NY Jets players bash Mark Sanchez, say they want Peyton Manning

F.Chowds

Are you serious ? This team has issues at RB,WR,RT,SS,FS,LB and you say its only the QB ? Come on man

Oh wait I forgot TE and thats not JUST refering to Keller

Qb, RT, Safety - thats it. Teams with "glaring holes" arent 8-5 down the stretch despite having one of the worst QB's in the league. This team with an adequate QB would have won at least 10 games. 10 win teams dont have "glaring holes", they have positions that could be upgraded.

The Jets are a good team with a horrible QB. For some reason, you cant get it through your thick skull how important a QB is to a team.

If I remember correctly they said in the past three years Eli has 58 turnovers to Marks 51 or 53 I forget.

Its' true, I double checked, he threw 25 INT's last year alone... they were 8-8

Yup and by a good margin... 55 picks and 17 fumbles lost.

Wow - we'll...are they counting Mark fumbles he hasnt lost and the INT's dropped. ;-).

Pretty shocked by that but in a lot of ways the Giants have underachieved.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what is this nonsense?

who are these people that view the Jets as a "joke"? Why would Sparano and Haley consider splitting duties and taking less money for a team that's a joke?

Do you really think any FA's are going to refuse to come here when Woody opens his checkbook?

Other than a couple posters on this board and Mike Florio I have yet to hear many people referring th them as a circus.. there's a big difference between having some turmoil and being a joke.

I was listening to Mike and Mike for a few minutes on the radio this morning and that's exactly how Greenberg characterized the Jets now as "looking foolish" and...a joke...and he's a Jets fan

I didnt say that it makes the other players opinion invalid. When you say there is a large enough portion of the team, who? how many?

No, you didn't. But Mangold did. As for numbers, I don't know. There's a handful, I couldn't say, but enough to make this a story. When you combine it with comments that Cromartie and Holmes have made, articles from weeks ago about the Jets no longer being sure about Sanchez as the future, and what's so obvious to most people who watch the games, it's clear all is not well in the Sanchez/Jets world.

Hell, even the firing of Schotty speaks to this. They waited until after he interviewed, and allowed him to step down. One could make a strong case that much of that comes from knowing that Schotty is the sacrificial lamb for the real problem, and sending him out with dignity despite how easily they could have tried to say, "he's the problem, we'll be fine now" like most fans believed.

If Sanchez is so terrible, why are these loser unnamed "sources" so envious of him? He probably makes more $ than they do. Sorry, but until these cowards put their names to the quotes, they can eff off AFAIAC. Has Sanchez been disappointing? Yep. Is he accountable? Yep. Is Rex accountable? Yep. Is Scotty accountable? Yep. Is Tanny accountable? Yep. Is the o-line accountable? Yep. Is the TE accountable? Yep. Are the WR's accountable? yep. There is plenty of blame to go around. Remember......someone made Santonio Holmes a team captain. Santonio Holmes, the guy who quit on the field. There are not enough buses on the road to run over Sanchez for all of his "teammates" to throw him under. As for players on the defense....................is it Sanchez' faultt that Tebow danced through them in Denver? Is it Sanchez' fault they allowed a 20-play 15 minute drive by Miami? Really, these jerks should all STFU.

Wouldn't it be funny if this was Bart Scott saying these things, since he's likely leaving. Or maybe it Pouha, because his logic is solid

I really think it's Pouha BJ667 because he was on Twitter all day yesterday answering all kinds of questions from everybody who asked him-so yea, if I had to guess I'd say Sione was one of the guys talking to Manish-who is also a very active tweeter

If Sanchez is so terrible, why are these loser unnamed "sources" so envious of him? He probably makes more $ than they do.

It doesn't. Riley or Conley aren't important enough to complain. Hunter and Greene aren't good enough. Scott and Cro yak all the time, so who cares what they say? Burress and Holmes are ghetto thugs who're just jealous of Mark's swag. Right down the line.

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH

This is the same paper that last week was blaming Santonio for all of the Jets problems. No mention of Sanchez. Actually, they seemed like Sanchez was the victim. Now that is all changed.

Other than fumbles, Sanchez had a better year than last. The issue lies in many areas and Sanchez is part of it. However, where was the separation by the receivers, where was the blocking by the Offensive Line and why was Shotty not adjusting his play calling to beat defenses?

So it all comes down to Sanchez not working hard and the organization babying him. That is why they were 8-8.

