denden29

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets announce trade for Tebow

Jets fan: I HATE THE JETS and I HATE TEBOW. THEY BOTH SUKKKK

trade is held up due to contract issue

Jets fan: I HATE TANNY FOR NOT READING A CONTRACT. HE SUKKKS

Right. We should all be grateful Tannenbaum is so incompetent. Otherwise he might have ended up doing something really stupid.

Right. We should all be grateful Tannenbaum is so incompetent. Otherwise he might have ended up doing something really stupid.

I love the draft. Love it. There's no 4th round pick that can impact the team, the locker room and the franchise like Tim Tebow. even if it just makes Mark straight up and fly right. It's an excellent use of a pick that might just turn into the next Bilal Powell.

Why wouldnt Denver just void the 5 mil.

They got a good deal.

Cause they think they duped the Jets like the idiots they are.. perhaps someone was offering more picks, but no money??? So denver took lower pic + 5M... my guess

The rumor I'm hearing is Tanny knew of the $5M clause but wanted to get the fan reaction before going ahead with the deal. When he heard so many Jets fans on JN and other sites would quit supporting the team he refused to finalize the deal.

Actually, the term "In Principal" means that the contract was agreed upon "verbally." Elway never informed the Jets that there was an exclusion to the trade that would require the Jets to pay back the initial pre-paid salary for 2013 & 2014.

This sytematically gives us the right to Veto the trade.

On a different note;

Is Anyone else here Thinking that John Elway never intended to make the trade with the Jets & instead USED us as a shakedown to Jacksonville?

The rumor I'm hearing is Tanny knew of the $5M clause but wanted to get the fan reaction before going ahead with the deal. When he heard so many Jets fans on JN and other sites would quit supporting the team he refused to finalize the deal.

Lol... seriously though, if the Jets are smart they know anyone posting on these boards isn't going anywhere. We are the diehards that can be counted on. It's the casual interest masses that are way more lucrative and intriguing.. Heck I've gotten texts from a few people who were excited and basically don't follow football except for the super bowl

Twitter right? Exactly the reason why I hate twitter.

For the record, the use of twitter (along with mass stupidity) just cost the Jets 5 million.

It was the Jets own stupidity:

The Broncos and Jets initially agreed to a trade that would send Tebow and a seventh-round pick to New York in exchange for a fourth-round pick and a sixth-round pick. But that trade hit a sticking point when the Jets realized that Tebow’s contract had a clause that required some $5 million in salary advances he has already received to be sent back to the Broncos by any team that acquires him.

The Jets apparently didn’t fully read Tebow’s contract before agreeing to the deal. And although the Jets formally announced the trade, they did not finalize it with the league office, which is required before any trade becomes official. So it appears that the Jets will be able to back out of the deal now that they realize how much Tebow would cost them.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/if-tim-tebow-jets-deal-is-nixed-jaguars-will-be-in-the-mix/

Read the contract like your suppose to and this doesn't happen.

It was the Jets own stupidity:

The Broncos and Jets initially agreed to a trade that would send Tebow and a seventh-round pick to New York in exchange for a fourth-round pick and a sixth-round pick. But that trade hit a sticking point when the Jets realized that Tebow’s contract had a clause that required some $5 million in salary advances he has already received to be sent back to the Broncos by any team that acquires him.

The Jets apparently didn’t fully read Tebow’s contract before agreeing to the deal. And although the Jets formally announced the trade, they did not finalize it with the league office, which is required before any trade becomes official. So it appears that the Jets will be able to back out of the deal now that they realize how much Tebow would cost them.

http://profootballta...-be-in-the-mix/

Read the contract like your suppose to and this doesn't happen.

I understood what happened, explain that to Tanny....over twitter because obviously he's on it right now.

Here's the report from ESPN: "The teams agreed to the terms of the trade -- the Jets dealt fourth-round and sixth-round selections in 2012 in exchange for Tebow and a 2012 seventh-rounder from Denver -- before the Broncos asked New York to pay back a portion of bonuses and salary already paid to Tebow, sources told Schefter."

They agreed in principle first. Then Denver added a new stipulation. I don't see why Tanny would have *expected* to pay money to Tebow that Tebow has already received! Freakin ridiculous on the part of the Donkeys.

Whether is an agreement in principal or not is irrelevant the Jets should have known the details before announcing it. They didn't do their due diligence which is inexcusable. I hope this trade dies it was a terrible idea in the first place but the Jets look like buffoons either way. According to pro-football talk returning the $5 million salary advance was in the contract. Read the thing first before you announce a trade.

