Alex Smith visiting Miami Dolphins

GREENBEAN

I think Smith's production was a result of harbaugh and his system. Let him come to the receiverless Phins

Tweets

8m 343417_normal.gifAdam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Here's an interesting way to start your Sunday morning: 49ers free-agent QB Alex Smith is visiting today with the Miami Dolphins.

Wow I think this would be a horrible move for Smith but good for us. Smith had the built in excuse that he had to deal with different coordinators every year then finally seemed to fit in well with the niners/harbaugh who seem to be well set on defense and primed to spend some money on offense. This seems to be a bad move for both sides if you ask me meaning Smith and the Niners

Greenbean I agree with the system change being good for Smith with Harbaugh if they added a real threat at WR it would have been a nice improvement for a team that should have gone to the SB last year if not for the lucky a$$ Giants

Wow I think this would be a horrible move for Smith but good for us. Smith had the built in excuse that he had to deal with different coordinators every year then finally seemed to fit in well with the niners/harbaugh who seem to be well set on defense and primed to spend some money on offense. This seems to be a bad move for both sides if you ask me meaning Smith and the Niners

Greenbean I agree with the system change being good for Smith with Harbaugh if they added a real threat at WR it would have been a nice improvement for a team that should have gone to the SB last year if not for the lucky a$$ Giants

What I would really like to see is Smith sign woth the dolphins today and then Manning choose someone other than the niners. Oh how that would mke me smile. Smile so hard it would hurt my face. :D like that

What I would really like to see is Smith sign woth the dolphins today and then Manning choose someone other than the niners. Oh how that would mke me smile. Smile so hard it would hurt my face. :biggrin: like that

Same here while I respect Harbaughs coaching ability I cant stand the SOB. Of course if he was our coach I would love him but we're stuck with the offensive challenged fat clown

Wow I think this would be a horrible move for Smith but good for us. Smith had the built in excuse that he had to deal with different coordinators every year then finally seemed to fit in well with the niners/harbaugh who seem to be well set on defense and primed to spend some money on offense. This seems to be a bad move for both sides if you ask me meaning Smith and the Niners.

Yeah, the Niners would be horrible with Peyton Manning. Definitely have a better opportunity to win it all with Alex Smith. And what a dumby Alex Smith is trying to sign with a team that needs a starter when his team is flirting with a HOF'er.

Just stupidity all over the place.

Yeah, the Niners would be horrible with Peyton Manning. Definitely have a better opportunity to win it all with Alex Smith. And what a dumby Alex Smith is trying to sign with a team that needs a starter when his team is flirting with a HOF'er.

Just stupidity all over the place.

come talk to me when manning wins his next SB . hes 1-11 with a numerous amount of chokes..... but hey when he did not have the super talent the Jets trot out onto the field I guess thats understandable. Because you know HOF WR's like Harrison and Wayne are really just JAGS in disguise

come talk to me when manning wins his next SB . hes 1-11 with a numerous amount of chokes..... but hey when he did not have the super talent the Jets trot out onto the field I guess thats understandable. Because you know HOF WR's like Harrison and Wayne are really just JAGS in disguise

Oh, so now Peyton Manning sucks and he wouldnt be able to do anything with Randy Moss, Mario Manningham, Vernon Davis, Frank Gore and Michael Crabtree?

Just think if they resignd Braylon Edwards. Teams are knocking down his door.

Oh, so now Peyton Manning sucks and he wouldnt be able to do anything with Randy Moss, Mario Manningham, Vernon Davis, Frank Gore and Michael Crabtree?

Never said he sucked bu how many SB's has he won and how many playoff chokes ? Before he won his SB (which BTW was won by the insane defense that team played on that run) he was labled a choker with happy feet just sayin. I happen to like Peyton Manning a lot but not as a 36 year old QB . Will he do Better in San fran than he would with the dysfunctional Jets ? YES 10 times over. You see San Fran is not a monumental Joke like the Jets are they actully realized they needed WR's and by god they went out and got them what a fyuckin concept They didnt get a 34 year old freah out of god damn jail and a 38 year old cast off and a team cancer who had one good year in his professional life and pay him 45 mil . Once agin dont put words in my mouth like you always do I never said Manning sucked Im talking in absolutes so if you equate 1-11 in SB as suck you said that not me

Wait Manning does not need skill players ...right ?? I mean Sanchez has similar talent to work with right ?

Never said he sucked bu how many SB's has he won and how many playoff chokes ? Before he won his SB (which BTW was won by the insane defense that team played on that run) he was labled a choker with happy feet just sayin. I happen to like Peyton Manning a lot but not as a 36 year old QB .

