F U Plastico

Jetfan13

Kerry Rhodes and Vernon Gholston were the guys too once upon a time.

You can't seriously believe what Rex says, can you?

He's a pretty straight shooter and doesn't hol much to the vest. All I'm saying is there is nothing out there to improve the QB #1 situation that actually can work. Improve the #2 all you want, I agree but they have a ton of other positions that need work too.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the anti-Sanchez movement, in their zeal to further demonize Sanchez, has gone over the edge in absolving every other stiff on the team.

I think this is no different then when people posted the LT defense. Plaxico clearly thinks Sanchez is terrible, which supports some folks opinions.. and that's about it

So Ladainian is awesome for ripping Santonio for being a big doucher, but Plaxico is a dick for not debunking the notion that Sanchez is a pussy? That's our beef now?

and thumshane is doesn't see the hypocrisy of it...

that's about it

Cut bait if you can bring in Peyton Manning, yes.

Bring in viable competition via free agency (Jason Campbell, Hasselback, Orton) and draft another QB in the mid-rounds if you can't.

Or, option 3, bring in Matt Flynn, cut Sanchez after he gets obliterated in training camp.

Option 1 or 2.. want nothing to do with 3

Why would he defend him? He's not going to be on the team next year, and he clearly thinks Sanchez sucks.

Not sure I agree. He was good in the redzone. With a QB with a shred of accuracy I still think he can contribute.

Agreed.

If the Jets were as successful this season as they were the 2 before, Plax is exactly what the Jets were missing. A big RZ target. If Mark wasnt a turnover machine who cant hit the broad side of a barn, Plax would have been plenty useful.

it's impossible to even mention anything remotely positive with EY around

the coach sucks, the QB sucks, the starters suck, the backups suck, the offense sucks, the defense sucks, the special teams suck ---

how do you feel about the waterboys, EY??

Agreed.

If the Jets were as successful this season as they were the 2 before, Plax is exactly what the Jets were missing. A big RZ target. If Mark wasnt a turnover machine who cant hit the broad side of a barn, Plax would have been plenty useful.

At this point he's "merely" a very good possession WR who kills it in the end zone. Those skills are wasted with a QB who doesn't like to possess the ball or throw TDs without his hand being held.

If he answers then he is throwing him under the bus -- If not he refuses to defend him -- lose/lose situation Looks to me Plax just wanted to avoid more controversy.

That's exactly what I got from it. This is the most non-negative, negative article I've ever read in my life.

Oh...and Plax can go F himself anyway :D

it's impossible to even mention anything remotely positive with EY around

the coach sucks, the QB sucks, the starters suck, the backups suck, the offense sucks, the defense sucks, the special teams suck ---

how do you feel about the waterboys, EY??

Link to any one of my posts about the bold?

Nice read by Rod Boone

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo;JSESSIONID=BF0F6ADA43E755FAD852.3216?site=newsday&view=jets_item&feed:a=newsday_5min&feed:c=jets&feed:i=1.3500609&nopaging=1

Burress on Holmes-Sanchez: 'Its football, man. They'll be fine'

image.JPG

Updated: Feb 02, 2012 09:25 PM

By Roderick Boone

Multiple Page View

EDINBURGH, Ind. Plaxico Burress is tight with Santonio Holmes.

So Burress has a good idea of the wide receivers inner workings and seems sure Holmes will bounce back from the ugly incident in the season finale, when some teammates felt he quit on the team in the Jets' loss in Miami.

I know Santonio will be fine, Burress told me after a NFL military outreach event at Camp Atterbury, his first extensive interview since the season ended. We all go through things in our careers and do certain things that we wish we could take back. I believe in him.

I know how talented he is and he probably was a little frustrated because hes the No. 1 playmaker on that team on offense and he knows what kind of player he is. I know what kind of player he is. With everything that was going on, nobody really did as well as they wanted to. So everybody was a little frustrated.

But in Burress eyes, the fractured relationship between Holmes and Mark Sanchez shouldnt keep the two from coexisting.

