Why Denver? I dont get it

TheShow

I can't understand why Manning went to denver, the 9ers roster is great, Tennessee's roster is alot better than Denver's. out of the final 3 teams he picked the worst team. My mothers new Hubby is a huge broncos fan and is happy as hell, i asked him why would manning go there and the response i get is "Becasue there the best team in the NFL" OHHHHHKAY!

Mannings never going to tell the real reason, it's just bugging the crap out of me for some reason.

1. He wanted to stay in the AFC because its an easier path to the Super Bowl.

2. John Elway and John Fox threw their full support behind him and gave him the keys to the offense. Doubt he would have gotten this treatment in San Francisco under Harbaugh.

3. The Broncos don't suck nearly as badly as people seem to be saying. Fox turned down that defense around in one offseason and can continue to focus on building it up this offseason. And Dallas Clark will, of course, follow Peyton.

4. The AFC West is still a joke.

Those are the reasons I can think of.

all good points, I was just reading that the bronco's are still 30 somthing million under the cap, if that's true then they could actually get a big wr for manning, mike wallace or someone of that nature. so with all your points and that, it's making a little more since. maybe sanfran told him they'd still be a running team and we know he wouldn't like that.

and me living in tennesse it makes me happy he didn't sign with the titians. omg i'd be in Manning hell!

all good points, I was just reading that the bronco's are still 30 somthing million under the cap, if that's true then they could actually get a big wr for manning, mike wallace or someone of that nature. so with all your points and that, it's making a little more since. maybe sanfran told him they'd still be a running team and we know he wouldn't like that.

and me living in tennesse it makes me happy he didn't sign with the titians. omg i'd be in Manning hell!

With 30 mil to go to the cap they can add a lot more than just one top-flight WR. Not to mention Demaryius Thomas isn't exactly an awful option there to begin with. I'd look for them to add a big name OL in additino to a WR to keep Manning's neck safe.

Rick Reilly did this about a week ago - was kind of a joke but still.

http://espn.go.com/e...yton-next-place

Even as a joke he was pretty spot on. My girlfriend is from Denver and absolutely LOVED it growing up. And guess how many snow days she had in her whole life? 2. Most of the snow ends up being blocked off by the Rockies except for the rare occasion when the wind comes from the south, resulting in a blizzard. No dome, no problem.

It's a cant-miss spot for him and his family.

I can't understand why Manning went to denver, the 9ers roster is great, Tennessee's roster is alot better than Denver's. out of the final 3 teams he picked the worst team. My mothers new Hubby is a huge broncos fan and is happy as hell, i asked him why would manning go there and the response i get is "Becasue there the best team in the NFL" OHHHHHKAY!

Mannings never going to tell the real reason, it's just bugging the crap out of me for some reason.

Figure when you're Peyton Manning, there are only a handful of people on the planet who can speak TO you. John Elway is one of them. There's no pitch an owner can make (even the Titans offering a position with the team for life.........wow...like Peyton Manning nees a job after fotball. lol Yeah, I had the same question at first but it becomes obvious. (Eli would've gone to Tennessee just to stick it to Luck and the colts twice a year but that's the difference between them. As long as he didnt come here. whew. lol

It seems like his #1 criteria was the credibility of the leadership in the organization, which is likely why he passed on San Fran and Miami and, you know, other teams.

The Giants never had a chance either! :tongue:

Your boss and the guy running the franchise was an NFL QB. What Manning wants, Manning will get.

Elway suffered a serious injury at 36 and didnt know if he would be the same player or if he would ever get to another SB. If anyone can relate to what lies ahead for Manning its Elway.

They have a great defense. Their OCoordinator has proven he is very good at adapting. The head coach is defensive minded. With that altitude the no-huddle will be insanely hard for defenses.

They do? Have a GREAT defense, I mean? The Denver defense is HIGHLY over-rated. Middle of the pack at best.

They have a great defense. Their OCoordinator has proven he is very good at adapting. The head coach is defensive minded. With that altitude the no-huddle will be insanely hard for defenses.

Yes their Defense is on the rise Von Miller paired with Dumervill is quite tasty, Add a real QB who reduces 3 and outs and keeps Def off the field. Amazing how some posters cant see the forest thru the trees

Archived