How many SB's has Tom Brady lost? How many SB's did Favre win and lose? How many playoff games has Drew Brees lost?

So what you're saying is Alex Smith >>> Peyton Manning. And Alex Smith is stupid for talking to a team that would consider making him a starter while his former team is entertaining one of the greatest QB's of all time. Got it.

Wait Manning does not need skill players ...right ?? I mean Sanchez has similar talent to work with right ?

You said he sucked without skills players, I showed you the Niners have skill players. Not sure what you're getting at.

You said he sucked without skills players, I showed you the Niners have skill players. Not sure what you're getting at.

your never sure what anyone is getting at because you always twist words and post some nonsense claiming you know what the poster your responding to might be thinking.

How many SB's has Tom Brady lost? How many SB's did Favre win and lose? How many playoff games has Drew Brees lost?

So what you're saying is Alex Smith >>> Peyton Manning. And Alex Smith is stupid for talking to a team that would consider making him a starter while his former team is entertaining one of the greatest QB's of all time. Got it.

Tom Brady WON 3 SB's and put his team in a position to win a 4th with a go ahead drive with 2 minutes remaining vs a team that bashed his face in fo the entire game and you want to compare those 2 QB's ??

Tom Brady WON 3 SB's and put his team in a position to win a 4th with a go ahead drive with 2 minutes remaining vs a team that bashed his face in fo the entire game and you want to compare those 2 QB's ??

Wow - you talk out every possible side of your mouth. Tom Brady was carried to SB's with Jag offensive players because of elite defense and cant win with all this current amazing offensive talent and no defense. Manning carried a team with no defense for years with (your words) elite skills positions but only has 1 ring.

Just shut up already.

Wow - you talk out every possible side of your mouth. Tom Brady was carried to SB's with Jag offensive players because of elite defense and cant win with all this current amazing offensive talent and no defense. Manning carried a team with no defense for years with (your words) elite skills positions but only has 1 ring.

Just shut up already.

My bad JIF you know it all, I wont bother anymore.

By the way your the idiot talking out of your a$$ now your claiming Defense wins SB's LOL your a joke .

Told ya last year the WR situation was a joke as was the O-Line amd RB's but you laughed and knew much much more .... how that turn out JIFFY ?

Brady happened to lead game winning drives in just about every SB he was in with much less talent than Manning had but hey in your world that counts for nothing. Manning played on teams that were good enough to win 12 13 and 14 games for most of his career that did have some good defenses he struggled vs playoff defenses and thats pretty well documented but I guess his amazing stats eclipse all of that because clutch means nothing. Manning is no doubt a great QB but hes very much over rated on these forums. He was in the same system with the same talent around him for years just like a lot of the other great QB's in this league. If you think he just steps into another system like the Jets and turns it all around vs top defenses you are sadly mistaken. He will most likely continue to beat up on the crap teams in the league and win a lot of games because, yes, he IS a better QB than most but come playoff time he will struggle just as much as he always has. The only people who are dilusional are Jets fans who thought Peyton Manning would come to this football team in the conditionj its in. In fact he dosent have the BALLS to come to this team hes going to go to the perfect little situation to fit his needs whcih is a dome or a good weather town and talent will also play a big part. Hes not stupid but in the end at 36 this will be no easy feat to win a superbowl his window is closing and it takes some time for QB and WR's to mesh together its also why its very rare to see a QB win a SB in his first 4 seasons leading a team .

Like I said give me a call when Peyton wins his next SB. His best possible chance is in San Fran but in all honesty I thought the Niners would have had Smith Signed.

If he would have come to the Jets his careeer would have ended in a few years

Same here while I respect Harbaughs coaching ability I cant stand the SOB. Of course if he was our coach I would love him but we're stuck with the offensive challenged fat clown

Its the same situation as rex. Right now harbaugh is the golden boy rookie hc who took the lowly niners to the championship. He has all the makings of over confidence. Look at how he offended the lions coach last year and almost got into a fist fight. He's already signing potential trouble with old man Moss. Everyone is sucking him off right now just like they did rex. This going for Manning thing when they almost made it outside of a truly boneheaded mistake by a player is foolish IMO and I hope it burns them.

I am rooting for failure. It would, in some small way, vindicate the brashness of the jets to me.