Its football, man, he said. They'll be fine. They'll get together and sit down like men, hash out whatever it is they have going on. Everybody makes a big deal out of it, but theyll go out and play ball and Tone will make plays and Mark will play better. Theyll be just fine.

Burress believes the same goes for Sanchez, whos been criticized heavily for not taking that leap many thought he would in his third season.

If he were in a market like Cincinnati or Jacksonville, he wouldnt be scrutinized as much, Burress said. Me knowing him, hell work hard this offseason and its no doubt that hell come back and do better. Theres no doubt about it. He didnt do particularly as well as he wanted to. And we all didnt from that standpoint, ending up 8-8 and not making the playoffs.

I think he understands that their organization and that team will go as far as he plays. If he plays well, theyll win a championship and I think he understands that and I think hell play better.

Asked if Sanchez has the skill set to be an elite quarterback, Burress didnt hesitate even slightly.

Of course, he said. Youve seen him play well. Ive seen him play well and go out and make great decisions, and put the ball where it needs to be put. He didnt do as well as he would have liked for whatever reason that may be. This is the first time that Ive talked about it. But I think hell be just fine. I had a season where I didnt do as well as I wanted to particularly back in 2003 when we didnt make the playoffs when I was with the Steelers.

This is the second time in my career, that I havent made the playoffs. But hes a third-year guy going into his fourth year and this is the time where you usually see young guys become the kind of player they want to become. Hell work hard. I know that he doesnt like the feeling of him playing the way that he did and the things that people are saying. I know hell play better.

As for all the chatter about the Jets locker room issues from LaDainian Tomlinsons candid remarks to Greg McElroys comments and if its been blown out of proportion, Burress said he wasnt aware

Ive been so far away from everything media wise that I havent even seen or heard anything like that, he said. But the Jets locker room is the Jets locker room. Every locker room is different. The locker room is really where everything is supposed be kept in the locker room. What L.T. said, I didnt see it or read it. L.T. is a great friend of mine. I love him to death.

Another one of Burress good friends Giants running back Brandon Jacobs said the other day that Burress wasnt used properly with the Jets, which was a reason Burress caught 45 passes for 612 yards with eight TDs.

Asked if he thinks he could have made more plays if he was put in a better position to do so as Jacons suggested Burress said: I mean, everybody feels they can make more plays. I pretty much went out and did what I was asked to do. We called plays and we tried to make plays. Thats just how it is. I think I did pretty well for the most part.

I know this coming up season, Ill be stronger and Ill have minicamps and training camps and all those things to get ready to play.

So does Burress, wholl soon be a free agent, think its time to try something else and play for another team other than the Jets?

I wouldnt say its time to move on and try something else, he said. I was only there a year. That was the contract that I signed. I have nothing negative to say about Rex [Ryan] or Woody [Johnson] or Mike Tannenbaum. Man, they bought me in with a situation, not knowing what they were going to get out of me as far as not playing for two seasons. I tip my hat to Woody and Rex. I have nothing bad to say about those guys.

Hell soon evaluate what his next move will be.

Im just going to make the best decision -- what I think is the best situation for me, Burress said. Ill have the same evaluation process that I did when I decided to go to the Jets. Ill just look at the situation based on team, coach, style of play, offense. Different things like that. Im a receiver, so I cant do it by myself. So Im going to make a decision based on whats best for me and the family.

But hes confident he has more left in the old gas tank.

Ill be the first one to say when I think its time for me to shut it down and I dont feel like playing any more, thats when Ill sit it down, he said. I still have some playing days in front of me. Im going to enjoy it and have fun. When my body tells me I cant do it no more, I wont do it no more.

Don’t count on seeing Burress back in a Jets uniform in 2012. Burress spoke to reporters from after a show at the NFL Experience. He was expansive and happy when talking about the Giants appearing in the Super Bowl and his memories of Super Bowl XLII in 2008. Whenever the topic turned to the Jets, his answers were succinct and the smile vanished from his face.

