F U Plastico

Jetfan13

Holmes with Big Ben, Plax with Eli, Mason with numerous guys. It doesn't matter if it's Tom Brady playing QB, no QB wants a whiny douche in the huddle.

Yet both Ben-Holmes and Eli-Plax won Super Bowls together. Not to mention, Brady-Moss had a helluva season even if it came 1 game short (losing to Eli-Plax no less).

Maybe pairing Sanchez with BOTH Holmes & Plax was more than could be handled. But if Sanchez were worth his salt, they would have made it work. This is a business.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why people are incapable of realizing that both positions are clearly a problem.

sh*t is embarrassing

Plax may have been an issue, and a bad signing, he's also the reason we were good in the red zone.

Both of them hated the QB. I don't blame them for that. I do for acting upon it by giving up.

Still, I believe with a better QB, these WRs have shown they're better. Sanchez, with a variety of WRs, has never been good.

The fact that he's fragile only makes things worse.

I think the anti-Sanchez movement, in their zeal to further demonize Sanchez, has gone over the edge in absolving every other stiff on the team.

See, Plax and Holmes are both a$$holes, but neither are stiffs. Its truly amazing that despite being in prison for 2 years prior and playing with a sh*tty QB, Plax still caught 8 TD's.

Holmes, meanwhile, is in his prime and was barely targeted all season. Is that on him? Maybe partly, but you have to pin 90 % of it on the guy that is supposed to get him the ball.

Wayne Hunter and Matt Mulligan....THOSE guys are stiffs.

Plax may have been an issue, and a bad signing, he's also the reason we were good in the red zone.

Both of them hated the QB. I don't blame them for that. I do for acting upon it by giving up.

Still, I believe with a better QB, these WRs have shown they're better. Sanchez, with a variety of WRs, has never been good.

The fact that he's fragile only makes things worse.

Plax, Shockey, Tiki didnt like Eli either. Assholes will be assholes regardless. Eli was happy to them gone.

3 of Plax's TD's came against Buffalo in the redzone. He was a non-factor the majority of the season and ran like he had lead in his cleats. We're a better team by default imo with him gone.

Plax, Shockey, Tiki didnt like Eli either. Assholes will be assholes regardless. Eli was happy to them gone.

3 of Plax's TD's came against Buffalo in the redzone. He was a non-factor the majority of the season and ran like he had lead in his cleats. We're a better team by default imo with him gone.

Assholes WRs can win championships. We've seen it.

Bad QBs on the other hand rarely do.

Assholes WRs can win championships. We've seen it.

Yep. And while perhaps not to the extent of Plax or Holmes, nearly every WR is an a$$hole to some degree. Even Marvin Harrison, a guy who was supposedly a class act, was arrested if I recall correctly. Brandon Marshall? Total sociopath. Yet he produced this year and with a better QB could definitely be part of a winning team.

I mean, getting rid of an unproductive a$$hole doesnt mean Sanchez needs to be coddled. It's the correct move actually.

That's true. The fact that even the coaching staff, front office, and LT on television admits he needs to be coddled means he needs to be coddled.

I think the anti-Sanchez movement, in their zeal to further demonize Sanchez, has gone over the edge in absolving every other stiff on the team.

The point of course is not to absolve everyone else, but to take the position that most other moves are rearranging furniture on the Titanic while Sanchez captain's the ship.

It's also to acknowledge that the way the league is officiated these days, QB play is significantly more important than everything else.

the Jets got rid of the cause of their offensive problems in January.... Poor Sam Bradford is stuck with it now

So, next year, where do you expect the Jets to be ranked offensively in the league now?

Top 3? Top 5? Top 10? Top 16?

Please go on record.

If he answers then he is throwing him under the bus -- If not he refuses to defend him -- lose/lose situation

Looks to me Plax just wanted to avoid more controversy.

That's exactly how I took it...Plax said nothing, and Costello conjured story from that

stats are for losers

the superbowl win next February in NOLA will be enough for me

Ok, so the offensive coordinator is the difference between a team that won 0 games against not only playoff teams but teams with a winning record and a Super Bowl Championship.

I guess that's the best summation of your position then?

See, Plax and Holmes are both a$$holes, but neither are stiffs. Its truly amazing that despite being in prison for 2 years prior and playing with a sh*tty QB, Plax still caught 8 TD's.

Holmes, meanwhile, is in his prime and was barely targeted all season. Is that on him? Maybe partly, but you have to pin 90 % of it on the guy that is supposed to get him the ball.

Wayne Hunter and Matt Mulligan....THOSE guys are stiffs.

You couldn't trade either of them for more than the fifth that Holmes originally cost you during his first fire sale.

You couldn't trade either of them for more than the fifth that Holmes originally cost you during his first fire sale.

Maybe so but that was AFTER they'd worn out their welcome. I do fault Tannenbaum for giving Holmes a huge extension but saying he's a "stiff" is beyond reason. Dude made one of the biggest SB catches of all-time and is definitely a top-15 receiver talent-wise. Going out and getting him for a 5th rounder was a no-brainer. Too bad the experiment failed and we missed our window.

At least we can move on without Burress if we so choose. Holmes we're stuck with.

Does anyone think the Giants would ever entertain the fact of bringing him back? Where exactly would he be on there depth chart anyway?

He had his chance, and chose to play for Rex because he didn't want to put up with evil Tom Coughlin and thought he would get a cheap superbowl instead.

He's going to have to live with his decision and will most likely be a Raider next year.

do Jet fans a favor, make yourself happy and root for the Packers or the Pats or the Giants or the Cowboys or the Steelers --- I'd recommend the Niners since they are the frontrunners up and coming choice these days

losing all the time??

so, in frontrunnerland, 31 NFL teams are losers and only one is a winner? Because, in the world of reality, the Jets are one of the non-loser teams over the last 10 seasons and better than that over the last three since Rex and Mark Sanchez got here

Archived