Shotty's Gone

JonEJet

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sparano by himself right now, disgraceful.

According to cimini via twitter it's Sparano as OC. This absolutely baffles me let's hire a guy who never ran a offensive passing game in his life, this will seal Sanchez inevitable fail, those dolphins offenses only took 10 games and 2 QB's to get going, oh did I mention it was after he was fired when that happened, I would rather have Schotty. DEAD FUKING SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet. If the Haley/Sparano thing has any truth to it, that's a whole different ball game. Either way, there is absolutely nothing that would make me rather have Schotty, which would include Rex calling the offensive plays himself. This is a very good thing, let's just enjoy it for now and wait to see what the future brings.

Sparano is going to ruin Sanchez the same way he ruined Henne, and when that happens, Tannenbaum is next up on the block.

THIS times a million.

The Jets will have a system worse than Schottys, run run **** now what I've never coached a passing game before? So an offensive line coach is a offensive coordinator in a pass first league **** me, I guess there isn't a Tebow in Jets land, the thought of thinking there was a Tebow lasted 1 ******* minute I'm more pissed now then I was when I thought Schotty would be here.

I don't get it why not even explore other options this is a freak out move to the lack of discipline on the O this year, wait till Holmes is more disgruntled next year with Sparano ruining Sanchez more (didn't think that was possible) he will be the most disruptive player ever come week 5 when were 1-4, and lost every game 7-3.

Oh shut the **** up. We get it, every problem the Jets have ever had in it's entire history is Sanchez's fault. Yes, he sucks, we get it.. now **** off.

I guess not well, since I was only asking a question. Take Sanchez out of the equation, who would you rather have?

Lol seriously just Sporano right now? I doubt that lasts so I guess I'll retract the escaped lawl.

Um so yeah...Jets lost a couple of really good coaches today with Ellard and Schotty...obviously we knew about Callahan....no way they don't go big name and try to grab another recently fired offensive minded (former) HC.

All this is meh...I can't wait to see them go get players.

I guess not well, since I was only asking a question. Take Sanchez out of the equation, who would you rather have?

I feel worse now then I did 15 minutes ago when Schotty was the O-Coordinator, and I ******* hate Schotty.

Unless this comes with Haley, I'll feel better, but still won't like it, where is Kurt Warner, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and Breaston? Haley is sh*t with out them, only plus this could be would be the possibility of him bringing Bowe with him.

I'd rather have you as our OC than Schotty at this point. It's been 6 years of failures, and it was beyond clear that nothing was going to change that as long as he was still here. Sometimes all it takes is a change to help things improve. I'd much rather have a proven coach with past success, but at this point something, anything, needed to be done and I'm willing to give whoever the hell the Jets pick the benefit of doubt, at least for the time being. Sparano is certainly not near the top of my list of personal choices, but there is at least some sort of potential available there, something that disappeared from this team's offensive coaching staff many years ago now.

with tony sparano being the OC its gonna b soo interesting to c sanchez cause sparano was soo sneaky with the dolphins he always had sumthing up his sleeve and will give sanchez more breathing room and will have a stellar year i can feel it babyyyy #j.e.t.sjetsjetsjets

Sparano wont ruin Sanchez. To me this hire is basically a give up on Sanchez. They wont ruin him they just will pretend he barely exists. Rex wants to go back to ground and pound and he got what he wanted. The play selection in Miami the last 4 years was 52.3%, 51.7%, 55.6%, and 50% pass plays(the last number includes the games where he was canned so it may have been a bit different). Thats the brand Rex wants. He also has a guy calling plays with actual head coaching experience which Im sure he believes is superior to Schotty with none and no idea of flow in a game. The problem is Sparano makes just as many boneheaded calls in games. That one game where he was going for 2 points against the Jets to essentially give the Jets a chance to comeback may have been the craziest decision of all time. Im sure Rex also looks at Sparano as a guy who beat him in Miami and thus has to be really good.

Sparano wont ruin Sanchez. To me this hire is basically a give up on Sanchez. They wont ruin him they just will pretend he barely exists. Rex wants to go back to ground and pound and he got what he wanted. The play selection in Miami the last 4 years was 52.3%, 51.7%, 55.6%, and 50% pass plays(the last number includes the games where he was canned so it may have been a bit different). Thats the brand Rex wants. He also has a guy calling plays with actual head coaching experience which Im sure he believes is superior to Schotty with none and no idea of flow in a game. The problem is Sparano makes just as many boneheaded calls in games. That one game where he was going for 2 points against the Jets to essentially give the Jets a chance to comeback may have been the craziest decision of all time. Im sure Rex also looks at Sparano as a guy who beat him in Miami and thus has to be really good.

Good insight, Jason. I think the disappointing aspect is that it seems unlikely that Sparano would be the guy to make Sanchez a real, live QB. as you said, this is the white flag.

Oh, and Sanchez will probably be good next year. 4th year...a training camp...some more young guys (as in, guys he's older/more experienced than) on the roster as it moves away from the '08-'10 core....a nice vacation with 30 white bitches...champagne wishes....no more whippings and beatings from Schottenheimer....

Why would he run a pass first offense when the only QB's he's given are guys like Matt Moore, Chad Henne, Pat White, etc? That's like saying an HC that's coaching Peyton Manning can't lead a rushing attack as an OC because "look at how many times his offense threw the ball!"

Good insight, Jason. I think the disappointing aspect is that it seems unlikely that Sparano would be the guy to make Sanchez a real, live QB. as you said, this is the white flag.

To me its a complete give up on him. Maybe thats in the best interest of the team, but I have to admit I would have liked to have seen the Jets at least have given him one chance to sink or swim. Every bust gets one. Mark got the rug pulled out every time they tried and they lost a game. Didnt matter if it was his fault or not. The blame almost always went on his passing. Qbs either get better by sitting and watching or being thrown to the wolves. The Jets did some tightrope walk where he didnt sit but was never really thrown to the wolves either. Its going to be 4 years of handing the ball off.

Why would he run a pass first offense when the only QB's he's given are guys like Matt Moore, Chad Henne, Pat White, etc? That's like saying an HC that's coaching Peyton Manning can't lead a rushing attack as an OC because "look at how many times his offense threw the ball!"

Those guys in Miami thought Pennington and Henne were the goods. Its a philosophical thing. Guys who think pass think they can make any QB into a serviceable guy. Guys who think run rarely try it.

Come on. Let's just enjoy it for now and wait to see what the future brings.

I see what you did there, but the truth is that's all we should do. But some people around here have to bitch and moan about absolutely everything all of the time. This is a time for celebrating, we'll have plenty of time to bitch once Schitty's replacement (whether or not that's Sparano) actually starts sucking for the Jets.

To me its a complete give up on him. Maybe thats in the best interest of the team, but I have to admit I would have liked to have seen the Jets at least have given him one chance to sink or swim. Every bust gets one. Mark got the rug pulled out every time they tried and they lost a game. Didnt matter if it was his fault or not. The blame almost always went on his passing. Qbs either get better by sitting and watching or being thrown to the wolves. The Jets did some tightrope walk where he didnt sit but was never really thrown to the wolves either. Its going to be 4 years of handing the ball off.

Do you think they bring in a substantial QB talent this offseason? How hard do you think they look? Might they even try to draft his replacement? How high does the guy have to be taken to be seen as his replacement/a substantial QB talent?

I do have to say that I know how those Sanchez Can-do-no-wrongers out there feel when they try to push for the Brees comparison. SD was pretty much done with Brees going into '04 until he made them decide they weren't. Does Sanchez have that in him? Probably not, but yeah...g'dammit.

Archived