But that trade hit a sticking point when the Jets realized that Tebow’s contract had a clause that required some $5 million in salary advances he has already received to be sent back to the Broncos by any team that acquires him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/if-tim-tebow-jets-deal-is-nixed-jaguars-will-be-in-the-mix/

Whether is an agreement in principal or not is irrelevant the Jets should have known the details before announcing it. They didn't do their due diligence which is inexcusable. I hope this trade dies it was a terrible idea in the first place but the Jets look like buffoons either way. According to pro-football talk returning the $5 million salary advance was in the contract. Read the thing first before you announce a trade.

But that trade hit a sticking point when the Jets realized (OOPPPPSSSS my bad) that Tebow’s contract had a clause that required some $5 million in salary advances he has already received to be sent back to the Broncos by any team that acquires him.

While Tanny and the FO are sitting ducks for this mess looking at the other side one has to admire the cahoneys of Elway and why he is a good GM.

He is getting a 4th and 6th rounder for a 7th and a QB he absolutely hated and wanted to ride out of town ASAP and then he has balls to expect the acquiring team to pick up the 5 mill in salary. Way to negotiate.

But that trade hit a sticking point when the Jets realized that Tebow’s contract had a clause that required some $5 million in salary advances he has already received to be sent back to the Broncos by any team that acquires him.

Stop being a premadonna. The deal was leaked. Then the Jets announcted that they had agreed to this deal "in principle." My god, what is the big deal?

How do you propose they agree to a deal before agreeing in principle?

Stop being a premadonna. The deal was leaked. Then the Jets announcted that they had agreed to this deal "in principle." My god, what is the big deal?

How do you propose they agree to a deal before agreeing in principle?

The deal was leaked? The Jets tweeted it themselves. BEFORE THEY READ THE CONTRACT.

This $5 million advance was guaranteed so it would count somewhere on the Jets cap. Looks like Tebow’s 2012 salary will be $2.5 million instead of $1.1 million and his 2013 and 2014 salary will go up.

If Tebow hits his incentives you could have like a $7.5 million salary in 2013 so $20 million in 2 QB's great. The Jets are going to have to cut Sanchez or Tebow in 2013 take a huge cap hit they can't afford cause they don't know how to read.

Here's the report from ESPN: "The teams agreed to the terms of the trade -- the Jets dealt fourth-round and sixth-round selections in 2012 in exchange for Tebow and a 2012 seventh-rounder from Denver -- before the Broncos asked New York to pay back a portion of bonuses and salary already paid to Tebow, sources told Schefter."

They agreed in principle first. Then Denver added a new stipulation. I don't see why Tanny would have *expected* to pay money to Tebow that Tebow has already received! Freakin ridiculous on the part of the Donkeys.

The Jets didn't read the contract. That is how it is worded in the contract. Denver doesn't have a responsibility to educate the Jets on their contract language. This is the one area Tanny is supposedly good at.

Lol... seriously though, if the Jets are smart they know anyone posting on these boards isn't going anywhere. We are the diehards that can be counted on. It's the casual interest masses that are way more lucrative and intriguing.. Heck I've gotten texts from a few people who were excited and basically don't follow football except for the super bowl

Yep...Also a couple of texts from Philly (?) fans. Entertain me.

Actually, the term "In Principal" means that the contract was agreed upon "verbally." Elway never informed the Jets that there was an exclusion to the trade that would require the Jets to pay back the initial pre-paid salary for 2013 & 2014.

This sytematically gives us the right to Veto the trade.

+1 this is exactly what IN PRINCIPAL means. if Tebow showed up and failed a physical that would also veto the trade. there's a 1000 details that need to be checked into before a trade is finalized

it reminds me of the office when Michael Scott thinks saying the words "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY" really loud is how he can get out of his debts. Saying something verbally is not the same as the nitty gritty of actually getting it done.

+1 this is exactly what IN PRINCIPAL means. if Tebow showed up and failed a physical that would also veto the trade. there's a 1000 details that need to be checked into before a trade is finalized

it reminds me of the office when Michael Scott thinks saying the words "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY" really loud is how he can get out of his debts. Saying something verbally is not the same as the nitty gritty of actually getting it done.

Exactly. Papers must be signed, the trade must be filed.

But of course, the Jets are making history here. Never before has a trade been tenatively agreed upon and then retracted. WTF

Archived