No, you didn't. But Mangold did. As for numbers, I don't know. There's a handful, I couldn't say, but enough to make this a story. When you combine it with comments that Cromartie and Holmes have made, articles from weeks ago about the Jets no longer being sure about Sanchez as the future, and what's so obvious to most people who watch the games, it's clear all is not well in the Sanchez/Jets world.

Hell, even the firing of Schotty speaks to this. This was literally they waited until after he interviewed, and allowed him to step down. One could make a strong case that much of that comes from knowing that Schotty is the sacrificial lamb for the real problem, and sending him out with dignity despite how easily they could have tried to say, "he's the problem, we'll be fine now" like most fans believed.

We dont know if Mangold did or didnt. just as you stated with Mehta, he could have been stating in his opinion that its false and then maybe wanted the unnamed sources to put their name on it so he could disscuss it with them and ask why they had that opinion.

We dropped from a large enough portion down to a handful. When you combine the comments that mangold and Tomlinson made, Tweets from Mehta and this from Cimini:

RichCiminiRich Cimini

@starpula I do not believe that is the case. He works hard. Obviously, he played poorly, but I don't think work ethic is the issue.

34 minutes ago

and the obvious lack of overall talent on offense from watching the games its clear that all is not well in the jets world.

Even the firing of schotty speaks to this. One could make a strong case that much of that comes from knowing that Schotty is the sacrificial lamb for the real problem. The Jets havent drafted talented playmakers on offense for years and he has struggled as coordinator for the 6 years he was here because of that.

That's because I don't fold the tent and bash the team at any given moment

All I know is I call it the way I see it and could care less about being a part of any internet clique Jon here at JN or on Twitter-I saw this team as a .500 team months ago and said it. I also could care less about kissing any Jets players' asses or try to pretend that I have some 'relationship' with a name on a Twitter account so I would NEVER say anything to jeopardize my Twitter "friend'. all I know is we never get anything about football from Nick Mangold on Twitter anyway and I have gotten more from the 'retired" Damien Woody the few times I have spoken with him on there-I'd rather have the truth than some spin-I know what I see from Mark sanchez and from rex Ryan and from mike Tannenbaum and I haven't been too happy with any of it since football came back last summer.

We dropped from a large enough portion down to a handful.

As far as I'm concerned, "a handful" is a large portion when it comes to not believing in the teams QB in a QB driven league.

As for what you say about work ethic, that's fine. I've stated it's really not the one that bothers me the most, nor one I can say anything about. The other points, IMO, are significantly more scathing, and are confirmed by what we see on the field.

Publishing articles with unnamed sources is just bad etiquette. Ridiculous.

The Boondocks had a strip that summed it up quite well. "Unnamed sources is code for, we're just gonna make some **** up," It's not bad ettiquette it's more unprofessional. I just graduated with a journalism degree and when I see the way most sports writers do their stories it's quite pathetic.

I mean look at how they did it. Wednesday, typically a very slow news day. Nothing will come out today about the giants, and on the heels of the Schottenheimer firing. It comes out at a time to maximize paper sales

Other than fumbles, Sanchez had a better year than last.

He had significantly more INTs with nearly identical completion percentage, average, and passer rating. You can talk about minor point increases in them, but I'd just bring up standard devations, so why bother?

The fumbles were actually nearly identical (10 to 9), he just lost most of them this year (80%) as opposed to last year (11%).

I don't think will should kill Mehta here. It's the ahole Jet players that are too cowardly to put their names to it.

It's not like Mehta is like that ahole Isola. The other day he wrote an article saying "Rumors Swirling of Amar'e to Orlando." In his article he quotes only one source, and it's from the Orlando Magic. The source said:

"Amar'e is a great player, but he's never been discussed."

So, LOL, where are these "rumors swirling"? Among the beat writers make crap up?

Bob Wischusen@wischusen_espn6m

My thoughts on @Mark_Sanchez.."unnamed players" can take issue with his performance, inconsistency, game management etc...BUT...

Questioning his work ethic or toughness flies in the face of everything I've been told about him on and off the record..he wants to be good

& just so I've got it straight,when they went to 2 Champ games #Sanchez's role was overblown, but this year's implosion is mostly his fault?

Publishing articles with unnamed sources is just bad etiquette. Ridiculous.