I hate every non Jet by the way. lol

I think Smith's production was a result of harbaugh and his system. Let him come to the receiverless Phins

Tweets

8m 343417_normal.gifAdam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Here's an interesting way to start your Sunday morning: 49ers free-agent QB Alex Smith is visiting today with the Miami Dolphins.

Disrespectful by the niners. This guy puts up a year like he did and the only reason why they miss the SB is because a moron on Sp. Teams and they throw him to the curb for a 1 or 2 year stint with Peyton Manning?

Im not saying Peyton is bad, but he should be going to a team that NEEDS a QB. Denver needs a QB, Tennessee needs a QB. I dont get this.

Disrespectful by the niners. This guy puts up a year like he did and the only reason why they miss the SB is because a moron on Sp. Teams and they throw him to the curb for a 1 or 2 year stint with Peyton Manning?

Im not saying Peyton is bad, but he should be going to a team that NEEDS a QB. Denver needs a QB, Tennessee needs a QB. I dont get this.

This is the Doug Brien excuse. Alex Smith may not have been the goat of the game, but throwing for 200 yards doesn't win you much anymore. The offense was basically non-existent but for 2 plays.

It's a great move by the 9ers who are probably NFC favorites with Manning.

This is the Doug Brien excuse. Alex Smith may not have been the goat of the game, but throwing for 200 yards doesn't win you much anymore. The offense was basically non-existent but for 2 plays.

It's a great move by the 9ers who are probably NFC favorites with Manning.

So negate his entire season and the fact that he kept the 9ers in it against a defense that was red hot when they met them?

Being NFC favorites means nothing in the offseason. Smith produced, but I cant say they're doing him dirty. He is a FA.

Like I said though, Who ever signs manning they're going to be more than a NFC/AFC favorite, they're going to be a SB favorite so its Superbowl or Bust.

I dont think that Manning will get another ring before Sanchez anyway! :winking0001:

So negate his entire season and the fact that he kept the 9ers in it against a defense that was red hot when they met them?

Being NFC favorites means nothing in the offseason. Smith produced, but I cant say they're doing him dirty. He is a FA.

Like I said though, Who ever signs manning they're going to be more than a NFC/AFC favorite, they're going to be a SB favorite so its Superbowl or Bust.

I dont think that Manning will get another ring before Sanchez anyway! :winking0001:

No, lets not negate the entire season.

This season, the 49ers were the 26th ranked offense. Which, to save you the trouble, was 1 spot behind the Jets. They were the 29th ranked passing offense.

So, the resurgence of Alex Smith basically improved them to "still one of the worst offenses in the league".

I'm glad we didn't ignore the whole season.

Alex Smith: Report: Fins trying to sign Smith for $8M/yr

According to the Denver Post, the Dolphins are currently negotiating a contract with free agent Alex Smith that would pay him $8 million annually.

The Dolphins are so desperate, after losing out on Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn, that they're now willing to significantly overpay a borderline NFL starter at near the level of franchise quarterback money. Flynn only got $6.33M annually from the Seahawks. Smith isn't as physically talented as incumbent Dolphins starter Matt Moore, and he's certainly not worth more than Flynn. At this point, it's almost as if the Fins are trying to sign a quarterback, just to sign a quarterback. Mar. 18 - 8:00 pm et

Source: Denver Post

Alex Smith: Report: Fins trying to sign Smith for $8M/yr

According to the Denver Post, the Dolphins are currently negotiating a contract with free agent Alex Smith that would pay him $8 million annually.

The Dolphins are so desperate, after losing out on Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn, that they're now willing to significantly overpay a borderline NFL starter at near the level of franchise quarterback money. Flynn only got $6.33M annually from the Seahawks. Smith isn't as physically talented as incumbent Dolphins starter Matt Moore, and he's certainly not worth more than Flynn. At this point, it's almost as if the Fins are trying to sign a quarterback, just to sign a quarterback. Mar. 18 - 8:00 pm et

Source: Denver Post

What was Alex Smith thinking? lmfao.

Remember that fable of the dog with the bone in his mouth looking in the water at the other dog with the seemingly bigger bone? He tried to grab the other dogs bone and only ended up losing his in the water because the other dog was his own reflection . That's how I see what the niners are doing right now. Make sense? who knows?? :D

Remember that fable of the dog with the bone in his mouth looking in the water at the other dog with the seemingly bigger bone? He tried to grab the other dogs bone and only ended up losing his in the water because the other dog was his own reflection . That's how I see what the niners are doing right now. Make sense? who knows?? :biggrin:

They still have Colin Kaepernick in case they lose out on both Manning and Smith. Not a bad 3rd option.

Archived