OL in the first round

slats

Why does everyone seem to mention David DeCastro, but no one mentions Riley Reiff?

From the stuff I've read, neither of these guys is really expected to be there at #16, although most mocks have DeCastro going higher than Reiff. Yet, Reiff better fits the Jets needs as a natural OT.

Am I missing something?*

*I probably am, I don't follow college football.

I would be happy with either one. Decastro is the more sure thing but only at guard, a position we don't need as badly as Tackle. Reiff would be a good pick that would be an upgrade over Hunter and the turd that is Dookasss.

BIG drop off from Kalil to Reiff -- I would only pick him if we can trade back. As good as I believe DeCastro will be, he is a luxury pick unless something else is done to fill the hole at RT. No way that Kalil drops, but if by some miracle he does, trading up for him would be the way to go rather than doing so for Richardson.

Why does everyone seem to mention David DeCastro, but no one mentions Riley Reiff?

From the stuff I've read, neither of these guys is really expected to be there at #16, although most mocks have DeCastro going higher than Reiff. Yet, Reiff better fits the Jets needs as a natural OT.

Am I missing something?*

No, you aren't missing anything.

the biggest problem with projecting the Jets to take an ol in the first is that Wayne Hunter's salary is guarunteed. they aren't gonna take a 1st round pick OL and then eat Hunter's salary. Plus don't forget that the team still believes in Vlad (even tho we have stopped). add it all up we can pretend the Jets are gonna take an OL (my fave is Cordy Glenn) but that's just not likely.

much more likely they take a sleeper in rd 5 like Lance Nix, Pitt

lots of tackles graded as 2nd and 3rd rounders, quite deep actually at tackle this year. No reason to reach at 16 even though I dont want to waste another year of my life watching Hunter's smirk in the starting lineup. Guard is a possibility but not an urgent need as say LB, Safety and WR. Unless of course, if Slausson is not going to recover before the season starts.

Am I missing something?*

If Riley Reif is on the board when the Jets pick, and we don't draft him everyone in the room should be fired IMO! We preach G&P, and he should be a no brainer if available to compliment our philosophy, I would even be ok trading up to 12 to draft this guy, I believe Seattle has that pick I could be wrong, and we have made draft trades with their current regime in the past.

Archived