It's done all the time bro-half the time you have to get stuff and people will say "OK, I'll tell you but you can't use my name" that's how we end up getting the truth. I mean look at what happened with McElroy last week-he had to cancel all of his upcoming ESPN and NFLN appearances because he was told that if he likes being a member of the NY Jets then he better shut his mouth and quick...

Are you serious ? This team has issues at RB,WR,RT,SS,FS,LB and you say its only the QB ? Come on man

Oh wait I forgot TE and thats not JUST refering to Keller

So it's a team with one of the worst QB's and "glaring holes" at RB,WR,RT,SS,FS,LB and yet they went 8-8? And the two years before that they won multiple playoff games? Pity those poor sub .500 teams then because they must be missing 11 positions or more...

He had significantly more INTs with nearly identical completion percentage, average, and passer rating. You can talk about minor point increases in them, but I'd just bring up standard devations, so why bother?

The fumbles were actually nearly identical (10 to 9), he just lost most of them this year (80%) as opposed to last year (11%).

Ok, you proved your point. All you had to do is ignore the fact that he also doubled his rushing TD's (3 to 6), had 9 more passing touchdowns, and improved his passing TD/INT ratio by +4 from +4 to +8 so... congratulations on your epic argument.

It's done all the time bro-half the time you have to get stuff and people will say "OK, I'll tell you but you can't use my name" that's how we end up getting the truth. I mean look at what happened with McElroy last week-he had to cancel all of his upcoming ESPN and NFLN appearances because he was told that if he likes being a member of the NY Jets then he better shut his mouth and quick...

Theres a difference of anonymous news that will eventually come to fruition like "Bill Callahan leaving.." and talking sh*t "Mark is a poopy face. He is a lazy loser, boo hoo hoo.."

Ok, you proved your point. All you had to do is ignore the fact that he also doubled his rushing TD's (3 to 6), had 9 more passing touchdowns, and improved his passing TD/INT ratio by +4 from +4 to +8 so... congratulations on your epic argument.

I was told "other than fumbles", Sanchez was better than last year. That's what I responded to.

Very easy win.

I was listening to Mike and Mike for a few minutes on the radio this morning and that's exactly how Greenberg characterized the Jets now as "looking foolish" and...a joke...and he's a Jets fan

I heard that too but it's hard to take Greenie seriously.. He used to play Whintey Houstons I will Always Love You any time they talked about Pennington.

My guess is if Sparano and Haley come here, we have a good draft, and pick up a couple key FA's, he'll be back to riding Rex's jock. He's just hurt.. the emotional little guy he is.

Given what you know about the Manning family and Peyton specifically, can you provide a single reason why he wouldn't choose San Francisco over the NYJ?

I dont know anything about the Manning family or Peyton. I just know that nobody gives a **** about the 49ers. Probably the most quiet 13-3 team ever. Manning likes the spot light, NYC provides that and if he comes here and wins a SB he'll be a hero playing in the same city as his brother. I think the Mannings taking over NYC is more appealing than moving out the west coast and playing for franchise that nobody gives a **** about.

I aslo think the 49ers are a fluke. They'll come back down to earth next season after they get waxed by Brees.

Bob Wischusen@wischusen_espn6m

My thoughts on @Mark_Sanchez.."unnamed players" can take issue with his performance, inconsistency, game management etc...BUT...

Questioning his work ethic or toughness flies in the face of everything I've been told about him on and off the record..he wants to be good

& just so I've got it straight,when they went to 2 Champ games #Sanchez's role was overblown, but this year's implosion is mostly his fault?

Well, I'm certainly glad that he wants to be good. I want to shed a few pounds, but that didn't stop me from going to get a delicious plate of street meat an hour ago.

As far as his last statement, only a complete fool would fail to understand how those are not conflicting viewpoints. The team went to back-to-back AFCCG in spite of Sanchez and due to an immense amount of luck. When his play fails to improve and you stop getting those breaks, you end up with this season's results.

Stick to the play-by-play, Bob, and leave the oh-so-astute color work to Lyons and Buttle.

I dont know anything about the Manning family or Peyton. I just know that nobody gives a **** about the 49ers. Probably the most quiet 13-3 team ever. Manning likes the spot light, NYC provides that and if he comes here and wins a SB he'll be a hero playing in the same city as his brother. I think the Mannings taking over NYC is more appealing than moving out the west coast and playing for franchise that nobody gives a **** about.

I aslo think the 49ers are a fluke. They'll come back down to earth next season after they get waxed by Brees.

Yeah, no, really. Just one reason. Come on.

Archived