When he was asked if he was happy with how his year with the Jets went, he said, “It went as it went.”

What? He's going to the Arena League with T.O.?

Actually, I'd rather him just say whats on his mind. I never understood the "controversy" in sports. Its a sport. Its not important in the scheme of things yet this watching yourself and this and that during your off season is ridiculous. Im not saying to be disrespectful, but seriously, its football.

Exactly and agreed...

EY...the slapdick said the same thing about me.....I think this guy is no fan...and just jerking off while strring things up.

Trust me, best thing to do is just ignore sg3 and his ultra-homer rage. Same guy is on JN spewing the same drivel. And btw, he'll engage in passive aggressive personal attacks frequently but when you give him a little taste he'll run to the mods and complain about personal attacks. Oh, any Jet fan who doesn't share his ultra-homer perspective will be labeled a Pats troll disguising as a Jet fan. For those of you who aren't familiar with his shtick, these words will prove prophetic.

In summary, I like JN to read for amusement purposes, I love JI for discussion with a mostly knowledgeable and respectful community, but I hate the fact he's on either board, especially here.

Jon, I'm starting to see a trend in how you determine which reporters are agenda-driven hacks and which ones are great, objective beat writers. It's a subtle trend, but the signs are there.

Whereas Rich Cimini is your hero? I get it now....hahahahaha

Trust me, best thing to do is just ignore sg3 and his ultra-homer rage. Same guy is on JN spewing the same drivel. And btw, he'll engage in passive aggressive personal attacks frequently but when you give him a little taste he'll run to the mods and complain about personal attacks. Oh, any Jet fan who doesn't share his ultra-homer perspective will be labeled a Pats troll disguising as a Jet fan. For those of you who aren't familiar with his shtick, these words will prove prophetic.

In summary, I like JN to read for amusement purposes, I love JI for discussion with a mostly knowledgeable and respectful community, but I hate the fact he's on either board, especially here.

Yeah, well we just started watching this movie. Thanks for telling us who the killer ends up being in the end.

I'm only watching to see the eventual train wreck scene at this point.

Jon, I'm starting to see a trend in how you determine which reporters are agenda-driven hacks and which ones are great, objective beat writers. It's a subtle trend, but the signs are there.

Well JoNe was at least commenting on a article where Burress actually commented on Sanchez. Posters took the other article where Burress said nothing and insinuated it to mean things like "it's pretty clear Burress thinks Sanchez sucks" and then are MIA when a article that states otherwise is presented.

The whole Sanchez thing has gotten stupid. We all know he is the opening week starter barring us somehow making the finances work for a healthy Manning. Otherwise you don't move off of your 1st rd draft pick after three seasons where two of them the team was successfull.

Any other mindset is just message board nonsense. Not talking about you specifically as I think he cost us a play-off birth as well although he had plenty of help with every unit on the team regressing. We are all smart enough to realize you don't cut bait at this point.

Well JoNe was at least commenting on a article where Burress actually commented on Sanchez. Posters took the other article where Burress said nothing and insinuated it to mean things like "it's pretty clear Burress thinks Sanchez sucks" and then are MIA when a article that states otherwise is presented.

The whole Sanchez thing has gotten stupid. We all know he is the opening week starter barring us somehow making the finances work for a healthy Manning. Otherwise you don't move off of your 1st rd draft pick after three seasons where two of them the team was successfull.

Any other mindset is just message board nonsense. Not talking about you specifically as I think he cost us a play-off birth as well although he had plenty of help with every unit on the team regressing. We are all smart enough to realize you don't cut bait at this point.

I can't blame people for being disappointed, man. It's like, you buy a Porsche and this brand new Porsche turns out to have a bad alternator, you get depressed about the Porsche you bought.

The point of course is not to absolve everyone else, but to take the position that most other moves are rearranging furniture on the Titanic while Sanchez captain's the ship.

It's also to acknowledge that the way the league is officiated these days, QB play is significantly more important than everything else.

