Riddle me this JETSNATION...

BaumerJet

ok so what's your point

My point is this to all of the MARK SANCHEZ naysayers -

Sanchez's numbers were better than Namath...

Sanchez has thrown 51 Interceptions with a 55.3 completion record.

And in Namath's 4th year with the JETS, they changed the direction of the Offense to press more toward a run/pass & No-Huddle.

WE ALL KNOW HOW THAT SEASON ENDED...

And in Namath's 4th year with the JETS, they changed the direction of the Offense to press more toward a run/pass & No-Huddle.

You are clueless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 50% completion was good in Joe's day, it was real football back then, not the pussified version created mostly due to Tom Brady

back to drawing board for u

Idiot, stop with the text.

Secondly, Namath ******* sucked too. Congrats, you proved Sanchez sucks slightly less... or that Sanchez just had more opportunity... or that Sanchez had a better team.. or that Sanchez is playing in a different era.. or that you are lost.. or that stats don't tell the whole story.

ok so what's your point

his point is, I think, that everyone who thinks we have the worst QB,HC,RB,Safeties,LBs(see teh "Have we hit rock bottom" thread on this forum) should take a step back and re-evaluate what is really going on with our beloved Jets. We trended up the first 2 years with a rookie HC and Rookie QB. Last year, yeh, we missed the playoffs, 1 and 10 seemed like 1st and forever with our offense and if we went down by 2 TDs late in the year it was like FUHGETABOUTIT...It is fixable and I have faith that this HC of the NYJ is capable of kicking some moefackingass. Also have faith taht teh christmas tree will do well with picking up some ingredients to make this 2012 team better than last year. Bring on the draft moefackas!

Well wait now, if they did not throw as much back then why so many more interceptions? If they did not throw as much then completion % should be better?

I understand that it is easier to complete a pass today with the rules but they also throw a lot more passes and that should mean more interceptions. Or am I missing something?

Holy hell.

please refrain from presenting any facts to the Jets Haters club here at JN

Mark Sanchez is the worst quarterback in the history of the NFL and is SOLELY responsible for any negative production by the Jets offense the last three seasons. Any positive production was caused by a team effort and was not in any way a doing of Mark Sanchez --- 30 plus wins, 4 postseason wins, two trips to the Conference Championship game --- nope --- all the achievement of the placekicking holder and the fullback . There can be nothing that could ever change that conclusion as far as the club is concerned

RBywM.gif

Mark Sanchez is the worst quarterback in the history of the NFL and is SOLELY responsible for any negative production by the Jets offense the last three seasons. Any positive production was caused by a team effort and was not in any way a doing of Mark Sanchez --- 30 plus wins, 4 postseason wins, two trips to the Conference Championship game --- nope --- all the achievement of the placekicking holder and the fullback . There can be nothing that could ever change that conclusion as far as the club is concerned

How_can_she_slap.gif

Everyone would like you a lot more if you just admitted to being a troll. Then it would be more funny than sad.

sorry to disappoint you, pointman

but I'm just a long time diehard Jet fan who has rooted for the team, win or lose, since 1960 and will continue to root for the team, win or lose, until they bury me. I have also rooted for this team long enough to know that Mark Sanchez is the second best quarterback ever to wear a Jet uniform (not counting 40 year olds who came to the Jets to retire) and hopefully long enough to be here when he leads the Jets to the Superbowl next February

If that's what you define as a "troll" then your namecalling is, I guess, OK and within forum guidelines

Idiot, stop with the text.

Secondly, Namath ******* sucked too. Congrats, you proved Sanchez sucks slightly less... or that Sanchez just had more opportunity... or that Sanchez had a better team.. or that Sanchez is playing in a different era.. or that you are lost.. or that stats don't tell the whole story.

Dude no matter how hard it is you MUST stop attacking the posters. If not I will be force to ban you and that would bring me sad. Do it for me ok?

Dude WTF......I can't even begin to try an explain.....

his point is, I think, that everyone who thinks we have the worst QB,HC,RB,Safeties,LBs(see teh "Have we hit rock bottom" thread on this forum) should take a step back and re-evaluate what is really going on with our beloved Jets. We trended up the first 2 years with a rookie HC and Rookie QB. Last year, yeh, we missed the playoffs, 1 and 10 seemed like 1st and forever with our offense and if we went down by 2 TDs late in the year it was like FUHGETABOUTIT...It is fixable and I have faith that this HC of the NYJ is capable of kicking some moefackingass. Also have faith taht teh christmas tree will do well with picking up some ingredients to make this 2012 team better than last year. Bring on the draft moefackas!

I have said all along this is fixable.....but comparing Sanchez to Namath....is a joke.

Best theory ever.

Dude no matter how hard it is you MUST stop attacking the posters. If not I will be force to ban you and that would bring me sad. Do it for me ok?

My fault, don't want to break rules or end our love affair. But I'd like to say, thats the first time I called someone an idiot!

And a Practice Squad Rookie shall show them - Exactly my point!

Before you all go on the "WE NEED PAYTON MANNING" bandwagon- this is fixable.

The major problem (Game Play) on offense started to be corrected when we got rid of Shottenheimer.

If you are looking for a "Quick-Fix" to Life, become a PATRIOTS FAN.

And a Practice Squad Rookie shall show them - Exactly my point!

Before you all go on the "WE NEED PAYTON MANNING" bandwagon- this is fixable.

The major problem (Game Play) on offense started to be corrected when we got rid of Shottenheimer.

If you are looking for a "Quick-Fix" to Life, become a PATRIOTS FAN.

Patriots suck too. Save the children make them Giants fans.

A somewhat different game back then, no?

Namath's rookie year he got intercepted on 4.4% of his passes. This was the 2nd-best in the AFL. His 48.2% completion percentage ranked 3rd in the league.

Also as a rookie - over 5% of is pass attempts - attempts - resulted in touchdowns. Lastly, everyone here who thinks the 2012 Jets are going to average 30 points per game with a ground game averaging 3.4ypc - and then toy with an opponent's super-stingy 10ppg defense in the superbowl - raise your hand. That's what happened in Namath's 4th season.

It should also be noted that, using your line of logic, Sanchez will probably not be as good as Jason Campbell...or David Carr...or Trent Edwards.

Namath's rookie year he got intercepted on 4.4% of his passes. This was the 2nd-best in the AFL. His 48.2% completion percentage ranked 3rd in the league.

Also as a rookie - over 5% of is pass attempts - attempts - resulted in touchdowns. Lastly, everyone here who thinks the 2012 Jets are going to average 30 points per game with a ground game averaging 3.4ypc - and then toy with an opponent's super-stingy 10ppg defense in the superbowl - raise your hand. That's what happened in Namath's 4th season.

It should also be noted that, using your line of logic, Sanchez will probably not be as good as Jason Campbell...or David Carr...or Trent Edwards.

Yeah, No...that pretty much ends this argument.

F U HATER

Archived