who wins  

33 members have voted

1. 1. AFC

• Ravens
    • Patriots
  2. 2. NFC

• Giants
    • 49ers

Ravens looked old and slow on defense, if they play like they did today NE will slaughter them..

Giants vs SF is harder, word is that the weather is going to be nasty .. That favors sf I think as its very tough to run on SF

The NFC game is tough for me to call. Both teams have been playing way above my expectations every time I've watched them. This will be the first stout defense the Giants have seen in a while, and their defense still is best when rushing the passer, an advantage less helpful against the Niners. I think Niners will probably win, but I'd prefer the Giants to win because I want a rematch...

Which means for the AFC I have to make the homer pick and go with the Pats. The Ravens defense is still very good, and does have playmakers on it still. The question is can they get to Brady and disrupt him? They did a good job of getting Turnovers against TJ Yates, but can they count on a repeat performance against Brady?

Last time these two teams played, the Pats had just lost Wes Welker in week 17, and has basically no one else. The Ravens had a huge first quarter, getting up 21-0 thanks to turnovers, but then played an even game the last 3 quarters.

This year the Patriots have far more weapons on offense. If the Patriots can avoid turnovers (particularly infamous strip sacks, which the Ravens seem to always get against Brady), they should end up with a solid offensive performance. Not 45 points, but possibly something closer to 27 or more. If the Patriots can get a lead, can Flacco play catchup, or will he press and cause turnovers of his own?

I say Patriots 31, Ravens 20

TJ Yates and Arian Foster moved the ball pretty well against the Ravens D yesterday Brady may do the same. I know the Texans D played incredible yesterday and if not for a boneheaded play by Jacoby Jones they may have well pulled it off. Flacco looked horrible and if he does not show up next week I think Pats win by 10 or more. So depending on which Flacco shoews up will be the key to next week -- Want the Ravens to win but yesterday put some serious doubt in me.

Giants seem tp be peeking at the right time but SF maybe as well -- tough one to call Eli better QB but so was Brees by a mile -- Defence SF a tad bit better right now so this will go to the wire --

SF squeaks one out

49ers vs Patriots -- not to excited for that one if it happens -- But I have been know to be wrong b4.

49ers vs Patriots -- not to excited for that one if it happens -- But I have been know to be wrong b4.

Sf may be the worst matchup for NE.. They can get pressure with front 4 and have LB'ers that are athletic enough to cover the TE's

Sf may be the worst matchup for NE.. They can get pressure with front 4 and have LB'ers that are athletic enough to cover the TE's

Giants are similarly capable, and Boley is actually decent in coverage. But I agree, of the two teams the 49ers seem to be the team built best to stop the 2 TE attack.

That said, I'm not sure that Alex Smith paces Brady the way Eli could.

Meh, hopefully the Ravens thump the Pats and remind everyone that NE hasn't really played a good team in what? 2 months or something like that?

Giants are similarly capable, and Boley is actually decent in coverage. But I agree, of the two teams the 49ers seem to be the team built best to stop the 2 TE attack.

Meh, hopefully the Ravens thump the Pats and remind everyone that NE hasn't really played a good team in what? 2 months or something like that?

That ravens defense was showing its age on Sunday IMO ...

Didn't the Giants already beat the Pats in Phagboro?

They did. It was 24-20 in NE.

I know the Giants can beat the Pats. Wouldn't want to depend on Alex Smith playing in his first SB.

Yeah and the 2 best QB's this year are watching it on TV because their defenses stunk up the joint

Yeah, you need some measure of balance to win it all. The Packer D was quite good last year and the Saints D wasn't bad when Brees won it all. This year both defenses were awful.

The Patriots and Giants have the best of all worlds going on. They both have top 5 QB's, they have defenses that have improved drastically over the course of the season, they have adequate running games (which is all SB-winners have needed to win titles in every season over the course of the last decade), and they're peaking at the right time.

Yeah, you need some measure of balance to win it all. The Packer D was quite good last year and the Saints D wasn't bad when Brees won it all. This year both defenses were awful.

The Patriots and Giants have the best of all worlds going on. They both have top 5 QB's, they have defenses that have improved drastically over the course of the season, they have adequate running games (which is all SB-winners have needed to win titles in every season over the course of the last decade), and they're peaking at the right time.

I dunno about the Pats defense. The Bills and Dolphins both ran out to big leads the last two games of the season and a couple of games before that the Skins had them on the ropes. The only team they held down during that span was Denver twice.

Their offense is a different story and will be tough to stop.

Manning and who??

Do you bother reading posts ? Manning and who ? Manning didnt even play this year so how do you even bring him up in the conversation. Are Brees and Rodgers not allowed in the same conversation as Manning ? Those are the guys I was refering too.

People are voting with their hearts on the Pats-Ravens game. Baltimore doesn't have a chance.

i am predicting something in the neighborhood of 41-21 patriots or 41-24

pats give up their fair share of yards on offense but not in the 4th

Archived