Yep QB is all its about. Ask Aaron Rodgers when his Offensive line strated to melt down in the last Quarter of the season how his timing suffered and his playoff game was a disaster Im sure he would be glad to tell ya protection means nothing It was him doing it all year ..

Yep QB is all its about. Ask Aaron Rodgers when his Offensive line strated to melt down in the last Quarter of the season how his timing suffered and his playoff game was a disaster Im sure he would be glad to tell ya protection means nothing It was him doing it all year ..

Aaron Rodgers team got beat by a very good team who's in the super bowl now. A team, by the way, who's also got an elite QB.

Talk to me when great QBs aren't playing in the Super Bowl. Your points may resonate then.

Rodgers uncharacteristically missed wide open receivers, and when he hit them they dropped it. Not to mention the hail mary and how that changed the game. Between the long layoff and the death of the OC's son, they we were rusty. If they were playing today, I'd bet on Rodgers same way I did 3 weeks ago

Aaron Rodgers team got beat by a very good team who's in the super bowl now. A team, by the way, who's also got an elite QB.

Talk to me when great QBs aren't playing in the Super Bowl. Your points may resonate then.

The Giants are in the SB and won the previous SB they were in because their Defense got hot not because Eli is Elite. I have never seen such a lucky bastard as Eli in my life. How many more prayers will he throw up in this years SB ?

Rodgers uncharacteristically missed wide open receivers, and when he hit them they dropped it. Not to mention the hail mary and how that changed the game. Between the long layoff and the death of the OC's son, they we were rusty. If they were playing today, I'd bet on Rodgers same way I did 3 weeks ago

Yep had nothing to do with Pressure and Rodgers getting his brains beat in the last 5 games of the season right CTM ?? Give it up already. getting beat down effects QB;s no matter how great and it was obvious Rodgers was not settled in the pocket like he was earlier this year.

The Giants are in the SB and won the previous SB they were in because their Defense got hot not because Eli is Elite. I have never seen such a lucky bastard as Eli in my life. How many more prayers will he throw up in this years SB ?

Eli is top 10 in Passer Rating, top 5 in YPA, top 5 in YPG, and at least in the top half of the league in completion percentage. Top 10 in total offense and Top 5 in passing offense.

A good defense is key for the Giants. But, their offense and Eli are very good.

It's just so interesting that everything you add to these conversations is hypothetical and everything I've said is actually happening on the field... Just so interesting.

Eli is top 10 in Passer Rating, top 5 in YPA, top 5 in YPG, and at least in the top half of the league in completion percentage. Top 10 in total offense and Top 5 in passing offense.

A good defense is key for the Giants. But, their offense and Eli are very good.

It's just so interesting that everything you add to these conversations is hypothetical and everything I've said is actually happening on the field... Just so interesting.

I agree their offense is very good because they are loaded with talent Eli was sh*tting the bed parts of this year regardless of that talent when he should have been tearing it up. I think Eli is a good QB but hes not elite his WR's are elite and they do go up and get some of those ducks he throws up for grabs.

I agree their offense is very good because they are loaded with talent Eli was sh*tting the bed parts of this year regardless of that talent when he should have been tearing it up. I think Eli is a good QB but hes not elite his WR's are elite and they do go up and get some of those ducks he throws up for grabs.

There's Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and then you have to take Eli next. I don't see a way you can call him anything but the 4th best QB in the league right now.

Literally the only positive people have been able to find about Sanchez this year, "4th Q comebacks"... Well, Eli had 7 of them to Sanchez's 4.

So, if we're to call Sanchez clutch, or whatever... Do you call Eli about twice as clutch?

Yep had nothing to do with Pressure and Rodgers getting his brains beat in the last 5 games of the season right CTM ?? Give it up already. getting beat down effects QB;s no matter how great and it was obvious Rodgers was not settled in the pocket like he was earlier this year.

Yeah, I mean when he lit up the bears in his last game, he def looked shell shocked..

Gimme a break, he had a bad day, only partially caused by pass rush. He hits the first quarter throw to a wide open Jennings and the hail mary never happens and it's a much different game.

Archived