiltration, they should create their own QTs and collaborate. I don't think I'm stating anything anyone wasn't already thinking... however, I wanted to put my post out in thread the way I did for reactionary purposes.

Actually the Ape was the first to bring it up. I never "wondered" about anything. A cop should most certainly trust their results. They also shouldn't PM players that have been "cleared" and start a chat. First off who's to say the person who PM's you is really the cop. Secondly, if you're the cop who's to say the person you're PMing isn't a GF or your result is invalid for some other reason.

The people freaking out about my suggestion are ones to keep an eye on.

You are the one freaking out. Dopey.

APE did make mention of a GF but i still agree with you.

There's more to worry about with his stupid plan than just a GF. Apparently pointing that out is a form of "fear mongering" haha..

What's more scummy? Agreeing to have a cop PM "cleared" players and forming a homo chat, or pointing out the flaw(s) in that strategy?

Absolutely nothing if they have a GF and the GF gets viewed and then the cop shares his/her QT with the GF.

Listen, I put a thought out there for reactions. I expect that the Cop is sensible enough to play their role with considerations to all the risks that face them. Notice in my original post I mention other investigative roles, like LD, that can get around the GF threat. In all honesty... if anyone has a way of vetting townies without any risk of scum infiltration, they should create their own QTs and collaborate. I don't think I'm stating anything anyone wasn't already thinking... however, I wanted to put my post out in thread the way I did for reactionary purposes.

Hard to trust the QT thingy...gives another opportunity for the smooth talkin, trap laying scum to mindfuk a clueless townie...but hey too each their own...has some advantages and disadvantages...scum could easily say..."hey, i'm the Cop", "cleared you last night", let's strategize"...

I'd pass...but hey if ya gotta link...PM me...lol

There's more to worry about with his stupid plan than just a GF. Apparently pointing that out is a form of "fear mongering" haha..

What's more scummy? Agreeing to have a cop PM "cleared" players and forming a homo chat, or pointing out the flaw(s) in that strategy?

You dont have to ask I already agree with you, thought I made that clear. I think this could be the APE thinking out loud (like he said) since i dont think he would be dumb enough to keep pushing the idea .

When I made the post, I did so knowing full-well that it was a flawed plan for a Cop. You aren't exactly enlightening anyone... I put the plan forward for Cop + investigative roles not impacted by faulty results, like the GF. You chose to make the conversation exclusively about the Cop. You also chose to over-react to it first... so yeah, you are freaking out. Like the typical dumb drama queen we know you to be.

You should have let it play out for more than a heartbeat, so we could have gotten more than 3-4 reactions... before making yourself the center of discussion.

I am as calm as a leaf on a babbling brook.. My play is calculated - perhaps too advanced for you to understand. The only one who freaked out is BG.

No you aren't. Pretty sure by the flurry of posts by you, others would argue you are the only one freaking out. Why would I expect you to see this though... everyone else understood the flaw in my suggestion as it pertains specifically to a Cop immediately, but here you are thumping your chest like you just solved the riddle of the sphynx because you figured out what was obvious to the rest of us... so stupid.

You dont have to ask I already agree with you, thought I made that clear. I think this could be the APE thinking out loud (like he said) since i dont think he would be dumb enough to keep pushing the idea .

Correct. I'm not pushing.

I put a post out there I knew would be polarizing, and I'm watching now (and making fun of Pac a bit).

No you aren't. Pretty sure by the flurry of posts by you, others would argue you are the only one freaking out. Why would I expect you to see this though... everyone else understood the flaw in my suggestion as it pertains specifically to a Cop immediately, but here you are thumping your chest like you just solved the riddle of the sphynx because you figured out what was obvious to the rest of us... so stupid.

More egocentrism from the Ape.. shocking.

My entire body of work this game has been calculated. Not just my reaction to your preposterous plan.

More egocentrism from the Ape.. shocking.

My entire body of work this game has been calculated. Not just my reaction to your preposterous plan.

That's good. You can tell us all how genius it is after the game ends... for now, stfu.

And seriously, you pompous tit... do you ever read your own drivel? Talk to me about ego... laughable.

Your suggestion was a bad idea, but making bad suggestions doesn't make anyone scum. Among the many things JN Mafia has tought me, people do stupid things as town.

That's good. You can tell us all how genius it is after the game ends... for now, stfu.

And seriously, you pompous tit... do you ever read your own drivel? Talk to me about ego... laughable.

yeah but mine is calculated ego.. yours is authentic.. hahaha...

Your suggestion was a bad idea, but making bad suggestions doesn't make anyone scum. Among the many things JN Mafia has tought me, people do stupid things as town.

Which is why I let it fly. Gave us something for people to take a position on, no?

yeah but mine is calculated ego.. yours is authentic.. hahaha...

You suck at this, I miss CTM ... I had forgotten how vast the dropoff in intellect is going from CTM to you.

I am as calm as a leaf on a babbling brook.. My play is calculated - perhaps too advanced for you to understand. The only one who freaked out is BG.

No, I simply called you an idiot for your ridiculous play to start the game. While you've since tried to justify it, you do realize there's a pretty big difference between having a concern over flaws in Ape's plan (such as a godfather being contacted by the cop), and trying to plant the seed that all of the cop's investigative results will be wrong, right?

It's no surprise that you're now trying to claim this was a "calculated move", but the only problem is your reaction makes no sense if that were the case. Obviously if someone agreed with your moronic theory, that would be very scummy, but now you're trying to play it off that my calling you out on your (supposedly intentionally) scummy play is scummy. How does that make any sense? So I guess someone is scummy unless they completely ignore you?

Votecount

Pac - Vic, JF80, Song, BG, Leelou, JiF (6)

JC - Lily, AVM (2)

Ape - Crusher, Smash (2)

Verbal - SMC (1)

JiF - Ape (1)

Vic - Pac (1)

AVM - JC (1)

Smash - Straightcash (1)

Leelou - Verbal (1)

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch

Archived