F U Plastico

Jetfan13

Burress refuses to defend besieged Jets QB Sanchez

Jets wide receiver Plaxico Burress said a lot by saying a little when asked about his season with the Jets after an autograph show in Indianapolis according to Brian Costello of the New York Post. The wide receiver made it sound as if he wanted to forget his time in green and white.

The most telling short answer came when he was asked what he thought of Mark Sanchez as a quarterback.

“Mark Sanchez is Mark Sanchez,” Burress said.

When he was asked what he thought of the criticism heaped on Sanchez since the Jets’ season ended, Burress did not stick up for the third-year quarterback.

Instead, he said, “I haven’t entertained any of it.”

Don’t count on seeing Burress back in a Jets uniform in 2012. Burress spoke to reporters from after a show at the NFL Experience. He was expansive and happy when talking about the Giants appearing in the Super Bowl and his memories of Super Bowl XLII in 2008. Whenever the topic turned to the Jets, his answers were succinct and the smile vanished from his face.

When he was asked if he was happy with how his year with the Jets went, he said, “It went as it went.”

Asked if he thought the Jets used him to the best of his capabilities, he said, “They used me the way they wanted to use me.”

When pressed about his opinion of how they used him, he said, “I just answered your question.”

Burress refuses to defend besieged Jets QB Sanchez

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so, OK, I read it....

sounds to me like Plax has gotten screwed, misquoted and beaten up by untalented hacks like Brian Costello, Rich Cimini and the like for years now and doesn't care to answer their stupid attempts to stir up things and muckrake anymore.

The question that the jackass asked him was a loaded negative question and he answered it properly saying that "he never entertained ANY of the bullsh*t Sanchez criticism" that Costello and gang were creating

yet, even though he answered the question correctly and didn't give the jackass Costello any fuel for his fire, the scumbag still wrote it up as a negative condemnation of Sanchez by Plax.

We all know that the Post is toilet paper but to blame Plax for not playing into the hands of this piece of garbage is blaming the victim in my opinion

Plax took a bigger check from the Jets. If you were expecting any kind of loyalty beyond getting paid you were going to be dissappointed. And that's not a knock, simply a fact. Most players are no different.

One more nail in the "players want to play for Rex Ryan" coffin. Also, not a knock, simply don't buy it when March 1st rolls around. Players will play for Rex Ryan if the check is bigger. Hopefully Tannebaum can this time concentrate on more than one free agent and not leave $8 million + in cap room and holes all over the team.

If he answers then he is throwing him under the bus -- If not he refuses to defend him -- lose/lose situation

Looks to me Plax just wanted to avoid more controversy.

The way he could have done that was "We all are to blame....and guys remember Sanchez...back to back AFCCG's?"......it is what it is.

If he answers then he is throwing him under the bus -- If not he refuses to defend him -- lose/lose situation

Looks to me Plax just wanted to avoid more controversy.

this

exactly this --- and, of course, the media jackass went ahead and wrote his negative agenda report anyhow

The way he could have done that was "We all are to blame....and guys remember Sanchez...back to back AFCCG's?"......it is what it is.

Yes, Burress should have gone out of his way to laud Sanchez for being the losing QB in back-to-back AFC Championship games that he watched from afar with Adebisi.

Ha!

But in all honesty the Plax signing was awful. He's beyond finished....and pairing him and Santonio with a mentally fragile QB was just asking for disaster.

Not sure I agree. He was good in the redzone. With a QB with a shred of accuracy I still think he can contribute.

Pairing him and Santonio won the Steelers a Superbowl. Yet their QB was a rapist not mentally fragile. LOL

Not sure I agree. He was good in the redzone. With a QB with a shred of accuracy I still think he can contribute.

Pairing him and Santonio won the Steelers a Superbowl. Yet their QB was a rapist not mentally fragile. LOL

Plax wasn't on the Steelers Super Bowl team. Santonio was shipped out the instant the Super Bowl was over.

Plax was awful this year man. Plaxico has worn out his welcome in 3 stops now....and he was never an elite WR either. One of the more overrated players of the past 10 years or so.

Ha!

But in all honesty the Plax signing was awful. He's beyond finished....and pairing him and Santonio with a mentally fragile QB was just asking for disaster.

Next season we should get rid of Plax and Holmes and pair Sanchez with Dr. Phil and a hippie with a FREE HUGS sign.

Plax wasn't on the Steelers Super Bowl team. Santonio was shipped out the instant the Super Bowl was over.

Plax was awful this year man. Plaxico has worn out his welcome in 3 stops now....and he was never an elite WR either. One of the more overrated players of the past 10 years or so.

Well they both caught winning Superbowl passes. I dare say Sanchez peaked when he lost the game before twice., So we have that.

Santonio was shipped out after getting busted for smoking weed after his QB raped a fat ugly chick in a bathroom stall. Rooney had to choose.

Yeah, Plax is on them. Just an insanely idiotic signing. We would have been better off with Turner on the outside.

It's mind-bending that they'd surround a young QB already short on confidence with three historically cancerous receivers who were all exiled from their former teams.

LET'S BRING BACK STUCKEY, COTCH, AND SOME WHITE DUDE

See, no offense man, because you're a good poster. But the capital letter, insert lunch pail type of guy player was never funny and will never be funny. It's patronizing and clearly isnt what anyone's getting at.

See, no offense man, because you're a good poster. But the capital letter, insert lunch pail type of guy player was never funny and will never be funny. It's patronizing and clearly isnt what anyone's getting at.

Agree to disagree.

would he be gritty?

He'd lead the league in the category.

Archived